Details of Hotline fixes/technical service bulletins/recalls

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Re: Details of Hotline fixes/technical service bulletins/recalls

Postby johno on Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:31 pm

Cheers thanks for that.
"Ham and eggs... A day's work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig."
johno

Postby msquito on Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:39 pm

well my 08 ML is going in to get the steering shudder fixed once parts arrive. just went to the dealer this arvo and said its making a clunking noise and that i know of the hotline fix available for it and they ordered the parts on the spot. didnt even take it into the workshop for a look.

Anything else i should tell them about??
msquito

Postby johno on Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:53 pm

It must be the day to bug the dealers :)
I took mine in today as well, I was reading up on the issues of the manifold ( Thanks for the idea Rick ;) ) and went in to talk to them about it.
They ended up telling me that they have done it to a few and said that they would order all the parts and give me a call when they arrive :o
They didn't even see the truck, just took my word for it and said that it will be done under warranty :o
Cheers Johno
"Ham and eggs... A day's work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig."
johno

Postby s13tsilvia on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:14 pm

well ive booked my truck in for the "surging" issue and for the squeaky rear end, hopefully ill get a new manifold and the squeak fixeD!
s13tsilvia

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:35 pm

Here's another hotline fix (for those with MN models):

ML15-004

Involves part number MS660158

Despite the ML designation in the number I was given it in relation to my MN. The problem fixed relates to a vacuum hose fitted to the bottom of the turbo. The problem is that the hose can fall off the small tube on the bottom of the turbo (as I discovered to my dismay half way up a mountain while towing a horse float :shock: ).

Absent the hose the turbo basically doesn't work and the engine is very ordinary :(. I thought I had encountered the dreaded limp mode :cry:

I don't yet have the fix as the nearest dealer (Cootamundra) didn't have the part. I am told though that it consists of a very small clip (along the lines of a hose clamp perhaps?) that would restrain movement in the hose. Apparently dealers are also to apply a special kind of glue/cement to the inside of the hose but with great care since glue entering into the turbo would be less than ideal.

The hose can be checked (or refitted as in my case) without special tools - I can post instructions of sorts if anyone is interested.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby subi_man on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:28 pm

thanks cowboy dave - hope your hose stays stuck from here on
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby pickle on Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:48 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:Here's another hotline fix (for those with MN models):

ML15-004

Involves part number MS660158

Despite the ML designation in the number I was given it in relation to my MN. The problem fixed relates to a vacuum hose fitted to the bottom of the turbo. The problem is that the hose can fall off the small tube on the bottom of the turbo (as I discovered to my dismay half way up a mountain while towing a horse float :shock: ).

Absent the hose the turbo basically doesn't work and the engine is very ordinary :(. I thought I had encountered the dreaded limp mode :cry:

I don't yet have the fix as the nearest dealer (Cootamundra) didn't have the part. I am told though that it consists of a very small clip (along the lines of a hose clamp perhaps?) that would restrain movement in the hose. Apparently dealers are also to apply a special kind of glue/cement to the inside of the hose but with great care since glue entering into the turbo would be less than ideal.

The hose can be checked (or refitted as in my case) without special tools - I can post instructions of sorts if anyone is interested.

On the Challengers as well!
Dave
pickle

Postby cantdrive on Mon May 03, 2010 6:25 pm

Is this the vacuum line that runs to the actuator? If so only a small cir-clip should be needed. The glue is over-kill.
cantdrive

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon May 03, 2010 7:24 pm

I think it is the one labelled 11 in the image below:
turbo hose.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cowboy Dave

Postby MitsiGuy on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:37 pm

subi_man wrote:Hey Iron, AFAIk there is no Hotline fix no. yet (if someone know otherwise please let me know), but all the part no.s they use are listed here

subi_man wrote:1505A464 - Pipe, air inlet
2036A291 - Vacuum hose & pipe
MD026761 - cap rubber, 2.9mm
MN158295 - gasket-throttle body (others)
ME204371 - gasket-throttle body
1582A039 - gasket-EGR valve
MR161679 - gasket-exh/manifold EGR pipe

Hotline fix is ML15-003. This is the upper inlet manifold replacement, ECU reflash and an SQL. The lower manifold doesnt get touch unless the dealer specifies that it needs replacement also.
MitsiGuy

Postby 4wd26 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:46 am

MitsiGuy wrote:
A blue dog wrote:
4 Speed automatic.

