Buzzys Truck Problems

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Re: Buzzys Truck Problems

Postby marashkar on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:43 pm

buzzy i feel for you but at some point you are going to have to protect yourself from the problems this could cause. i really think you will have to go down the lawyer road as much as i hate the thought of that. bear in mind if it turns to shit you will not be dealing with the people at local level but some hotshot lawyer whos ony wish is that nothing can be traced back to mitsubishi and that nothing is their fault. steve
marashkar

Postby Buzzy on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:44 pm

Steve,
Im hoping it doesnt go that far. :shock:
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby chaser on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:45 pm

Blue wrote:
Buzzy wrote:
marashkar wrote:i am watching this with great concern. when are we going to harden up and put this problem where it belongs squarley at mitsubishi. this talk about lawers is not coming from where it should.if you have a serious saftey problem and continue to drive the vehicle knowing of the problem under duty of care you could/would be liable. and anyone who thinks mitsubishi and there lawers would help you is off with the pixies. if one of these things shuts down causes an accident and kills someone you will not be able to say it has a problem but i kept driving it anyway. end result off to the big house you go. i realise it is easy for me to say but after the second limp episode i would take it to the nearest mitsi dealer while there write a letter saying the vehicle has a serious safety issue and you deem it to dangerous to drive. give them the keys and walk away. get a copy of the letter tell the finance/lease/insurance co where it is and why. and find a lawyer. not in the same league yet but over 30 people have died over a car company refusing to admit/ own up to an issue and the lawsuits will go on for years my 2 cents worth steve

I completley agree however when I picked the truck up last week it was supposivley fixed. Only knew there was a problem on saturday when it threw another code while driving. What can you do? :?

Exactly, Buzzy, they keep saying "It's fixed this time" and refusing to drive it beyond that opens another can of worms - loss of faith in a vehicle has no legal backing...

I finally heard from the lease company today - it's a shame one has to email the MD and attach all the emails no-one has replied to in order to be heard... Let the arse kicking begin, fingers crossed...

what you want us to do drive it to newcastle and back??? how about sydney and back??? im sure the customer would be real happy about the fact that there car has an extra 100 or so klms on it...
No longer a Mitsubishi technician, just a plain old boring mechanic with Mitsubishi training...

2005 Toyota Prado gxl, Lifted, Bar, Lights, Tyres etc etc...

Triton still on the waiting list.....
chaser

Postby jop on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:46 pm

Blue wrote:ta jop - did you track down those toyota wheel nuts for the tri...??? :P

I asked your mum. she couldn't help :?:
jop

Postby sam on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:46 pm

Buzzy wrote:Well apart from selling the car which isnt an option for us, what would you do in this situation?????
I have 50k of my hard earned sitting in your garage atm and the only contact I have with all this is your workshop so to be honest I dont give a stuff how Greg reacts.
I put the pressure on and he can then pass it on to whoever he likes, hopefully he passes it on to MMA and not you guys. Thats the way it works.
I think I have been more than patient so far, how long would you let this go on for?????

Buzzy don't go and complain to MMAL mate cause that's what I did 3 wk's ago which I posted on here last night and we got a call today from one of their customer care people :o :shock: ( I wonder if they what this forum )

To say that by the time I got off the phone I was totally GOB SMACKED would be an under statement as after spending some 45 grand on a new car to be spoken to in such a arrogant and bordering on belligerent way was bewildering :? :?

They went as far to even say that a diff whine, in this case a period diff whine may just be a CHARACTERISTIC of the vehicle and if this is the case tuff :?

Our local dealer is still doing their best to help thank God but the further this goes the less likely hood of us ever buying another Mits grows slimmer by the day :(
sam

Postby chaser on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:46 pm

also going that direction will not work. all its going to so is cost heaps of buzzys money and dissapointment
No longer a Mitsubishi technician, just a plain old boring mechanic with Mitsubishi training...

chaser

Postby borngeek on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:47 pm

jop wrote:Good luck blue

ditto! excellent work in getting noticed!! :D

lets hope theres many 'happy endings' to these threads (without having to hit kings court up the road) ;)
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Blue on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:49 pm

chaser wrote:
Blue wrote:
Buzzy wrote:

I completley agree however when I picked the truck up last week it was supposivley fixed. Only knew there was a problem on saturday when it threw another code while driving. What can you do? :?

