The many Issues with Power Loss and surging and other things

What were your warranty claims and recall information

The many Issues with Power Loss and surging and other things

Postby Dero on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:41 pm

After taking my GLX-R in on many occasions to fix the Power loss, Cruise control and other funny things.

I had it in again yesterday - this time after actually seeing fault codes on my Scangauge.

Went to pick it up and they informed me that Mitsi had just sent them a new Firmware for the ECU. Mitsi would not elaborate on all of the changes but the guys at the service department believe it was done to fix all these funny problems.

Drove from Sydney to Newcastle and back today and it is a different car.

More power, smoother acceleration and no surging in cruise control.
Extremely quiet. I thought I was driving a V6 on the highway. and not as noisy around town.

Not sure of all the other fixes, will have to wait and see if it has fixed the other problems.

At least the cruise didn't drop of and the power die during the trip.
Dero

Re: The many Issues with Power Loss and surging and other things

Postby Blue on Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:53 am

Give it a week Dero - that's how long it took for mine to go back to it's old ways...
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby rick on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:24 am

Blue wrote:Give it a week Dero - that's how long it took for mine to go back to it's old ways...

sounds like my handbrake blue :roll:
i think im a lesbian trapped in a mans body!!!
rick

Postby Blue on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:37 am

rick wrote:
Blue wrote:Give it a week Dero - that's how long it took for mine to go back to it's old ways...

sounds like my handbrake blue :roll:

My handbrake usually only takes a day to go back to her old ways... :mrgreen:
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NTBB on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:26 am

Blue did the reflash improve your economy at all? just did my first tank after the reflash 420km's 52.62lt (12.5lt/100km's) :evil: :evil: improvement of 0.3lt/100km's the service manager said mits advises to do 1000km before they will look at the next thing in line(scv)to chase the economy problem.
I bought my 4wd out of NEED not want.
NTBB

Postby Blue on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:58 am

NTBB wrote:Blue did the reflash improve your economy at all? just did my first tank after the reflash 420km's 52.62lt (12.5lt/100km's) :evil: :evil: improvement of 0.3lt/100km's the service manager said mits advises to do 1000km before they will look at the next thing in line(scv)to chase the economy problem.

My economy was instantly better, back down to 9's, better by ~1.4L/100km but immediately after the issue started again it was drinking the stuff like water...
:evil:

BTW, I don't know how anyone can feel safe driving one of these little Lancers... :?
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NTBB on Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:59 pm

Well gave the triton a quick spray off to check out my new bush pin striping took it for a drive lo and be hold power loss :evil: :evil: no cruise trip comp showing 0.0 turn off and on all back seems all the reflash achived is the tri is smother and not as noisy economy still sh@t and still powerloss. May MMAL should get MRT to do warranty reflashes :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
NTBB

Postby Blue on Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:05 pm

I'm thinking with all this anecdotal history we'd be just about in a position to engage in some dialogue with slater & gordon - class action time :twisted:
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby sierra on Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:27 pm

NTBB wrote: May MMAL should get MRT to do warranty reflashes :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

How about sending an email to the Mitsubishi head office and suggest they do a deal with MRT to supply an upgrade the dealers can use to sort out the problems and pay MRT a licence fee for each vehicle they use it on. The right fee would save Mitsubishi money and make the customers and MRT happy. Win, win, win.
Give them the contact details so it's easy for them to get in touch.

Hopefully the 2.5 doesn't suffer from the same problems?
:roll: :)
sierra

Postby NTBB on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:19 pm

I think it was mention by CCM that they wern't as heavily burdened by emmission control i wonder if MRT can get results and still pass AUS standards but MMAL is still trying to achive improvment using uro standards?
any way might be easier convincing the finacal controler that replacing a substandard ecu program with a professionally designed and functioning program is a good idea;)
NTBB

Postby Dero on Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:21 pm

Has anyone had the same issues and have NOT fitted the EGR blanking plate.

One of the questions the Stealer ask me. I had removed mine prior to check if it could be the problem.
Dero

Postby Blue on Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:34 pm

Dero wrote:Has anyone had the same issues and have NOT fitted the EGR blanking plate.

One of the questions the Stealer ask me. I had removed mine prior to check if it could be the problem.

Mine started before the plate and has continued with the plate...
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby boris on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:46 am

mine started before the plate also, but since having the new ecu programme, a new map sensor and then finally suction control valve i decided to take out egr plate and couple weeks on all is good. My theory is the egr plate isnt fully responsible for the power loss, but it was a contributing factor.
boris

Postby Dylan 191 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:15 pm

We need to start a poll i reckon ....Has your diesel had any problems after the egr plate
Marge bring me your address book ,4 beers and my conversation hat !!
Dylan 191

Postby 4wd26 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:50 pm

put the ERG plate in started to have problems.
Took it out and got a manifold- and map sensor replacement to stop the fault codes.

waited a few weeks all good, slipped the plate back in without the wife knowing.

I now get intermintent loss of power (not full loss but to turbo is not boosting fully) cruise control would not engage and the engine light came on last night.

