Ute - out of action

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Ute - out of action

Postby Dirty_Ute on Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:39 am

My ute went into Mitsubishi to check the gearbox out as the whining was getting loader than the radio.

This was 2 Weeks ago, they pulled it apart and they said the need a heap of parts. I asked if they were going to replace the box, they said this would happen if parts were unavaible. This happened in week one. Spoke to them agian last week and they said the parts were unavailable but mitusbishi still want fix old box and won't send new box.

Service have repoted to mitsubishi that ute is off raod so this should make the parts priority. But service recons parts will have to come from factory. He said that he has done all that he can to hurry process along.

In short i want my truck back yesterday, and not happy to wait another 2-3 weeks.

And i'm not happy to gat a loan lancer or something like that, because i go hunting bush every weekend, only thing i'd take is the exact equivelent to my ute and i won't get that.

I didn't hand over nearly forty odd grand to have me ute parked up.

Wondering if you guys have a specfic number or email i can contact at head mitsubishi to make a complaint/demand.
Dirty_Ute

Re: Ute - out of action

Postby Naff on Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:47 am

Did you explain to the dealer that the Lancer isn't going to like going off-road and that they should perhaps consider a more worthy loan car?

If they don't, you might like suggesting that, so that you don't postpone all your planned activities, you will need to hire a 4x4 vehicle and you can hand them the invoice for reimbursement
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Dirty_Ute on Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:58 am

NaffX214 wrote:Did you explain to the dealer that the Lancer isn't going to like going off-road and that they should perhaps consider a more worthy loan car?

I'd take the lancer but i don't know how i would hunt the dogs in it, Don't think they be able jump out windows and i hate when they shit in back of my tray, image on a back seat. ;)
Dirty_Ute

Postby rick on Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:30 pm

well they have 2 choices mate,shitty back seats or loan you what you paid 40k for ;)
i think im a lesbian trapped in a mans body!!!
rick

Postby Dirty_Ute on Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:44 am

Finally the parts have arrived 6 weeks later, gear box is together.

Mechanic out of curriosity checked my Clutch - 39 000km and its just about [censored]. They said to me that it will be alright but he wouldn't put it back in.

I said how the f#*K is it F*#&ed at 39 000km, does it have any hot spots in it. NOPE not hot spots in it but just even ware. They said it could be beacuse of not enough pressure on it, not quite sure.

He said that it has to be sent away for testing, no guarentee of warranty.

I've never done pulling anymore out of bog, like serios pulling, never been bogged seriosly where 4wd hasn't gotten me out. Tow a boat and camper very few months. But i do carry a heaps wait on bush trips 5 times year. Don't know how it could be gone already

They had had my truck for 6 weeks and know they wanna keep it for a few more, i said they better have new clutch in it by friday and ready pick up

Told them if not fixed, they never gonna hear the end of it.
Dirty_Ute

Postby Homer on Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:43 am

:shock: maybe you should turn up ready for the hunt - rifle and salivating dogs.. and ask for a new one.

It surprises me that they get away with this sort of thing.
I am an easy going type, but being in business for many years has taught me that when you f*ck up - you better fix it - and pronto.
So I now expect - demand - the same from everyone else. Missus gets a bit embarrassed but she doesn't cop the crap and expenses I do with fixing customer complaints - especially when in my line of work 99% are customer caused.

Never, ever cop their stalling and shit. You are entitled to monetary compensation based on the time off road - car repayments for 6 weeks plus any out of pocket expenses after the initial 1-2 weeks because they dicked around and didn't replace your box in a timely manner. Their choice to fix it rather than replace it, so their responsibility to remunerate.

You just have to be polite but firm
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby slimv6 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:53 pm

haha, or just squeeze off a round through the lancer's door and be quiet about it. when they ask, just say, um, dunno. :roll:

They replaced my gearbox at 98000km! under warranty. :ugeek: (but I used the mrs to get the fear of scorn into them...)
I'm not as thunk as you drink I am. ;)
slimv6

Postby Stu on Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:24 pm

slimv6 wrote:haha, or just squeeze off a round through the lancer's door and be quiet about it. when they ask, just say, it's a characteristic of the car
If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of food
Stu

Postby Dylan 191 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:44 pm

^^ :lol: :twisted: :lol:
Marge bring me your address book ,4 beers and my conversation hat !!
Dylan 191

Postby Steve-o on Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:51 am

Stu wrote:
slimv6 wrote:haha, or just squeeze off a round through the lancer's door and be quiet about it. when they ask, just say, it's a characteristic of the car

lol, i got that reponse when I brought up the tailshaft wobble with the stealer
Steve-o
Platinum Subscriber

Postby johnnie5 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:17 pm

i had a problem of a while being louder than the radio

i removed girlfriend , problem solved :lol:
johnnie5

Return to Warranty/Recalls