Exactly, Buzzy, they keep saying "It's fixed this time" and refusing to drive it beyond that opens another can of worms - loss of faith in a vehicle has no legal backing...

I finally heard from the lease company today - it's a shame one has to email the MD and attach all the emails no-one has replied to in order to be heard... Let the arse kicking begin, fingers crossed...

what you want us to do drive it to newcastle and back??? how about sydney and back??? im sure the customer would be real happy about the fact that there car has an extra 100 or so klms on it...

not what I'm saying, chaser - MY refusing to drive it after you guy's say it's fixed is the other can of worms...
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Blue on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:50 pm

jop wrote:
Blue wrote:ta jop - did you track down those toyota wheel nuts for the tri...??? :P

I asked your mum. she couldn't help :?:

She told me you're a whiney biatch...
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby chaser on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:54 pm

i drove it for 10ks or so before we handed the keys back. we coulnt fault the car at the time so there wasnt much more point keeping it....

chaser

Postby borngeek on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:04 pm

chaser wrote:i drove it for 10ks or so before we handed the keys back. we coulnt fault the car at the time so there wasnt much more point keeping it....

10k's doesnt really cut it, but i get the reason/logic.

diagnostics shouldn't worry about the odo.. (its pretty easy to disconnect it as you know)
problem is your bosses worry about the bottom line (and rightly so unless they are stupid)
Mitsu should be paying your workshop more for this!!

keep plugging! you COULD be that guy that solves it but dont expect any credit... :lol:

i feel for Buzzy and am glad my beast is purring nicely... ///touches wood :P

afterthought..
mines BLACK does that makes all the diff :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Buzzy on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:13 pm

I would spew if i got my truck back with 100ks on it. If the "tech guys" knew what they were doing there should be no need to drive it
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby daryn on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:22 pm

My last liberty had a fault and the service guys could not find the fault, they said it was all fine and I said to the manager let's swap cars for two days, he then had it to drive home along the f3 at 110 to the central coast where he lived, guess what they verified the fault and fixed it. I did not care about the the 240k's put on of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby borngeek on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:05 pm

mmm i agree with not liking a reduction in warrantee period... (no matter the length)
the odo is easy to disable for a fault finding mission (however i am sure MMAL would not support such a practice officially).
doing k's is the only way to make a dealer 'see the problem'... that way they can report back first hand experience rather than hearsay. We all drive different and treat our cars like.... differently :roll:

yeah dyno's (not cheap rubbish but dyno's that can run programs as simple as your mrs treadmill and record it) could be the answer here and its not as if it would be a expensive exercise for a mfg like mitsubishi. (the company)

rather than suggest that this dealer put 1000's of km's on Buzzy's truck (as i am sure i would be recieving hate PM's till buzzy's cows come home) i suggest only that if a MMAL 'decision makers' be privy to a conversation like this thread.... that they would spend the time and $$$ researching why they are getting these probs in an award winning (and highly PR boosting) product in their range....

I am sure they would hate all those dollars to be spent repairing their rep when they have paid so much to get where they are now........ :?:

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby patto on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:39 am

They racked up a bomb of K's on mine. I still laugh that they gave me a toyota hilux as a loan car when they took my truck in. I asked for the managers Triton as he was the one who would be driving my vehicle to fault it, full well knowing he would flog it so i thought it was only fair for me to give his Triton a good going over.

The new truck, with no engine mods at all went into into its first limp mode on sunday night with no warning lights. 5226km on the clock. cruise control up Mt ously towing the camper easily holding its 80kph then nothing, throttle just dissapeared. With the weight of the trailer it did not even have enough grunt to get me up the hill to the nearest area where i could pull off the road. i had to come to stop, shut it down start again and take off.....

