Details of Hotline fixes/technical service bulletins/recalls

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Details of Hotline fixes/technical service bulletins/recalls

Postby subi_man on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:36 am

Listed here are the details of known Hotline fixes, technical service bulletins or recalls relating to the Triton. More will be added if or when they are released.

1. Hotline Fix No. ML 34-001 "Squeaking noise from rear leaf spring" - see also MN 34-001 which is said to have been a new improved version of the silencer kit.

2. Hotline Fix No. ML 13-001 "ECU reflash" (for injector noise)

3. Hotline Fix No. ML 13-002 Suction control valve sticking affecting fuel pressure – ECU reflashed to address surging. Note that in other markets (Russia being one) problems were identified with a particular model of the pink coloured SCVs.

4. Hotline Fix No. ML13-003 ECU reflash for surging under light acceleration, details of sorts can be found here

5. Hotline Fix No. ML37-003 Reduction in power assist with rapid steering oscillation at 1800rpm. Copy of actual hotline document can be viewed here

6. Hotline Fix No. ML42-003 Premature gas strut failure of the hard tonneau cover

7. Hotline Fix No. ML15-003 Blocked Boost Port "Check for engine lacks power" - Replaced upper inlet manifold and relocated boost port. A design change intended to reduce the propensity of the sensor port to block up. A similar hotline fix has been reported for the MN.

8. Hotline Fix No. ML11-001 - "Excessive clearance between piston pin hole & piston pin" NB: petrol engine

9. Hotline Fix no. ML15-004 (for MN models): Involves part number MS660158. The problem fixed relates to a vacuum hose fitted to the bottom of the turbo. The problem is that the hose can fall off the small tube on the bottom of the turbo, making the vehicle low on power

10. Hotline fix MN13-001 for MN models - Surge at 1750 to 2000rpm with LOT (Little Open Throttle) on Triton 4AT with 4D56 engine. Also alleged to reduce turbo lag but variable results reported.

11. Hotline fix ML37-002 - An abnormal noise (knocking) occurs in steering column area on rough surface or when turning left to right or right to left

12. Hotline fix MN21-001 – Clutch assembly replacement for noisy clutch when disengaged (see post by kingy on 16/9/2012 in this thread). Described elsewhere in this thread as a problem with cushion springs in clutch plate.

13. Hotline Fix MN22-001 – Hub Sleeve Incorrectly manufactured. This relates to MN gearbox problems with changing gears downwards, usually 4th to 3rd or 3rd to 2nd.

14. Hotline Fix MN15-005 – Poor connector contact between air flow sensor pins and air flow sensor connector – adjust pin connectors by twisting 8-10 degrees for improved contact.

15. Hotline Fix MN 52-001 - SRS light on, fault code B1441 (among others). Poor contact which creates an increased resistance in connector terminals due to improper caulking of pin terminals. Requires replacement of floor and roof harness (although in some cases "patch" harnesses have been used).

Recall notice issued for some ML Tritons "Replace the rear axle U-Bolts"
Click here for details

Link for ACCC Product Recalls page for Mitsubishi is here
Last edited by Cowboy Dave on Sun May 29, 2016 1:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Post updated as at 29 May 2016 to include additional fixes and some cross references
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Re: Details of Hotline fixes/technical service bulletins/recalls

Postby mad992 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:54 pm

cheers thanks for that subi
mad992

Postby trickydevil on Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:21 am

Yeah, I got the U bolt recall. They said they would neet the ute for 4 hours. Must be gold plateing them :lol: I reckon i could do in 1 at home. I'll get them to fix the hardcover seals while its there.

Bastards :twisted:
trickydevil

Postby Eelesy on Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:22 am

mines due for its 30k service and the recall. im going away for work for a week tomorrow, im gonna hand em the ute and tell them to fix the knock in the steering, my bluetooth is playing up again, the power steering cutout, and get the ecu reflashed for the surging. keep em busy
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby YogiOz on Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:18 pm

Getting the UBolt recall sorted today....
Mick

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some people are like a Slinky; they aren't good for anything, but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
YogiOz

Postby Iron_eagle70 on Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:15 pm

Has anyone come across a Hotline fix number for the carbon problem and the replacement part there yet?
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow
Iron_eagle70

Postby subi_man on Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:12 am

Hey Iron, AFAIk there is no Hotline fix no. yet (if someone know otherwise please let me know), but all the part no.s they use are listed here

subi_man wrote:1505A464 - Pipe, air inlet
2036A291 - Vacuum hose & pipe
MD026761 - cap rubber, 2.9mm
MN158295 - gasket-throttle body (others)
ME204371 - gasket-throttle body
1582A039 - gasket-EGR valve
MR161679 - gasket-exh/manifold EGR pipe

Cheers
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby Iron_eagle70 on Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:29 pm

Thanks Subi..

