Details of Hotline fixes/technical service bulletins/recalls

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Re: Details of Hotline fixes/technical service bulletins/rec

Postby GPS98 on Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:32 pm

Rung Motorama at Springwood today to book Triton in for 45000km service and no mention made of recall until I asked about it, then all of sudden told all about it, will be checked when serviced, but they are doing a coolant flush and replacing coolant and a new radiator cap. Seems our MN is in the recall list :)
GPS98

Postby GPS98 on Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:32 pm

Rung Motorama at Springwood today to book Triton in for 45000km service and no mention made of recall until I asked about it, then all of sudden told all about it, will be checked when serviced, but they are doing a coolant flush and replacing coolant and a new radiator cap. Seems our MN is in the recall list :)
GPS98

Postby Sootie on Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:46 am

Mine went in for them to fix the gearbox leak today and they are going to look at the overheating recall for mine too, I havent had any issues with overheating for the last 50k kms though so I dont think there is much wrong with it :|
Sootie

Postby Liam2679 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:31 am

AnOldFart wrote:I bet there have been some bloody -'interesting'- conversations held recently back at Mitsui's Nippon Corporate Headquarters about the -'wisdom'- of their decision to run their engine block manufacturing plant's machining '-tools'- past their use-by dates. Ohh to be a fly on the wall .... ;) :D
Just been told that my engine has to be replaced at 62000km. I have had nothing but trouble with this vehicle since the day I bought it.
1- Cracked head (replaced 20000km)
2- 3rd gear synchro failed damaging 3 more gears from the metal soup
3- -airbag wiring loom replaced
4- clutch failed at 20000km from "towing too often"
I can safely say that when the new engine goes in ill be putting it on carsales. I honestly don't think I will buy a Mitsubishi again after this lemon. I think I'm going to try my luck with a ranger wildtrak.
Liam2679

Postby triton_guru on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:50 am

Towing kills all cars, just saying
triton_guru

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:03 am

I feel your pain mate but it's a bits glass half empty half full. You see it as a bunch of stuff having failed. Aside from the clutch these are known issues. Now they're fixed in theory there's nothing left that will go wrong. Quite a few blokes who scored a new engine have been very happy with that outcome. Also be aware that the rangers have had their fair share of issues too.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby JamoGLXR on Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:09 am

Liam2679 wrote:
AnOldFart wrote:I bet there have been some bloody -'interesting'- conversations held recently back at Mitsui's Nippon Corporate Headquarters about the -'wisdom'- of their decision to run their engine block manufacturing plant's machining '-tools'- past their use-by dates. Ohh to be a fly on the wall .... ;) :D
Just been told that my engine has to be replaced at 62000km. I have had nothing but trouble with this vehicle since the day I bought it.
I can safely say that when the new engine goes in ill be putting it on carsales. I honestly don't think I will buy a Mitsubishi again after this lemon. I think I'm going to try my luck with a ranger wildtrak.

anything man made will fail. its not an if its a when.
i reckon you have the same odds of getting another citrus variant no matter when manufacturer you pick.
"You'll Never Walk Alone"
JamoGLXR

Postby Crash486 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:16 pm

Man that is a tough run, can completely understand going for a different brand. Hope you have a better experience with the next one.
Crash486

Postby triton_guru on Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:30 pm

All the rangers gearboxs where i work have had issues and we are talking 7 rangers just in our department
triton_guru

Postby Liam2679 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:48 pm

triton_guru wrote:All the rangers gearboxs where i work have had issues and we are talking 7 rangers just in our department

But is that just for the manual gearboxes? I've heard good reviews about the auto which I will get.
Liam2679

Postby triton_guru on Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:12 pm

Yeah all the ones we have at work are manuals, just remember to put it in neutral when you want to get in and out of 4wd, park doesn't work lol took my mates like 15 mins to work it out haha good luck with the new car but remember lemons are everywhere and in sure there's a ranger owner in your exact shoes except he paid alot more lol
triton_guru

Postby hvac guy on Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:21 pm

My cousin is on his 3rd auto box seems to ok now but
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.
hvac guy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby DirtPig on Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:24 pm

Had my 2014 MN in for the service recall for the potentially overheating engine,

They replaced coolant with 50% concentrate, Replaced the radiator cap with 127kpa rating and reflashed the ECU.
Silver 2013 GLX MN Deisel Manual
DirtPig

Postby NowForThe5th on Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:47 pm

Gents, this thread has been drifting off topic for a while now.

