ml overheating

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Re: ml overheating

Postby luke90 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:07 am

coughy wrote:
luke90 wrote:http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Viscous-Clutch-Fan-Hub-for-Mitsubishi-Triton-ML-07-06-08-09-3-2L-4-cyl-/181912888713?hash=item2a5ada6589:g:i60AAOSwA4dWLP9T

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Water-Pump-f ... Swl9BWGOIq

these would be sweet to go in?

here m8
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBISHI-T ... SwLzdWQ8sp

absolute legend, am ordering it now
luke90

ml overheating

Postby mattz on Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:44 am

This is from another thread but it might pay to check as it won't cost anything
gaspode wrote:Well, I have finally solved the mystery of the irregular and fluctuating temperature gauge as reported back in July. I haven't had a lot of time lately to investigate the issue (got married, expecting first child any day now) but after fixing everything I have found while searching for the issue (loose earth terminals, removing my HID headlights, replacing a faulty reversing camera, faulty Sat Nav antenna, broken LED parker/indicator unit on bull bar) I have ticked things off the list and this has lead me to the actual issue causing my scan gauge (and probably the ECU) to read under temperature.

It was a High Resistance connection on one of the sensor plugs on the cooling system itself in the engine bay. Possibly disturbed during routine maintenance or more likely as of the age of my Triton, it just happened.

So if you notice strange temperature readings under deceleration, fluctuating temperatures at highway speeds as well as changes in temperature when you go around corners, check your cooling system plugs in the engine bay.

I hope this helps.
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby luke90 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:29 pm

thanks mate, ill add it to my list when i get home for friday. hopefully its something like this
luke90

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:07 pm

I think the above scenario was more about the readings going nuts, whereas you seem to be having actual overheating going on.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby luke90 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:39 pm

i was thinking that, due to the coolant boiling and actually overflowing but i figured it would hurt to check it out either.
ive got the clutch fan and water pump on their way and i get home tomorrow night from work so will be putting them in on the weekend hopefully if they are there in time
luke90

Postby Chaso on Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:12 am

Hi guys, having similar problems with my 3.2 ML. Started pressurising the recovery bottle and not returning to the radiator. Since then I have replaced the thermostat, fan clutch, radiator, water pump, head gasket. First of all I had coolant in the cab from the heat exchanger so I have bipast that. A leaking heater hose coming from the EGR block that base been replaced and now it's pushing coolant overboard again and not retrieving it. Not getting hot at all. Are they a complete bastard to bleed?? The head was pressure tested. I need to check it out again today to make sure the bubbling goes away completely, not convinced the machenic got it right.
Chaso

ml overheating

Postby mattz on Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:10 am

Have the whole cooling system pressure tested.
If it's loosing pressure (leak somewhere) the coolant will not return from the overflow.
EDIT.....oh and what coolant are you using?
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby Big Brad on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:39 am

My Ml V6 had overheating issues at 250 000klm.

Threw in a new radiator , fan clutch and added an external fan which comes on with the air con compressor and viola.

Up to 330 000klm now and never moves the needle once warmed up. Towing up mountains or blasting down the highway makes no difference.

Brad
The next statement is True - The first statement is False
Big Brad

Postby Chaso on Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:18 am

Using nulon (spell check) green one mixed at 30%.
Replaced the radiator cap again seems alright, driving back and forth to work, around 60km per, no worries. Go on a trip and she blows it out again!! No idea.
Chaso

Previous

Return to Warranty/Recalls