Egg on face when I explained to the wife what I had done.... Procrastinating here on the computer with the bonnet up and the tools on the bench in order to take the plate once and for all.

Like said in an above post- probably not the cause, but it does something that the ECU dosn't like.

And I don't like the sound of the wife saying I told you so - or your an idiot. :oops:
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby patto on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:44 pm

Gebtsw i have been quite on hear of late - but my truck is still seeing its fair share of problems. as mentioned in all my other posts. i was fortunate enough on friday to get a power loss so close to Sydney city mitsubishi so i droove it to them and left the car running for them to look at. They plugged it all in and they came away with nothing.,

Fuel pressure was upto to 40psi (usually sits arounf 33 apparently) but it was not overfuelling and no smoke. Turbo was only boosting to 9psi all system was checked and all is operational. They had the car for over 2 hours whilst they were on the phone to the techs and all are stumped as to why it is happening.

My truck will be going into them and they will be pulling down the manifolds and doing a front to back electrical test on it. They cant get thier heads around how it does not show fault codes and also the self fix when you shut the motor off and turn it on again.

I have had this problem before and after blanking the EGR (the mechs at Mitsubishi are supportive of having the egr blanked) and that should be no cause for the power loss as my car was doing it before and after the plate.

I will let you know how i go... bear in mind with all my problems my truck has been off the road to many times and a massive cost to me. Do you thinks its to much to ask for mitsubishi to compensate me with a factory gunmetal grey canopy???? thats all i want for my trouble.

And the new re-flash def has improved my car its much smoother and power delivery right through the rev range... Fuel has dropped to 9.5 freeway running and 11.8 - 12.0 around time.. im happy with that.
I HATE THE GREENS!!!!!
patto

Postby 4wd26 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:48 pm

Fingers cut and bleeding the deed is done.
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby Dero on Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:23 pm

Well I have done 3 trips to Newcastle using cruise control all the way - no problems yet.

Average fuel consumption on two tanks of standard diesel. 8.83 L/100Kl.

I am happy so far. Doing some checking on the effects of blanking the EGR - nothing so far. I think it does have some effect. Will keep trying.

At least I can almost say " Love that car ".
Dero

Postby Dero on Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:24 pm

Well I have done 3 trips to Newcastle using cruise control all the way - no problems yet.

Average fuel consumption on two tanks of standard diesel. 8.83 L/100Kl.

I am happy so far. Doing some checking on the effects of blanking the EGR - nothing so far. I think it does have some effect. Will keep trying.

At least I can almost say " Love that car ".
Dero

Postby mad992 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:56 am

Dylan 191 wrote:We need to start a poll i reckon ....Has your diesel had any problems after the egr plate

ok lets start the poll:
2008 glx-r
3.2 did
14000klms

i had no problems what so ever to begin with but the thought of all that soot pissed me so i.......blanked egr...thats when problems began.....twice had limpy dick mode so off to go to dealer to get engine check light removed within 1000klms :x pita.....took out plate 300klms no light so far bring on happy days 8-)
mad992

Postby grox on Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:50 am

2008 vr (latest manifold)
3.2did auto
23000 k's

Car started surging / no power at 12000ks new manifold +scv +reflash fixed it until about 17000k,s . Another reflash + scv ( they seriously have probs with the scv ) installed backing plate + waste gate adj car has run like a dream no check lights but has started to get a bit lame again . viz I was fully impressed with engine performance after adjustments/reflash at 17000 but after a 600k or so drive last weekend its getting back its old habbits. Another factor is that I have always used morleys diesel conditioner ( contains cetane booster ) after installing plate / doing wastegate . If I dont put it in you can notice it in terms of engine just not sounding like its fully smooth through the full rpm range . Hard to explain but its like having 3 flat spots between 600 and 3000 rpm. The situation shits me as I was dam impressed as everything seemed to click after the mods/fixs done at 17000.
grox

Postby sierra on Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:54 am

2009 GLX 2.5 CRD manual.
Plate fitted at 3000km
2T at 7000km
Currently 7500km no problems so far.
Oil consumption zero.
90% city driving - average from new 8.36L/100km[BP Ultimate]
sierra

Postby patto on Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:02 am

JUNE 2008 GLXR
3.2 DID - Auto
58,000kms
POS from the start. nothing but problems.
I HATE THE GREENS!!!!!
patto

Postby Install on Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:49 pm

2007 XLS
3.2 DID Auto (Mitsi NZ 420 NM Reflash)
50000 Km, Engine bullet proof since day one - no issues at all :)

BUT
......... ute has destroyed 2x Auto transmissions completely ! :o :evil:
If you're in control, you ain't going fast enuff!
Install

Postby Racer on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:27 pm

Jan 2009 GLX-R
3.2 DID 5spd Man
21000kms

I have notice over the last couple of weeks, sometimes starting in the morning or idling at traffic lights it idles rought. I give it a little throttle..sits at 1000rpm and the whole cab shakes to buggery. Give it a few more revs and its all good...drive it and its fine....very intermittent..I mentioned it to the mechanic and he said it may be the computer forcing the injectors to re learn or something along those lines. I have asked for this reflash.
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

Next

Return to Warranty/Recalls