What is a hotline fix?

What were your warranty claims and recall information

What is a hotline fix?

Postby morexbs on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:42 pm

I am new to this forum and as the title suggests I am a bit puzzled as to what these are.
Are they like a recall or does a problem have to occur first before they fix it?
I bought my ML second hand in January this year and the struts on the hard lid were completely collapsed.I asked 2 Mitsubishi dealers if they were covered by warranty and was told they weren't.Now I read on here (after getting them re-gassed myself) that there is a hotline fix for exactly that problem.
Is it fair to say that a hotline fix is a case of "if you don't ask,you don't get"?
morexbs

Re: What is a hotline fix?

Postby donks1 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:58 pm

There is a hotline fix for the struts, but there is a disclamer at the bottom of the Fix

Quote "Disclaimer: The fact that a Hotline Fix has been issued does not express or imply that Mitsubishi Motors will apply or has any obligations to apply
any product improvement or field fix to a vehicle that is out of warranty."

If the car is out of warranty you will not get it done for free, and if you bought it 2nd hand this reduces you're bargaining.

Steve
donks1

Postby morexbs on Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:10 pm

At the time I asked about it the truck was 2 years old and I thought they may have been covered.
morexbs

Postby MitsiGuy on Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:54 pm

morexbs wrote:I am new to this forum and as the title suggests I am a bit puzzled as to what these are.
Are they like a recall or does a problem have to occur first before they fix it?
I bought my ML second hand in January this year and the struts on the hard lid were completely collapsed.I asked 2 Mitsubishi dealers if they were covered by warranty and was told they weren't.Now I read on here (after getting them re-gassed myself) that there is a hotline fix for exactly that problem.
Is it fair to say that a hotline fix is a case of "if you don't ask,you don't get"?

A hotline fix is not a recall. If there is a common problem that a heap of people are experiencing. Mitsi will then make a fix with a modified part or service procedure which then results in a hotline fix. The customer is not aware of hotline fixes. It is to enable dealers of a quicker way to fix a fault.

The recalls only come out when it is a safety concern and that is where the customer is notified of the issue

At the time you took your vehicle in for the gas strut the dealer may not have known about the hotline fix. But at the same time if the vehicle was in warranty it should have been done free.

Half the time when a recall gets made present the dealer is usually the last one to know.

Also a hotline fix will be carried out free of charge providing the vehicle is under warranty. If the vehicle is out of warranty it won't.

A recall on the other hand will be carried out free of charge whether the vehicle is in warranty or not.

hope this helps a bit
MitsiGuy

Postby Moogun on Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:34 pm

I have seen Mitsubishi Hotline fix ML37-002 in relation to the steering column and the "gluing" of the column. Do such recalls still apply? I brought ml triton and it has classic steering feedback characteristics.
Moogun

What is a hotline fix?

Postby GLRkenny on Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:43 am

Moogun wrote:I have seen Mitsubishi Hotline fix ML37-002 in relation to the steering column and the "gluing" of the column. Do such recalls still apply? I brought ml triton and it has classic steering feedback characteristics.

Unfortunatley that is a hotline fix not a recall, if the car is out of warranty then the repair is at your expense, just last week I performed this repair on my wife's mn. It's really not hard to do.
GLRkenny

Return to Warranty/Recalls