I have noticed that when the vehicle has to accelerate through the 80kph range, it appears to struggle.....almost like the "shudder" one gets if a motor is not receiving its fuel.

Have spoken to one other new owner who said that he also had the same problem. He said he was told it was a computer problem and that Mitsubishi was working on it.

At my last (the first) service, they "carried out a small injection reprogramme for surge"!!! Did no good.

Anyone else had this experience?

Thanks

ABD

Hey all

Regarding this problem there has been a hotline fix released on the 25 june 2010

Hotline fix MN13-001

Subject: Surge at 1750 to 2000rpm with LOT (Little Open Throttle) on Triton 4AT with 4D56 engine.

Possible cause: Due to low pre-ignition fuel quantity and combined with high EGR quantity at cold engine temperature, improper combustion occurs at main injection.

Field fix/Action: On customer complaint basis only
Reprogram the engine ECU with the improved level ROM data and confirm the result.

This is only applicable to the 10 KB4T 4AT only

Hope this is what you were hoping for.

Found this in another thread- copied to the hotline fixes post to keep it all together.
Cheers
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby subi_man on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:17 pm

I have already copied it into the first post too 8-)
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby MitsiGuy on Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:04 pm

subi_man wrote:Listed here are the details of known Hotline fixes, technical service bulletins or recalls relating to the Triton. More will be added if or when they are released.

1. Hotline Fix No. ML 34-001 "Squeaking noise from rear leaf spring"

2. Hotline Fix No. ML 13-001 "ECU reflash" (for injector noise)

3. Hotline Fix No. ML 13-002 Suction control valve sticking affecting fuel pressure

4. Hotline Fix No. ML37-003 Reduction in power assist with rapid steering oscillation at 1800rpm

5. Hotline Fix No. ML42-003 Premature gas strut failure of the hard tonneau cover

6. Hotline Fix No. ML11-001 - "Excessive clearance between piston pin hole & piston pin" NB: petrol engine

7. Hotline Fix no. ML15-004 (for MN models): Involves part number MS660158. The problem fixed relates to a vacuum hose fitted to the bottom of the turbo. The problem is that the hose can fall off the small tube on the bottom of the turbo, making the vehicle low on power

8. Hotline fix MN13-001 for MN models - Surge at 1750 to 2000rpm with LOT (Little Open Throttle) on Triton 4AT with 4D56 engine.

Other issues possibly subject to a Hotline Fix
1. Steering column rattle (entire steering column could be replaced on an affected vehicle)

Recall notice issued for some ML Tritons "Replace the rear axle U-Bolts"
Click here for details and VIN range

The Steering column Hotling fix
Group: 37 Steering Original Date: 27th July 2007 No. ML37-002
Model: ML Triton Subject: Abnormal noise (knocking) occurs in steering column area.
(1) Subject:
An abnormal noise (knocking) occurs in steering column area on rough surface or when turning left to right or
right to left.
(2) Possible Cause:
Several areas on the steering column area were identified that can result in abnormal knocking noise.
Note: The knocking noise does not affect the safe operation of the vehicle.
(3) First improvement:
Many areas were progressively improved.
Effective date: 5th March 2007.
Effective VIN: MMBJNKB407D101577
Second improvement:
New component supplier (SF) was effective from November 2008
Multiple improvements were progressively implemented by the new supplier.
Final improved parts have a date code of 160509 SF (or later).
(4) Field Fix/Action:
On customer complaint replace the steering column.
(5) Parts and Warranty Information
Standard terms and conditions apply
Part Name Part No PNC Quantity
Column Assembly Steering MN125456 45127A 1
Description Position Code Work Code Operation Time
Steering shaft assembly replacement.
MitsiGuy

Postby subi_man on Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:21 pm

Thanks MistuGuy 8-)
Andrew

subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby slimv6 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:08 pm

Hey Mitsiguy!

Is there a VIN range for the steering column issue?

s
I'm not as thunk as you drink I am. ;)
slimv6

Postby MitsiGuy on Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:14 pm

slimv6 wrote:Hey Mitsiguy!

