replacement inlet manifold

What were your warranty claims and recall information

replacement inlet manifold

Postby rick on Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:44 pm

right,after reading all the dramas you guys have been having with your carboned up manifolds i rang the stealer and calmly realed off your symptoms,oh he said havent you had your manifiold replaced yet? that will be the problem ill book you in for next wed morning,great i said and what does that intail,he says replace the manifold new maff sensor and a re-flash. he says replacing the maff sensor and reflash guarantees it wont happen again. :?: so we will see if they do it on wed,if they do you guys can get yours done as well. mine has been ok but i noticede a power loss recently and dont want to go limp in the dunes somewhere.
i think im a lesbian trapped in a mans body!!!
rick

Re: replacement inlet manifold

Postby Racer on Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:06 pm

So what you are saying is Rick, you told the dealer as if you are having those problems in order for it to be repaired under warranty before it dies on you?

Sounds like an interesting idea.....mine felt a little boggy there for a bit the other day but it seemed ok soon after...I only have 6200ks on it..
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

Postby rick on Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:35 pm

spot on racer,i dont want to break down in the sticks so to speak,anyway he offered to do all the work i never even asked for a sausage :D
rick

Postby rick on Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:39 pm

dam just remembered better take the t.d.c off :twisted:
rick

Postby Racer on Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:21 pm

How many K's are on your truck Rick?
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

Postby rick on Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:02 pm

26700 mate
rick

Postby smeghead on Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:16 pm

I had my car at the stealers today to get the u-bolts replaced and I talked to the guy there about the manifold problems. He told me that the problem only affects early models ie. 06 and early 07 models. He said that new manifolds with the newly located sensor were already on late 07 models and later...

I had the feeling that that is a load of crap but I wasn't entirely sure... can anyone here confirm or debunk this??

While I was there they replaced the suction control valve and the truck is running heeeeaaaaaaps better... like new!

I have a late 07 model so I am wondering if I am going to be lucky enough to avoid the carbon problem... :?
Sean

'07 | GLX-R | 3.2 DiD | Manual | Gunmetal Grey

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
smeghead

Postby Homer on Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:40 pm

Have a look at the pics subi posted of the two. You should be able to check if your sensor position is in the same place as the new one.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Blue on Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:47 pm

smeghead wrote:I had my car at the stealers today to get the u-bolts replaced and I talked to the guy there about the manifold problems. He told me that the problem only affects early models ie. 06 and early 07 models. He said that new manifolds with the newly located sensor were already on late 07 models and later...

I had the feeling that that is a load of crap but I wasn't entirely sure... can anyone here confirm or debunk this??

While I was there they replaced the suction control valve and the truck is running heeeeaaaaaaps better... like new!

I have a late 07 model so I am wondering if I am going to be lucky enough to avoid the carbon problem... :?

Build date on mine is March '08 and it's got the crap manifold...
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby smeghead on Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:52 pm

Thanks Blue.... I think patto's, who got stuck on Fraser Island, is an 08 too

What a shock... bullsh!t from a stealer.... :evil: :evil:
Sean

'07 | GLX-R | 3.2 DiD | Manual | Gunmetal Grey

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
smeghead

Postby patto on Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:22 pm

Yeh mate mine is also a march 08 build - my new manifols arrive next tuesday and should be replaced on wed. Before my un expected shut down i was also seeming to lack abit of power. just lodged that edge.

Tell you though the V6 im giving hell to at the moment has some pretty responsive throttle response, she has some toe from stand still, at first its consumtion is a shock but thats after getting out of the deisel then compare it to the effie and its actually quite good.
I HATE THE GREENS!!!!!
patto

Postby mad992 on Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:51 am

patto ,dont tell homer that will ya ,we wont hear the end of it blah blah blah throttle response :lol:
mad992

Postby Homer on Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:34 am

:lol:
8-)
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby subi_man on Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:40 am

patto wrote:Tell you though the V6 im giving hell to at the moment has some pretty responsive throttle response, she has some toe from stand still, at first its consumtion is a shock but thats after getting out of the deisel then compare it to the effie and its actually quite good... but I'll NEVER turn

Fixed up your sentence patto, you'd left a bit off mate :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby MR T on Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:36 am

:lol: :lol:
a smile is a sign of joy, a hug is a sign of love, a laugh is a sign of happiness and a friend like me...well...that's a sign of good taste.
MR T

Postby Jitsukablue on Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:57 pm

What's interesting is what the Stealer said makes sense. A faulty MAF sensor would cause over fueling (or under fueling) and the carbon issues we're seeing. So the carbon problems may have nothing to do with the inlet manifold. Ours is an '07 and; touch wood, hasn't had a problem.
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby Storm Trooper on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:48 am

subi_man wrote:
patto wrote:Tell you though the V6 im giving hell to at the moment has some pretty responsive throttle response, she has some toe from stand still, at first its consumtion is a shock but thats after getting out of the deisel then compare it to the effie and its actually quite good... but I'll NEVER turn

Fixed up your sentence patto, you'd left a bit off mate :twisted: :lol: :lol:

GO THE V6 ...... :twisted: wahahhahahaa
i vote for a html version of the Gasa strip in between the 2 sites. then the goons who wanna get all parochial about their trucks can chuck rocks and shit at each other. by cyberhonky on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:37 am
Storm Trooper

Postby brenze87 on Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:59 pm

i'm thinking of ringing the stealer tomorrow. just want to check a few things that need to be replaced/looked at.
1. replace the faulty inlet manifold
2. reflash the computer
3. replace the maf sensor
4. replace the suction control valve

if there is anything else i need to hastle them about please let me know.
brenze87

Postby patto on Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:23 pm

I would def hit up your service guy hey. It sucks when the things plays up on a trip like mine did. Before i left the car was sweet fuel consumtion a little high but thats all.
I HATE THE GREENS!!!!!
patto

Postby rick on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:05 pm

well its going in in the morning so we will see what happens.........i worrying note though,i removed my t.d.c unit before it goes in ;) and took it round the block just to see the difference and gues what......it was exactly the same :shock: .....the t.d.c wasnt making any difference,maybe the carbon has slowly eaten away the t.d.c s extra power or its packed up :?: :?: :?: i will reconect it when i get it back.
rick

Postby Racer on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:06 am

Have we confirmed that the problem does not effect 09 models?

Mine is a built 11/08 Compliance 01/09...
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

Postby trouble on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:24 am

Racer wrote:Have we confirmed that the problem does not effect 09 models?

Mine is a built 11/08 Compliance 01/09...

mmm mine is an 08/08 build and 09 compliance, do I need to get this checked as I have a big trip coming soon?
I Love The Mods!
Ban everyone!
trouble

Postby subi_man on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:45 am

Racer & Trouble - I guess you should look at the left-hand side of your engine. On my Triton the pressure sensor on the firewall (circled in yellow) used to be connected to the blanked off nipple down near the fuel rail (circled in red) but now connects to the redesigned piece of inlet (circled in green).

Hope that helps you?

<Click to enlarge>
Click to view larger picture
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby Racer on Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:28 pm

Thats why I love this site Andrew, mine is setup just like yours. The old section is an open thread, I can't see right in but I would imagine it is blocked off.

Appreciate your help
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

Postby rick on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:59 pm

well its all done as they said,runs absolutly the same apart from the diesle rattle is all but gone"so far",at least i know i wont break down in the middle of know where with 2 kids ;)
rick

Next

Return to Warranty/Recalls