Buzzys Truck Problems

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Buzzys Truck Problems

Postby Buzzy on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:43 pm

Well here goes,

All started a month or two ago. On my way home from Nelsons Bay I got to Hexam, stopped at the
lights went to go and had stuff all power......... limp mode.
Stopped turned the truck off then on again, reset and away I went. Nearly home, gone again and it still hasnt throw an engine light.
Took it into Mitsu that arvo and they ordered me a the new inlet manifold. Had it replaced a few days later and the guys also threw a new SCV on.
Cool I thought, everything was Ok until I was on my way home from the central coast a forntnight ago and there goes the power again, still no engine light. Stop restart and away I went again.
Was up at Nelsons bay again on the weekend just gone on the way home it done it again 4 times, what a PITA. This time though I had an engine light on. I dont have a scangauge yet so I didnt know what it was.
Took it back down to Mitsu they checked the error and it was a faulty SCV again, and a fuel leak which they put down to the SCV.
Truck was back in today and they fitted another SCV. I had a call from the Manager expecting him to say come pick your truck up however it went something like this. "Put the new SCV on started your truck up, threw another code straight away", Faulty SCV, :x .
To finish up they now have my truck in over night and I think they are going to try another SCV or something tomorrow.

Had my EGR blocked now for probably 6 months so Im not thinking that there should be any problems with my EGR valve.

Any of you blokes got any ideas whats going on here? Got me stuffed, and Mitsu by the look of it.
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Buzzys Truck Problems

Postby ag9111 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:50 pm

Pisses me off when they charge these monkeys out at $95 an hour and they know shit. The error code thown up indicates an issue with the SCV system not pin pointing the valve itself. You would think they would realise that after changing half a million of them on your truck alone.
You been playing in water lately, I bet it is a connector somewere that has corroded slightly
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Buzzy on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:57 pm

Thx Garth.
Na mate havent been anywhere near water of late, unless my misses has been doing secret mud runs in it while I've been at work :twisted: :twisted:
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby Steane on Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:36 pm

Mine did a similar thing. EGR blocked and on either a super light constant throttle or when using cruise control it would go into limp home mode on the odd occasion. Didn't show up straight away, took maybe 5000kms or so before it started playing up. Did it three times on one trip and then fourth time the engine light came on and it threw a code.

Only happened once to me in the burbs, when I cruised up to a stop light gently easing off the throttle.

In my case it was the blocked EGR. I could get round it by running with the throttle butterfly unplugged on highway trips.

Could it be the same thing for you Buzzy? Maybe try running with the throttle butterfly disconnected and see if you continue to experience the same issue.
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Buzzy on Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:55 pm

Interesting one that Steane, will mention it tomorrow.
Cheers
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:24 pm

Buzzy wrote:
On my way home from Nelsons Bay...

everything was Ok until I was on my way home from the central coast a forntnight ago and there goes the power again...

Was up at Nelsons bay again on the weekend just gone on the way home it done it again 4 times, what a PITA...

you guys are over-thinking it. It's clear from the description that Buzzy's truck likes going on holidays and hates going home :o :lol:

Sorry Buzzy I do sympathise but I couldn't resist the temptation. :oops:
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Buzzy on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:29 pm

I completly agree CD, I hate going home myself :lol:
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby mad992 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:29 pm

I wonder if you took out egr plate, how she would run,mine gave me grief with plate in ,took out plate all good ;)
mad992

Postby chaser on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:34 pm

that will def not work buzzy
Last edited by chaser on Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No longer a Mitsubishi technician, just a plain old boring mechanic with Mitsubishi training...

2005 Toyota Prado gxl, Lifted, Bar, Lights, Tyres etc etc...

Triton still on the waiting list.....
chaser

Postby Buzzy on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:42 pm

No worries at all mate, just hope we can find the problem before the w/e.
Need to be in Sydney on sun. By the looks of it I will have no problems getting there but its going to take me a week to get home.
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby daryn on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:47 pm

chaser wrote:... i will try to get it back to ya tomorrow ;)

Chaser you just had the perfect opportunity to spin Buzzy round like nothing else, tell him that his motor is now in a million pieces, left over parts that you dont know where they go, that the scv, mpf, mfp, aho, reg, abs, and sts have all failed, blah blah blah.

