Buzzys Truck Problems

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Re: Buzzys Truck Problems

Postby Steane on Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:31 pm

Yeah, same for me Blue, no limp modes and I pick up 1lt/100km (from 10 down to 9). So if it stops limp modes in your truck, and mine and others, doesn't it make some sense that the continual power loss problem is a manifold pressure issue, most likely carbon related?

Now if the Mitsubishi techs don't believe their own engines run without the throttle body plugged in, and they are the source of advice for fixing these issues, then the fix is going to be a long time coming...isn't it...thats just me like putting two and two together :? :?

I'd be pulling the throttle body plug on Buzzy's truck just for shits and giggles...see what happens. :roll:
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Blue on Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:36 pm

Steane wrote:Yeah, same for me Blue, no limp modes and I pick up 1lt/100km (from 10 down to 9). So if it stops limp modes in your truck, and mine and others, doesn't it make some sense that the continual power loss problem is a manifold pressure issue, most likely carbon related?

Now if the Mitsubishi techs don't believe their own engines run without the throttle body plugged in, and they are the source of advice for fixing these issues, then the fix is going to be a long time coming...isn't it...thats just me like putting two and two together :? :?

I'd be pulling the throttle body plug on Buzzy's truck just for shits and giggles...see what happens. :roll:

No point, Steane, the truck won't run like that... :P
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Steane on Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:42 pm

Blue wrote:No point, Steane, the truck won't run like that... :P

Oh yeah, I forgot... :oops:
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby chaser on Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:58 pm

so guys but this has nothing to do with carbon build up or anything of the sort. IT HAS TOO MUCH FUEL PRESURE not to much carbon. nothing to do with the throttle body, egr, map sensor or anything else like that...
No longer a Mitsubishi technician, just a plain old boring mechanic with Mitsubishi training...

2005 Toyota Prado gxl, Lifted, Bar, Lights, Tyres etc etc...

Triton still on the waiting list.....
chaser

Postby gregned on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:05 pm

Is it possible to recalibrate or re-zero the pressure transducer. Perhaps the values are drifting after a period of time, had both happen in my field of employment anyway just a thought as piezo crystals sometimes play up in the sensors
Hills maketh the man
Why do you have to ride today? Because getting fat never takes holidays
gregned

Postby RHKTriton on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:21 pm

So too much fuel pressure.

I would be looking for what is driving the pressure pump harder than normal (assuming pressure sensor OK).

What conditions cause the ECU to request more fuel?

Possibilities? ECU "thinks" there is more airflow / pressure than actually exists, or air temp
compensation wrong?

High resistance on a connector termination - etc.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Dylan 191 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:37 pm

Sounds like your taking a stab in the dark chaser :? Hope , maybe , i dunno ,they dont sound like the words Buzzy wants to hear
Marge bring me your address book ,4 beers and my conversation hat !!
Dylan 191

Postby Homer on Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:46 am

chaser wrote:so guys but this has nothing to do with carbon build up or anything of the sort. IT HAS TOO MUCH FUEL PRESURE not to much carbon. nothing to do with the throttle body, egr, map sensor or anything else like that...

I think everyone hears you on that mate....but is it a computer/transducer/sensor telling you that or a pressure gauge?
We don't trust anything any of those first three tell us when we fault find at work (although the site techs do - then call us) :roll: - they are usually the problem to begin with and are only good for plant/engine monitoring when everything is working properly - we only ever rely on old school gauges and thermo couples etc when things are not operating correctly.

Half the time the sensor is in the wrong (or not ideal) spot anyway....eg upstream or downstream from the issue.

For example I believe Mits fixed the carbon related surging issue by doing nothing but moving the sensor position :idea: Move the sensor - computer says no more carbon - fixed!!!

So now we all know that diesel engines don't make carbon ;) at least in Mits common rail 3.2's :roll:

If unplugging the throttle body actually fixes the issue....shouldn't that be one of the first things you guys look at today?

Then when it works.....you can figure out why?
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Steane on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:52 am

Homer wrote:If unplugging the throttle body actually fixes the issue....shouldn't that be one of the first things you guys look at today?

Then when it works.....you can figure out why?

It will take 2 seconds Chaser and you don't even need to tell the boss, or justify the time being allocated to Buzzy's car. You could almost accidentally knock it off when you walk past... ;)

It will trigger a code and the engine light when you fire it up, but I'm tipping it will then run without losing power. If it still loses power then you can jump back on here and call me a 'fncking keyboard mechanic dipsh!t'... :D I'm cool with being called names...happened a lot back in my school days and I'm now socially awkward as a result, but that's another story for another day... :cry:
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NTBB on Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:30 am

Yeah my truck can't run with the throttle body unpluged as well :roll: ...or the egr valve ;) and also fuel rail :oops:
Can someone post some links for Chasser re throttle body,egr and patto's problems could help :?:
I bought my 4wd out of NEED not want.
NTBB

Postby Buzzy on Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:51 pm

Guys,
Appreciate all the posts and thoughts and ideas, and thx chaser for being part of the thread also.
I now have a black triton parked under my carport again, not sure if its mine though as I have no limp mode or check engine lights :roll: :P .

Not sure exactly what they did today with it, I think just checking fuel pressures again as they were still to high (chaser?) but I took it for a run thisarvo and clocked up about 30ks with no issues as yet.