Is there a VIN range for the steering column issue?

s

Not to my knowledge. It was when they first brought out the hotline fix but it has now been revised so there must have been more than they first thought or the newer columns were just as bad. What i put in the last post was just a copy and paste from the new hotline fix.

If its making a noise I would take it to get it looked at for sure
MitsiGuy

Postby Buzzy on Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:46 pm

Thx very much for contributing to the site MitsiGuy, great knowlage you have makes out lives alot easier 8-)
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby smouch1975 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:02 pm

I pick up the new Triton next week, and I've been thinking about these hotfixes for a while.

It seems that, the car will either have to have a problem, or I will have to exaggerate a problem to get a fix applied.

My question is , are the hot-fixes conducted on a vehicle recorded anywhere, either in the service book, or on a Mitsi database?
Should I ask for the following to be done prior to acceptance?

Hotline Fix no. ML15-004 (for MN models): Involves part number MS660158. The problem fixed relates to a vacuum hose fitted to the bottom of the turbo. The problem is that the hose can fall off the small tube on the bottom of the turbo, making the vehicle low on power

Hotline fix MN13-001 for MN models - Surge at 1750 to 2000rpm with LOT (Little Open Throttle) on Triton 4AT with 4D56 engine.

What are peoples thoughts??? :?
Mark

Dirty woman, Clean truck :-)

View My Build Thread Here
smouch1975

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:20 pm

I think you'll find that the turbo vacuum hose having been identified as an issue won't be a problem on yours. I suspect they'll have a small clip on the hose from now on.

Cowboy Dave

Postby smouch1975 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:25 pm

Yeah, true Dave, any idea about the recording of Hot-Fixes to each unique vehicle??
Mark

smouch1975

Postby fridgie on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:42 pm

Pretty sure they do, had the 'fix' (and I use the term loosely :evil: ) for the rear leafs done at Wynnum and Morayfield wouldnt touch em because it had already been done when they looked on the computer.
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby smouch1975 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:39 pm

Thanks Fridgie :D
Mark

smouch1975

Postby burnah on Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:35 pm

Hassled my stealer about the surging hotfix today.
The lady in their service department who answered my call told me they didn't have it.
I told her I had read on newtriton.net that it was definately available and that she should call MM and have it transmitted to her immediately.
She said there was nothing she could do except take my name and number and call me if/when they received it from MM.
I again protested and she said I should call MM over east and tell them about it.
I told her that when I did that on her colleague's advice a month ago, MM advised that there was nothing they could do and that I should keep hassling my stealer.
I told her to get her manager to call me back and verify her advice.
So... the manager calls me five minutes later.
I tell him the same story I told her.
He says, "hang on, I'll just check that we've got the software".
...5 second pause...
"Yep, no worries mate, we can do that. Bring it in on wednesday morning. It'll take about an hour."
Nice
LONG LIVE NEWTRITON.NET
burnah
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mjwilmo on Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:49 pm

smouch1975 wrote:I pick up the new Triton next week, and I've been thinking about these hotfixes for a while.

It seems that, the car will either have to have a problem, or I will have to exaggerate a problem to get a fix applied.

My question is , are the hot-fixes conducted on a vehicle recorded anywhere, either in the service book, or on a Mitsi database?
Should I ask for the following to be done prior to acceptance?

Hotline Fix no. ML15-004 (for MN models): Involves part number MS660158. The problem fixed relates to a vacuum hose fitted to the bottom of the turbo. The problem is that the hose can fall off the small tube on the bottom of the turbo, making the vehicle low on power

Hotline fix MN13-001 for MN models - Surge at 1750 to 2000rpm with LOT (Little Open Throttle) on Triton 4AT with 4D56 engine.

What are peoples thoughts??? :?

My related question is.. do they apply hotline fixes to new cars before selling (ie if they identified the problem on ones sold earlier), or do they only do it if/when the problem occurs? Like Smouch, i will be picking up my new MN Auto in a couple of weeks, and am wondering if these 'fixes' will need to be done after delivery during a service or would they have been done pre-delivery... any thought?
mjwilmo

Postby burnah on Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:36 pm

MM definately keep a record of fixes applied to your rego (vehicle).
burnah
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to Warranty/Recalls