Its purpose is to list hotline fixes and tech service bulletins etc., not become a discussion thread, of which there are many for the topics covered above.

Let's try to keep it on topic, please.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:17 pm

Added link for ACCC Product Recalls page for Mitsubishi to first post in this thread. As it grows you may need to refresh.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby leonbee on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:58 am

Liam2679 wrote:

All brand trucks are now made in Thailand by dedicated, well educated and well paid workers. Get a Great wall. No prob you by me wellhung we do one dollar $$$. Can't go wrong.... Made in China :lol: :lol:

Seriously. You can thank bill gates for that. Send the crap out and let the consumer be the quality control. :cry:
leonbee

Postby Monkeyz on Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:26 am

Liam2679 wrote:
triton_guru wrote:All the rangers gearboxs where i work have had issues and we are talking 7 rangers just in our department

But is that just for the manual gearboxes? I've heard good reviews about the auto which I will get.

Good luck with that, all the rangers at work are auto's bar one 12 all up and they have been Dogs, they are being replaced early with Isuzus. Ill be interested to see how they perform. funny thing is we have 2 tritons that have been good performers bar the odd issue but our fleet manager doesnt like Mitsi so he wont buy them..

Mojo..
Monkeyz

Postby kxboss on Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:36 am

The ranger 4x4 where i work, no one wants to drive as its a turd to drive and being an auto so much turbo lag that it is dangerous.
My daughters partner is a Ford trained tech and he told me that the Ranger is the most complained about vehicle.
Although the Mazda BT50 does not seem to have the same issues
kxboss

Postby leonbee on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:35 pm

I was led to believe the BT50 is the same vehicle same factory different badge, but have herd the same reports.
leonbee

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 am

Floda wrote:It is the cushion springs in the clutch plate, mine was replaced (plate only) at 39800klm, there's now a hot line fix for the problem. It is a known problem with a range of plates apparently after a new clutch plate it is better than.

MMAL hot line fix number is MN21-001 , which I referred the dealer to. Done in 3 days while I was on holidays.

From here: http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17181#p457436

Cowboy Dave

Postby Maxiy on Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:59 pm

Hi all

I had my MN in for the coolant/overheating recall recently, and ever since i have noticed a decrease in power and a decrease in fuel economy. I used to get a solid 730kms before my engine light came on, now only managing 600-650, has anyone else noticed this after the recall work was done ??

Cheers
Maxiy

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:03 pm

There have been a few reports of odd behaviour. I'd take it back and ask them to do an SQL and see if that makes it any better.

Cowboy Dave

Postby Maxiy on Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:13 pm

Excuse my ignorance CD, but what is a SQL?

Luckily i have my 15,000 service this Friday so i shall be mentioning it for sure
Maxiy

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:19 pm

Small quantity learn. They connect a computer and a device called the MUT3 to the ECU via the OBD2 port (under the dash above your left knee) and it recalibrates the fuel quantities being used and injected by the injectors. To watch it is like someone fiddling with the mix in a carburettor on a running motor, it cycles up and down and runs really rough as it leans right out and basically measures all the variables before resetting everything at what it determines to be optimum settings. They should always do one after a reflash and in my experience the engine and fuel economy seem to go a bit better after having had one done. Between SQLs the ECU uses assumed values based on kilometres travelled and an assumed deterioration in the performance of some parts - these will be mostly fine but as they're assumed rather than calculated they can be less perfect than the values assigned after an SQL.

Cowboy Dave

Postby Maxiy on Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:31 pm

Cheers CD, I shall bring it up during my service on friday :)
Maxiy

PreviousNext

Return to Warranty/Recalls