Keep you's all posted
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby daryn on Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:55 pm

Everythings crossed for your Buzman :D
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby al coholic on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:24 pm

Fingers crossed buzzy!!! ;) Good luck.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby Buzzy on Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:18 pm

Well boys you must not have crossed enough fingers for me.

LIMP MODE twice going to Newy and back today, which is actualy less than what it was doing. Check engine light was on.
However somehow its cleared itself and now I have no light :?
Any more ideas :?: :cry:

Chaser, expect to see it AGAIN on monday :evil:

Wonder how long this is going to go on for. I can see some big blow-ups on the horizon.
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby borngeek on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:01 pm

damn buzzy thats f#!ked :x

i believe the code will stay in memory for a period of time so get it in there first thing!

i hope it doesnt go on for too much longer it would def test my patience....
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby scubapro on Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:57 am

Buzzy I got mine back on friday. They tell me it was a faulty computer after replacing everything else. So far no problems, it feels smoother, quieter & idles better. Although it apears not to go quite as hard as before.

Time will tell, I hope you get yours fixed properly soon.
scubapro

Postby Buzzy on Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:15 pm

Went for another drive today and couldnt get it to throw another code. Stuffed if I know whats going on :?
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby Naff on Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:38 pm

You got a girl model. Tempremental.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Buzzy on Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:23 pm

NaffX214 wrote:You got a girl model. Tempremental.

mmmmmmm that would explain alot!

Im sure it wont make Mitsu job any easier in diagnosing the problem
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby chaser on Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:33 pm

dont bring it back to me other wise im gunna burn it :lol:

ill see you tomorrow then mate :cry:
No longer a Mitsubishi technician, just a plain old boring mechanic with Mitsubishi training...

2005 Toyota Prado gxl, Lifted, Bar, Lights, Tyres etc etc...

Triton still on the waiting list.....
chaser

Postby Wallace on Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:49 pm

Buzzy.
Have been watching this thread with some interest. It would appear to me that all the efforts that Chaser has put in so far has been to no avail. If I were you I would be drafting a letter to Mitsu Aust outlining the problem, and providing all documented evidence as supplied by your dealer as to rectification attempts thus far and demanding a remedy at their earliest possible convenienve, after all the warranties they have outlined are SUPPOSED to be the "Be all and end all", we stand by our product! Do they actually back up their product? Bout time you found out after all the CEO of MMAL says he can be contacted anytime regarding any of their products..........thats if you can get past all the cling ons.........Hope you can achieve a resolution sooner rather than later..............BTW no offense Chaser you have done your best..........At 60,000klms I had issues with my truck and actually had to tell the Mitsu dealer the problem and how to remedy it....go figure.............
The loneless road is the one you walk alone
Support Beyondblue
You never know when you will need the help.
Wallace

Postby Buzzy on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:03 pm

chaser wrote:dont bring it back to me other wise im gunna burn it

Go your hardest

Wallace wrote:Buzzy.
Have been watching this thread with some interest. It would appear to me that all the efforts that Chaser has put in so far has been to no avail. If I were you I would be drafting a letter to Mitsu Aust outlining the problem, and providing all documented evidence as supplied by your dealer as to rectification attempts thus far and demanding a remedy at their earliest possible convenienve, after all the warranties they have outlined are SUPPOSED to be the "Be all and end all", we stand by our product! Do they actually back up their product? Bout time you found out after all the CEO of MMAL says he can be contacted anytime regarding any of their products..........thats if you can get past all the cling ons.........Hope you can achieve a resolution sooner rather than later..............BTW no offense Chaser you have done your best..........At 60,000klms I had issues with my truck and actually had to tell the Mitsu dealer the problem and how to remedy it....go figure.............

Thx Mark, I will be looking into this soon I think.
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby sam on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:07 pm

Wallace wrote:Buzzy.

I wouldn't put to much hope in writing a letter to MMAL as that's what we did 3 weeks ago this coming Tuesday and so far all we have received was an acknowledgment reply to say they received our email and will look into our issue :cry:

Have not had any further contact from mmal so maybe they hoping we will just go away but as far as backing their vehicles :? :roll: :lol:

It's sad when they can rant and rave and advertise " Better Built Better Backed "

This is what is on the side of the welcome pack box they sent us after we bought our Tri :? :?

" We Are Committed To Providing The Utmost Driving Pleasure And Safety For Our Valued Customers And Community . On These Commitments We Will Never Compromise "

Surely there is some sort of legislation to make sure manufacturers do what they claim :? :?:
sam

Postby Wallace on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:53 am

Sam
I think in both of these situations you have to be like a dog with a bone........don't give it up. After the three week duration you mentioned without a response I would have been on to then well before this asking for an explanation. You may well be correct when you say that it maybe forgotten but this is not the outcome anyone of whould expect.

Mark
The loneless road is the one you walk alone
Support Beyondblue
You never know when you will need the help.
Wallace

Postby greeny03 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:11 am

Strange that Mitsi have not found the real cause to these issues!! Having worked in the automotive industry, I have seen how much time and resource has been applied to rectifying an issue like this. That said it is another company and Mitsi dont appear to be that concerned in my opinion with any after sales or warranty work. Shoe string budget seems to apply. With my old VL commy, if the airflow sensor or oxygen sensor started playing up that could cause all sorts of issues!! But I am not sure if these things apply, but surely it is just a sensor or wiring harness(connector), which is not sending or recieving the right signals.
VR Triton
greeny03

PreviousNext

Return to Warranty/Recalls