Farking shat myself expescially that i had my 5 month old girl in the car and the wife. Not happy one bit! straight onto mitsubishi customer service and with my history with them they wanted the car in asap. Took it to the dealer monday morning no error codes stored.... Matter of time before some one gets cleaned up due to this issue.
I HATE THE GREENS!!!!!
patto

Postby Naff on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:42 am

... and if you asked me to describe a limp mode I wouldn't be able to tell you at 70,000kms.

You're right Patto, this will end up in a nasty situation and only then will Mitsubishi do something about it because all the cases will come out through various media outlets.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Buzzy on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:48 pm

Thats unbelieveable patto, not good news. Demand your money back and buy something else (not sure what though)

Got my truck back again today "all fixed"
Still had excessive fuel pressure, and old mate Greg worked out how to reset the computer back to factory.
He took it for a drive and put his computer back on it and all the fuel pressures are still spot on.

He is very confident that they have fixed my problem. I will give it a good run on the weekend and try her out.

I cant help but be a bit skeptical, time will tell :roll:
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby 4wd26 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:08 pm

sounding a little promising. hope its all good
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby Naff on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:19 pm

if it is the case.. at some point they are dishing out dodgy software?
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Austblue on Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:03 pm

patto wrote:They racked up a bomb of K's on mine. I still laugh that they gave me a toyota hilux as a loan car when they took my truck in. I asked for the managers Triton as he was the one who would be driving my vehicle to fault it, full well knowing he would flog it so i thought it was only fair for me to give his Triton a good going over.

The new truck, with no engine mods at all went into into its first limp mode on sunday night with no warning lights. 5226km on the clock. cruise control up Mt ously towing the camper easily holding its 80kph then nothing, throttle just dissapeared. With the weight of the trailer it did not even have enough grunt to get me up the hill to the nearest area where i could pull off the road. i had to come to stop, shut it down start again and take off.....

Farking shat myself expescially that i had my 5 month old girl in the car and the wife. Not happy one bit! straight onto mitsubishi customer service and with my history with them they wanted the car in asap. Took it to the dealer monday morning no error codes stored.... Matter of time before some one gets cleaned up due to this issue.

I'm speechless... well almost anyway! I'd have those ACA wankers meeting me at the stealership if that happened to me I reckon!
Austblue

Postby Jitsukablue on Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:42 pm

Another story of woe, mine is fine touch wood. From my days at a well known manufacturer, I know how complex faults like these can be to diagnose, and the fault is often a very simple fault. I'll give you a real life example.

Well know model, lets call it the myopia, release in the UK. Some phark knuckle decides he needs to justify his job and make a poofteenth of pharkall saving on the ECU. Do some electronic wizardry, save on a few components. Those ECUs had stickers put on them to show they were the new batch / ego stickers. Only problem is they put the sticker over the + & - strips on the PCB. Cue 1000's of myopia/spectacles randomly shutting down / "limp modes" as the ECU shorts out in damp weather. Intermittent problem that is only evident during wet weather and you've got yourself a shit fight. There's a technical word for it, where the copper drifts from negative to positive on a PCB. Stick a sticker on it and it happens a shit load faster.

Not saying this is the cause, but often the case, something simple and overlooked (sticker on a PCB) can be the cause of bad problems.
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby NTBB on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:41 pm

Still all good buzzy?
Mine has now gone to shart big time,limp mode alot,now stalling @ idle,A miss @ idle :evil:
But it did throw 2 codes p0093 fule leak and a p0192 HIGH PRESSURE IN RAIL :cry: Now trying to work how to relocate the POS 300km's to the nearest dealer(dealer going to check if i can drive it down)
so chasser what was the fix? just a comp reset or was ther more to it?
I bought my 4wd out of NEED not want.
NTBB

Postby Buzzy on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:03 pm

Mine is still Ok I think NTBB but I havent driven it since I got it back.
Going for a big drive on sunday and will report then. If you dont see anything up on sunday night you know I didnt make it.
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby Eureka on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:02 pm

from prev post sound like all will be fine until you head for home on Sunday :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously.....fingers crossed for you and keep us all posted
Eureka

Postby Buzzy on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:10 pm

Yeh never thought of that Eureka. Might be camping at frying pan creek on sunday night if anyones interested :shock:
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Warranty/Recalls