Can pressure testing the cooling system cause the problem

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Can pressure testing the cooling system cause the problem

Postby Tristram on Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:48 pm

Hello, I have just had the 30000km service on my triton and the dealer said they didn't have time to do the pressure test re the overheating recall And I would have to Book another appoitment.I was wondering, if they have done the ecu update coolant and radiator cap and I have not experienced any problems might I be better off just leaving the test. Could it aggravate the problem and leave me without a vehicle. I think I read that they are out of engines in stock, is this still the case? I imagine from my rural dealer who are mostly Toyota and somewhat disinterested in the mitsubishi, a motor replacement would take months. I apologise for such a question and I know the answer is not straight forward but I have to decided wether to take back my perfectly running car or potentially risk having no car, I use it for my business and drive like a grandma so I have to consider the risk vs gain. Roughly what percent of vehicles fail. Is this a stupid question? I absolutely love everything about the car and could not be happier with it in every respect. Any thought or advise would be greatly appreciated.
Tristram

Re: Can pressure testing the cooling system cause the proble

Postby Longranger1 on Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:30 am

I suspect a lot of the issues from this operation stem from incorrect bleeding of air out of the cooling system.

Air entrapment could lead to hot spots in the cylinder head with possible subsequent failure.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they do have some damned good ideas.

If it's feral, it's in peril.

MN turbo lag? What lag??

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
Longranger1
Platinum Subscriber

Postby als1200 on Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:10 am

I heard that they had near 50 odd motors ready to go?
als1200

Postby Morgs n Jess on Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:37 pm

Just had mine done due to overheating/corrosion, took about 3 weeks including testing and subsequent turbo replacement.
Morgs n Jess

Return to Warranty/Recalls