RADIO NOT SITTING CORRECTLY

What were your warranty claims and recall information

RADIO NOT SITTING CORRECTLY

Postby terryp077 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:49 pm

When I picked up my new ML Triton GLX-R my wife in the passenger seat noticed the radio was not sitting right in the front panel. Yu can see part of the mounting bracket along the left hand edge of the radio.
The local dealer was asked to llok at it when I had the car in to get a wheel alignment done and has told me they tried to remount the radio but no success they could not resolve the issue.
Now anyone sitting in the passenger seat comments that the radio is falling out of it's cradle.
Has anyone else had issues with their radio mount?
Has anyone had any issues with Mitsubishi Windsor in Brisbane?
terryp077

Re: RADIO NOT SITTING CORRECTLY

Postby tryhard on Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:56 am

terryp077 wrote:Has anyone had any issues with Mitsubishi Windsor in Brisbane?

No, luckily, from the sounds of it.

Mate call their service manager and tell them you've got the vehicle home, looked at your $45K investment in a new car, and thought to yourself "why should I have to accept poor service and product quality ? - have I ever heard of a Hilux or Triton for that matter with a stereo not fitted properly" and offer him the opportunity to organise an immediate fix or replacement.

You shouldn't accept such god-awful service. Of course they can fix it, and if they can't, they should pass it on to Mitsubishi or a stealer with a service dept who knows what they are doing. If you don't get immediate satisfaction, get the name of the dealer principal and send them a fax to the main number explaining the sub-standard product and service, advising you intend to pass it on to Fair Trading and seek their opinion if a $40K+ new vehicle with poorly-fitted components is "fit for the purpose intended".
---

MY10 MN GLX-R 2.5 DiD Auto gunmetal grey
tryhard

Postby canojeckyl on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:29 pm

Having trouble with my radio not holding into the compartment. Have to keep pushing it back in when off road, etc.
What was the outcome of your radio hassles???
Andrew
Once the camper is set up, anywhere in the great out doors feels like home.
canojeckyl

Postby Buzzy on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:32 pm

Is it just the radio sliping out or the radio and the steel cage that the radio sits in?
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby fridgie on Thu May 20, 2010 5:57 pm

Have noticed that my head unit has started to slide out ever so slightly on the drivers side, the bracket is still in place and a push on the head unit gets it back into position but it still drives me nuts when I see it :evil:

Seeing as it will hopefully be replaced in the not too distant future I'm not overly concerned but if anyone knows a quick fix would be appreciated
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby Joe on Thu May 20, 2010 6:04 pm

fridgie wrote:Have noticed that my head unit has started to slide out ever so slightly on the drivers side, the bracket is still in place and a push on the head unit gets it back into position but it still drives me nuts when I see it :evil:

Seeing as it will hopefully be replaced in the not too distant future I'm not overly concerned but if anyone knows a quick fix would be appreciated

Fold a bit of paper and shove it in there mate.............or super glue it in............that'll work pretty quick :lol:
Dad
----
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Joe

Postby fridgie on Thu May 20, 2010 6:46 pm

I thought the paper fix was for mice in the steering wheel?? is paper the new wd40?? might have to rethink the triton and fire pic.....missus is at work again tonight ;)
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby reeldreamer on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:09 pm

Had the same issue so i just put a new head unit in!

Mitch
Bash plates and other cool gear from Prestige Offroad Accessories

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=80
reeldreamer

Return to Warranty/Recalls