ECU reflash ML13_003 Results thread..

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Re: ECU reflash ML13_003 Results thread..

Postby borngeek on Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:12 pm

totally agree about forking the coin for a MRT job... (to me its a work truck and a LOT of fun / distraction on this forum discussing)
MRT earn the coin is my observation only. (for the obvious data acquiring, analysis hours, testing, risk etc)

The lameness of where it cuts in and causes the problem makes it sound like a simple fuel supply issue to me! but WTF causes it is another matter... whether its electrical/voltage OR just plain simple bad programming?

i think the NOVICE (like US and ME!) should be VERY careful with ECU software.. Its a license to kill... (kill the engine forever that is) and i like my 10year 160,000Km drive train warrantee!! (it was a major selling point for me!)

My father is into this stuff (developing the radio modems that beam back car ECU and sensor info to the pits as seen in byond2000 in the early 90's and on bathurst... now used by all form of motorsport worldwide) and he telling me to be damn carefull! They blow lots of engines but could afford it.......

food for thought!

PS> have PI system (8 channel data acquisition) stuff for this kind of testing but DEF dont have the time to get invoilved at this point in my life... PM me if u wanna use it! Was originally used for karting and has all those sensors and dash for that pursuit, so will have to spend some $$ to make it useful for this app. Motek etc have become popular copies of this system and PI are the kings.. ie. F1 staple... flame me down baby! hahahha)
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby santaclews on Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:48 am

Had the reflash done last week 16/12/09, fuel economy worse, now has a flat spot on accelaration, my wife is the main driver and she has gone from loving her truck to now being worried that it will die on her again at a roundabout. Rear spring noise was supposed to be fixed but all they did was spray lube on them so now the springs and the bushes are noisy. got the dealer to come and listen to it and all he said was 'Gee that would be anoying" I dont know why we persist in taking our trucks to incompetant stealers.
They said they would order parts for the noisy springs that were suposed to be fitted at the service and after a week said we dont where they are. They really have no idea. I think a name and shame thread should be started. One that heaps praise on the good dealers, if there are any ! and one that will serve as a warning to others not to take their pride and joy any where near the bad ones .
A Not Happy Santa
santaclews

Postby llt on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:17 am

Is the definition and rom available for 2006 v6 6g74 triton? Can someone kindly share?
llt

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:27 am

The V6 ECU is quite different to that on the diesels. See the thread I referred you to, from your other post.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby L200Shogun on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:05 pm

llt wrote:Is the definition and rom available for 2006 v6 6g74 triton? Can someone kindly share?

RPW in Perth custom remap Petrol Triton's. If they do it I bet other workshops can too. Also piggyback ECU is an option.
http://www.rpw.com.au/index.php?option= ... Itemid=555

These guys must be remapping too
http://www.bulletcars.com/superchargers ... ystem.html
http://www.bulletcars.com/parts/engine-management.html

Again many tune XEDE piggybacks.
L200Shogun

Previous

Return to Warranty/Recalls