Listed here are the details of known Hotline fixes, technical service bulletins or recalls relating to the Triton. More will be added if or when they are released.
1. Hotline Fix No. ML 34-001
"Squeaking noise from rear leaf spring" - see also MN 34-001
which is said to have been a new improved version of the silencer kit.
2. Hotline Fix No. ML 13-001
"ECU reflash" (for injector noise)
3. Hotline Fix No. ML 13-002
Suction control valve sticking affecting fuel pressure – ECU reflashed to address surging. Note that in other markets (Russia being one) problems were identified with a particular model of the pink coloured SCVs.
4. Hotline Fix No. ML13-003
ECU reflash for surging under light acceleration, details of sorts can be found here
5. Hotline Fix No. ML37-003
Reduction in power assist with rapid steering oscillation at 1800rpm. Copy of actual hotline document can be viewed here
6. Hotline Fix No. ML42-003
Premature gas strut failure of the hard tonneau cover
7. Hotline Fix No. ML15-003
Blocked Boost Port "Check for engine lacks power" - Replaced upper inlet manifold and relocated boost port. A design change intended to reduce the propensity of the sensor port to block up. A similar hotline fix has been reported for the MN.
8. Hotline Fix No. ML11-001
- "Excessive clearance between piston pin hole & piston pin" NB: petrol engine
9. Hotline Fix no. ML15-004
(for MN models): Involves part number MS660158. The problem fixed relates to a vacuum hose fitted to the bottom of the turbo. The problem is that the hose can fall off the small tube on the bottom of the turbo, making the vehicle low on power
10. Hotline fix MN13-001
for MN models - Surge at 1750 to 2000rpm with LOT (Little Open Throttle) on Triton 4AT with 4D56 engine. Also alleged to reduce turbo lag but variable results reported.
11. Hotline fix ML37-002
- An abnormal noise (knocking) occurs in steering column area on rough surface or when turning left to right or right to left
12. Hotline fix MN21-001
– Clutch assembly replacement for noisy clutch when disengaged (see post by kingy on 16/9/2012 in this thread). Described elsewhere in this thread as a problem with cushion springs in clutch plate.
13. Hotline Fix MN22-001
– Hub Sleeve Incorrectly manufactured. This relates to MN gearbox problems with changing gears downwards, usually 4th to 3rd or 3rd to 2nd.
14. Hotline Fix MN15-005
– Poor connector contact between air flow sensor pins and air flow sensor connector – adjust pin connectors by twisting 8-10 degrees for improved contact.
15. Hotline Fix MN 52-001
- SRS light on, fault code B1441 (among others). Poor contact which creates an increased resistance in connector terminals due to improper caulking of pin terminals. Requires replacement of floor and roof harness (although in some cases "patch" harnesses have been used).
Recall notice issued for some ML Tritons "Replace the rear axle U-Bolts"
Link for ACCC Product Recalls page for Mitsubishi is here