Oh well, you'll learn :lol: :lol: :lol:
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Buzzy on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:51 pm

I would have been on their doorstep first thing in the morning if he had of said that :lol:
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby boris on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:53 pm

Yep egr plate problem id say. Been happening to me for a while(code 0106) . But without plate carbon build up is another problem as just cleaned out mine and over half blocked(80,000kms). Ive now just unplugged egr valve and clear check eng light with scanguage. No probs this way.
boris

Postby Steane on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:15 pm

ChipIt guys are probably worth talking to as well. They can supply a tune designed to resolve this issue, so you can keep your EGR blanked and enjoy more power and no power losses or engine lights. I haven't had mine long enough to confirm it, but others on here may have.
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby chaser on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:17 pm

Sorry guys but it has nothing to do with the egr and if in the off chance you get pulled over by the epa. They will ream you out for disabling the egr becasue its an emission control device. not matter what you say to them they will still give you a HUGE fine.

If you were going to block off the egr i would sugest making a solid gasket out of 2mm tin or something similar. Place it on the exaust manifold of the egr system, this way you will not get any carbon or exhaust presure in the egr system. Leave it all plugged in so the ecu thinks that it is work and every thing should be happy.
Last edited by chaser on Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No longer a Mitsubishi technician, just a plain old boring mechanic with Mitsubishi training...

chaser

Postby daryn on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:29 pm

chaser wrote:
daryn

I cant say shit like that because my boss would go nuts at me for telling customer's information like that

What, ya boss here too!

On a serious note, your input here is great to see, it does add a human element to what goes on behind the scenes, at klosters I hand over my keys and see Jack snot of who touches my truck, I know it's trust but anyway good to hear from ya here.

I' ll continue my role of stirring buzzy on your behalf when the need arises. Lol.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby chaser on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:41 pm

feel free to come up to our shop then mate you will probly find that we are very friendly
Last edited by chaser on Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chaser

Postby Buzzy on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:54 pm

daryn wrote:
I' ll continue my role of stirring buzzy on your behalf when the need arises. Lol.

mmmmmmmm, been a while since I gave someone a holiday from the site :P
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby subi_man on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:34 am

Good luck with it Buzzy - sounds like it's in good hands at least
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby Homer on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:45 am

That's the pain with some of these intermittent faults. It feels like they keep bugging you for ever. Hope they get it sorted soon mate.

You guys should have bought a V6....we don't have any problems....after a quick engine rebuild that is :lol:
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Steane on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:53 am

chaser wrote:If you were going to block off the egr i would sugest making a solid gasket out of 2mm tin or something similar. Place it on the exaust manifold of the egr system, this way you will not get any carbon or exhaust presure in the egr system. Leave it all plugged in so the ecu thinks that it is work and every thing should be happy.

This is the procedure followed by most and it can/does cause intermittent power loss and the odd engine light.
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby patto on Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:06 am

Buzz - hope you dont go through what i had to go through... sounds like the same drama's i was having with my original truck. Limp modes with no fault codes thrown.... Mine did with and without the EGR blanked.... As with mine a had the SCV, ECU, Rail all was replaced several times to no avail....

Hipe it does not go down that path......

We pulled the cat convertor (diesel Particulate filter) out of mine last week prior to being rear ended, i was surprised for a truck that only had 4500km on the clock how much crap there was in there, definately has not been doing a good job of burning it off.. I would not be surprised if the issue of back pressure was the cause of my dramas in the first place. The new truck currently DOES NOT have the EGR blocked.
I HATE THE GREENS!!!!!
patto

Postby Racer on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:49 am

Chase, what is your dealership mate? Just in case I have any warranty issues....plus we may be in the market for a new vehicle for the Mrs...
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

Postby Racer on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:49 am

Hope all goes well for you Buzzy....that will learn you for coming to The Bay and not telling me!
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

Postby daryn on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:50 am

Racer, I am pretty sure it's cessnock mitsubishi
daryn
Valued Contributor

Next

Return to Warranty/Recalls