Squeak in Suspension

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Re: Squeak in Suspension

Postby Homer on Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:16 am

MR T wrote:well got mr t back thisarvo and had new spring put in and theysound great for now also geting new seatbelts at the front and the new manifold put in as mine was using 13.2l\100k , also need to get new vacume solinoids put in as the new swiches didnt work so will prob get all that done in the next 2 weeks

Hey T is that your 4wd solenoids?? Was that the 'clunk' you were talking about, then the car would start to pull through sand in the Simpson?
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby MR T on Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:53 pm

haaaa you may be on to something there if it isnt working and then there is a clunk as it engages under throttle :?:
a smile is a sign of joy, a hug is a sign of love, a laugh is a sign of happiness and a friend like me...well...that's a sign of good taste.
MR T

Postby Dirty_Ute on Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:18 am

I have the Ute and carry around bit of wait around the farm. The rear springs have now sagged and in s position with no wait on it and they squeak constantly as the plastic insulators are worn out.

My rear shackle rubbers are also worn out, the bolts on hangers sit on the diagonal. The factory springs are good for the ride, but hopeless if you use it as a ute.

Will be fitting new set rear springs next month, going to get set with extra leaf.
Dirty_Ute

Postby 4x4_bugsy on Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:29 am

Mine started at around 5000km and had the new slipper pads installed. worked for a while but last time the stealer looked they just greased them up, getting back that old squeeky sound again now...35000km...
4x4_bugsy

Postby Racer on Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:41 pm

4x4_bugsy wrote:Mine started at around 5000km and had the new slipper pads installed. worked for a while but last time the stealer looked they just greased them up, getting back that old squeeky sound again now...35000km...

Thats the solution Bugsy...heavy duty grease in a can....
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

Postby bails on Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:44 pm

I've had it too. Its the springs wearing in. happened when i took the truck on its first 4wd. i'm living with it as funds are getting closer to up grade. Up grade to what? Not sure. As the funds will allow i guess. Dame why does the boy have to start school now.
bails

Postby SANDSPITTER on Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:50 pm

just to let you all know I have dobbinsons springs and they sqeek as well.
SANDSPITTER

Postby snowman on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:36 pm

SANDSPITTER wrote:just to let you all know I have dobbinsons springs and they sqeek as well.

ditto. :x
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Joe on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:35 pm

ditto, ditto. :x :x

I think I will have to take out shares in the company that makes INOX. :lol:
Dad
----
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Joe

Postby Mongrel on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:50 pm

My Stealer has tried 3 times to stop my squeak and it is there again before I get the truck home! :(
Ain't Nothing Like a Mongrel. :twisted:
Mongrel

Postby GLX-R Alex on Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:47 pm

Got my squeak in the rear leaf springs rectified at the stealer service on friday.. 15000kms
GLX-R Alex

Postby Narloo on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:38 pm

The sqeak is not always the bushes & shackels. I have found the leaves rub against the spring pack retainers and cause much of the noise. The OE ones have poly sleaves in an attempt to reduce this. When one of mine broke off the pack recently the squeak dissapeared. :?
Narloo

Postby RHKTriton on Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:47 pm

Only long term solution to eliminate squeaks - coil suspension!
wrt the spring pack retainers, I was thinking about getting some hard teflon strip and riveting, etc these on the inside. the stuff I've seen was used in coal bunkers to help stop the stuff sticking and was virtually indestructable.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby chaser on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:04 pm

buy mk rear leafs they didnt make any noises 8-)
No longer a Mitsubishi technician, just a plain old boring mechanic with Mitsubishi training...

2005 Toyota Prado gxl, Lifted, Bar, Lights, Tyres etc etc...

Triton still on the waiting list.....
chaser

Postby SANDSPITTER on Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:36 pm

Sounds like i should have a MK
SANDSPITTER

Postby trouble on Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:54 am

I have OME and they also squeak. Then just recently ventured off road came home and washed the truck and now no squeak ............ :?
I Love The Mods!
Ban everyone!
trouble

Postby Split on Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:32 pm

I just bought a 2007 triton and the squeak is driving me mental.