Gonna have the Ubolt Recall, Squeaks and ECU done as soon as they call me to say the parts are in... Will wait and see on the Carbon.. Not really sure if I'm feeling the affects or imagining them yet..
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow
Iron_eagle70

Postby GLSTOY on Wed May 27, 2009 5:40 pm

good old triton goes off road for two days (wednesday thursday) next week to get the recalls done, spoke to a bloke at my local stealer ship and he reckons they will need the car for two days, getting an engine knock (piston slap as he called it), running rough at idle, blue tooth and cooling fan fixed. I am a marine mechanic by trade and the only way to fix a piston slap is to remove the engine from the car and strip it down and replace the pistons and rings, going to take more than a couple of days
GLSTOY

Postby Homer on Thu May 28, 2009 7:43 am

GLS is yours a petrol??
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Adz on Thu May 28, 2009 7:47 am

^^^What he said^^^ I'd be interested to know...along with others.
You can sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts.
Adz

Postby GLSTOY on Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:24 am

no turbo diesel only way to go
GLSTOY

Postby MR T on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:37 pm

hi glstoy keep us informed
cheers
a smile is a sign of joy, a hug is a sign of love, a laugh is a sign of happiness and a friend like me...well...that's a sign of good taste.
MR T

Postby GLSTOY on Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:46 pm

trucks at the dealer now, dropped off yesturday pick up tomorrow, they said my truck has had all the hot line fixes done at an earlier date, they reckon they cant hear a nock or anything, i said ok leave it at that, fix the viscous fan and the blue tooth, time will tell i still got two and a half years warranty so its there problem if things go pair shaped.
GLSTOY

Postby slimv6 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:46 pm

Was there any hotline fix number for the piston issue on the v6's? My stealer told me that they would carry out the campaign on all the cars, according to VIN, so out of warranty, I would have to wait... :roll:
I'm not as thunk as you drink I am. ;)
slimv6

Postby Homer on Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:50 am

Sorry mate didn't get any hot line number. I think Adz is getting his done real soon so might be able to get it for you.

Mate, can't complain about getting new piston & rings at 100km's+ :D
I'd seriously consider new big end shells (although they'd probably mark them up 1000% to try and get their money back) and you'd have pretty much a rebuilt engine bar the mains.

Maybe try and buy them yourself and give them to the stealer, they have to drop the rods anyway.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Adz on Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:50 am

Mine is still yet to be returned, even though the stealer told me it would be ready last friday...anyhoo, when I get it back (should be this thursday so I've been told) I'll ask about the hotline fix number & post it up. ;)
Adz

Postby Homer on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:01 am

Good man Adz :D

Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Adz on Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:45 am

I got my truck back yesterday & let me tell you it drives like its brand new again!! :D Got told the same as Homer, not to give the engine a hard time & keep it under 3k for 1000km's.

Here's the details of the hotline fix:

ML11-001 - "Excessive clearance between piston pin hole & piston pin."

Part Numbers:
MI1110C242 - Piston & pin assembly-std B
MIMN155212 - Ring set-piston-std (Veh. set)
MIMB687002 - Gasket
MIMR431022 - Seal ring-exhaust pipe
MI1000A571 - Gasket kit-Eng overhaul-upper
MIMR925945 - Oil filter
MIMF660035 - Gasket-14mm
POL - Magnatec Prof 10W/30
POL - Coolant
Last edited by Adz on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adz

Postby Homer on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:29 am

Ahhh so it's not piston slap. I wonder why it becomes noticeable after the first oil change if it's little end clearance?

Nice and quiet hey mate. I can't tell if the engines running!

Good on you for the fix number Adz....there will be a few members on here happy with your work!

Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby 85HiluxSR5 on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:34 am

is their anything i should look out for in a vr my08?
85HiluxSR5

Postby Adz on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:39 am

Yeah its heaps better Homer...although I notice that it revs higher when its cold now for some reason? :?

But all in all Im very happy with it...they did the 15,000km service as part of the fix & stamped the book etc so Im a very happy camper! :D
Adz

Postby Homer on Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:20 am

85HiluxSR5 wrote:is their anything i should look out for in a vr my08?

No it's the V6 mate.....would look into blocking the EGR though if it was me. Worth a search

Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Etoile on Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:24 pm

Hi Guys,

Long time reader, first time poster :D

Thanks Adz for the hotline fix number, I have been smashing my head against a brick wall with my stealer here in Perth! He has been telling me for weeks that there is no fix. Finally after a call to MMA they are going to "look into it" @#@$??!! :shock:

Anyway, do you know if the loan car is part of the fix? I.e My stealer has to provide me with a free loan car?

Also if anyone could from Perth could tell me which stealers they've had the least problems with, don't want to really deal with my one anymore... :cry:

Damo
Etoile

Postby Homer on Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:45 pm

You will get one if you want one...it is a work vehicle etc etc, but if you want the insurance it is $38 per day or you pay the first $1500 or so if there is a claim.

I didn't take it but my company is underwritten for hire vehicles in the policy - mine was off the road for a little over two weeks - should be 1 to 1.5 weeks I reckon, but you can do the sums.

Homer
Valued Contributor

Next

Return to Warranty/Recalls