Wondering if any of you guys got any resolve from mitsu is it worth me going down that track or just keep pumping it with RP7?

The minister for finances has said there is to be no upgrade of suspension at this stage.
Split

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:52 pm

Others have suggested applying lanotec or chain oil, both of which may stick around for a bit longer than RP7. There was also a member who achieved some success by bending the verticals on his u-bolts outwards from memory.

I have aftermarket springs on mine. When I got a squeak it was resolved with a lump hammer by realigning the leaf pack away from the u-bolts a bit. The squeak hasn't returned as yet.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby 1tuff_triton on Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:54 pm

I have got rough dog suspension and after 25k in it started to quick like buggery in the rear. Thank god for inox for a bit of relief
It's not Tough unless it's TUFF
1tuff_triton

Postby Lee-thal on Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:49 pm

TALK TO YOUR DEALER, There is now a fix kit that can be fitted under warranty that should rectify this.

NOTE: SHOULD

Cheers Lee
Lee-thal

Postby helicoptercow on Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:07 pm

even for aftermarket suspension????

"it's so much easier to apologise rather than ask for permission" - gutters

The Cattle Truck

"Wool-Wheat" = Cotton. Warm like wool, but grows like wheat

helicoptercow
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ultimate on Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:09 pm

Others have suggested applying lanotec or chain oil, both of which may stick around for a bit longer than RP7. There was also a member who achieved some success by bending the verticals on his u-bolts outwards from memory.

I have aftermarket springs on mine. When I got a squeak it was resolved with a lump hammer by realigning the leaf pack away from the u-bolts a bit. The squeak hasn't returned as yet.

I think it may be the spring clamps which you are referring to. These are U shaped brackets which help align the leaves. If they rub against it, you will get a squeaking noise. Bending the clips back or realigning the leaves will help reduce the squeak. Leaf springs themselves are designed to work on friction so you will get squeaking no matter what you do. Regular servicing is recommended on any leaf pack to keep them working properly and will prevent excessive squeaking.

Have a look at this video of the rear suspension on a Triton working on normal road conditions. You can see how much the springs actually move and can appreciate why you would get a squeak under certain conditions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o8mHmDfet4

The is Fraz's vehicle which has one of our 2" lifts and the video was filmed when a set of the firestone airbags were fitted. They have since been removed because he doesn't require them but it gives an idea of everything works in together ;)
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby Split on Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:42 pm

ive never had leaf springs before so this is all new to me, maybe this is how they are meant to sound?

i will take it to the dealer next week and see if i can get it sorted.
Split

Postby Homer on Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:37 pm

It is the leaves slipping out of alignment sideways within their carrier/clamps...well it is when mine squeak bad.

Jack it up and hit the leaves back into line with a hammer ;) will stop the squeak until they move again...

I do it when I change to or from the muddies so you may need to remove the wheel to get swinging room :lol: :lol:

Mine only happens to the drivers side...but I give the passenger side one whack just to let it know what it's in for :roll:
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby rsch1977 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:53 am

Does anyone actually know what the "fix" for this MN allignment problem is? I went into Eagers at Newstead in Brisbane a few weeks ago enquiring about my 60000km service (on my 2010 MN) and they said they were aware of the problem and there had been a fix released recently.
I live in Gladstone and usually use Andersons Mitsubiushi, they have had the car in several times and done varying things (WD40 application and realignment). Yesterday i went in and the girl in the service department told me that "squeaks weren't covered under warranty and the problem was I wasn't carrying enough load in the tray" , bouncing leads to the allignment problem. Apparently you aren't allowed to drive a Triton unless you intend to carry 900kg at all times. What a load of sh@t.
My ute already has the "silencer kits" that they brought out (some years back) and I would love to know if anyone has had any recent satisfaction with the noise problem?
rsch1977

PreviousNext

Return to Warranty/Recalls