OMG I got warrantee parts off mitsu

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Re: OMG I got warrantee parts off mitsu

Postby al coholic on Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:50 pm

borngeek wrote:Oh and they giving me a MN triton for the night :twisted:

Oohhh.......I was thinking burnouts in a borrowed car for a minute..........but then i remembered how much lag the little 2.5 motor has and that idea was thrown out the window.

Good outcome after a little bit of ranting there BG.................shouldnt have to go through all that to avoid being ripped off. $1300 for a 30K service is downright robbery, there is no way for the dealer to justify that!!!
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby borngeek on Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:42 pm

al coholic wrote:Good outcome after a little bit of ranting there BG.................shouldnt have to go through all that to avoid being ripped off. $1300 for a 30K service is downright robbery, there is no way for the dealer to justify that!!!

I chose to take the long road so only myself to blame here...
To be a victim of what is blatant price gouging is damn right annoying to say the least.

I have a open case with fair trading NSW. I will decide on Tuesday arvo if I will persue it. I probably should in any case :?
I have enough evidence to possibly revoke their license according to my lawyer! :shock: (would only take 1 or 2 more clients to pull their invoices out - not very hard seeing i have some access to media). Its a lot of energy required (and cash) so unless they s... me right royal I will most likely close it.

In their favour the dealer has at least kept a channel of communication open. Good training for at least one person at the dealership!

In the end the information gathered will HOPEFULLY help those maintaining a 'dealer serviced relationship' to make sure we have the 'tools' to challenge a dealers claims.

Already owe a few cases to all the contributors to the service threads as it created my evidence/starting point/soap box to launch from :D (yeah thats a lot of cases... VB isnt it fellas :lol: )

I FEEL, somehow, i am doing the actual grunt work now :evil:
Got sweet F-ALL done work wise today :evil:
Lucky the employees can see me looking super angry and are getting stuff done early :shock: :mrgreen: :lol: (and not asking me stupid question :D )
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby al coholic on Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:48 pm

OK........well buddy old pal, I will make sure not to piss you off ever then eh?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

And if trying to reward guys off here for their help with your cause........don't do it with VB. You are rewarding remember..........not punishing ;) I wouldnt even feed that stuff to an enemy's dog :shock: :lol: :lol:

Someones got to try and make you laugh you grumpy bastard :P
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby Joe on Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:53 pm

al coholic wrote:Someones got to try and make you laugh you grumpy bastard :P

He may be a borngeek, but perhaps he's maturedgrumpy :lol:
Dad
----
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Joe

Postby borngeek on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:04 pm

like homer says "Why are people so unkind" :( :lol:

bone dropped for the night! :D thx guys :ugeek:

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby GeoffAnderson on Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:35 pm

If you go to Supercheap they will put the windscreen wiper rubbers on for you for $2 :shock:
GeoffAnderson

Postby Homer on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:12 am

Jeez I posted this in the wrong thread...needs to go here now every one is having a crack. This was my first thought on one of your issues :twisted:

borngeek wrote::
Make sure you inform them you ONLY want the logbook service NO extra's AT ALL without ASKING ME FIRST!

:lol: :lol: coming from the bloke who ASKED them to change the wipers...that's the first thing every dealer does every service to pad the bill...fcken' amatuers.. :P
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby snowman on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:22 am

GeoffAnderson wrote:If you go to Supercheap they will put the windscreen wiper rubbers on for you for $2 :shock:

ok for some of you you will say Doh......but to some others it may help. You will note you can buy the whole arms at supercheap as well as just the infills. for years i just bought the infills and cut to suit - but some of them have the metal strip and they are a PAIN in the arse to swap out.

The whole arms are almost twice the $$'s but take about 30 seconds to swap out. Dead easy and worth the dollars if you have the patience level i do. :o :oops:

Easiest $2 the supercheap blokes will ever make swapping out the arms.

....and in the case of my old MK Triton they were a bit flogged out and faded (from replacing rubbers for years) so it was a no brainer. I even did it on the one year old ML cause it was so easy.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby borngeek on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:51 pm

:lol: nice one Homer... deja-vu

Yeah i did the cut and supercheap option (it WAS a bitch) and then with all the rain we had they drove me bananas with the squeak if you werent on top of the intermittent adjustment.. couldnt handle it so i thought i try the stock ones again as i had no dramas...

your right, totally right, that i shouldnt have bothered or just bought off spare parts... :oops:
That $40 was the least of my worries about this particular bill, i just used it as an example of price gouging by the dealer and in the end the Dealer Principal agreed $20 to fit wiper rubbers is a bit steep...
Its part of the 'agenda' for Monday afternoon... :ugeek:

He has again followed up with an email asking that I give him the opportunity to 'clear the air' again.
Must have got those calls from Mitsu and Fair Trading :twisted:
or created an account here now :lol:

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby borngeek on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:15 am

At last I have had my 30,000Km service completed. :?
Only took a week and countless hours of wasted time and frustration... They in total had my triton two days and one night.. :o

Without detailing the individual conversations with: MMAL (SA), MMAL (Technical at Granville), Dept of Fair Trading NSW, Dealers Principal, and the ACTUAL service manager and more in great detail I will summarise the experience so it MAY give you all a laugh :mrgreen:

Probably the 'best part' of the experience was to discuss the triton engine and servicing with a mechanic that actually did the work on my triton today and is secondly a senior qualified technician and service manager. (we also spoke about modern diesel engines in general)
He doesn’t sit on the front desk and that was, in the end, the impressive component that has 'calmed me down' (other than the Mrs telling me to stop bullying people :roll: )
So I got stuck with the dud desk jockey basically :(

I have not (and cannot still) complain about the actual work performed.
The local mechanic around my corner (he owns a ML triton) did a very quick check on what they did for a case..
Replace fuel, oil filter, and fresh oil and general tyre kick etc. They had also 'wiped out and sprayed a solvent in the intake area and generally cleaned intake'.
They removed and greased the forward side mounts/bushes of the rear suspension leafs.
Don’t know if they replaced/'flush' my power steering fluid (sold as a 'KIT'). (Mechanic unable to confirm this. analysis is expensive.) I was refunded for this component in any case...
So the job was done correctly just took them a while :evil: (oh and they tried to rip me too...)

This component of cleaning the intake is not officially part of the 'log book service'. This dealer puts it on the invoice as a “Throttle body Service” as they have no real ‘code’ for it. They perform it to basically flush the oil,carbon,gunk etc through the engine. They have to do in a few stages as the engine does not run for long without the outer manifold attached apparently... So its a bit of a painful job (ie. They can’t cut corners/save time). They use a $35 can of spray and spend 20-30mins on it. They have to move the vehicle to an extraction area as well making it a separate job for their workshop..... (mmmm still thinking don’t give a fk BUT I listened instead..)
I was charged extra for this but as it was not pre-explained (and asked for) I was refunded for this component.
I am not sure if this 'extra' makes any difference... Does it help with carbon buildup?? They assert that it does.... I wouldn’t know
AND.. even if IT DOES!? Should I pay for this 'preventative maintenance' inside the warrantee period?
WE ALL KNOW the engine pollution system causes carbon issues by design is it a problem I have bought or something the MFG should fix OR BOTH??!! (and can they fix it?and why should we pay while they try?)

Ah sh!t so many questions... I GIVE UP!

End result is $590 for 30K service (INCLUDING tappits). This IMO for a Sydney service at a stealer is FAIR. I believe at this price they can clean the fn intake out INCLUDED!
Warrantee work completed as well.. (hard lid rubber, new steering wheel checked.)
Rotors were machined for free. (didn’t even tell me they did it) - knew I was pushing poo uphill on this one anyway. Already have my foot in on the DBA’s.. spare machined set now :twisted:

There is now a very clear line of communication for me at the dealership.... :lol:
My triton is running beautifully.. they even gave it a wash. Then it rained on my way home... :(

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Joe on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:38 am

Glad to hear of the successful outcome for you BG 8-) . Sometimes it pays to be a bully ;)
Dad
----
Joe

Postby daryn on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:47 am

joe1234 wrote:Glad to hear of the successful outcome for you BG 8-) . Sometimes it pays to be a bully ;)

There's one for the wife you bully you...lol
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Joe on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:26 am

daryn wrote:
joe1234 wrote:Glad to hear of the successful outcome for you BG 8-) . Sometimes it pays to be a bully ;)

There's one for the wife you bully you...lol

I don't let her read over my shoulder daryn, but I'm still not game to post in the "Stupid things said and done by wife" thread". They have have a way of knowing :?
Dad
----
Joe

Postby jacky_moo on Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:56 pm

Good to hear that you got a good outcome from all that, i've been whinging about the leather in mine for the past 4 services and still nothing...

oh an btw my 30k service was $521 including the ipod cable + fitting :shock:
jacky_moo

Postby borngeek on Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:20 pm

gawd i gulped when i saw this one pop up again :lol: :mrgreen:

keep on them jacky... it really gets me a little hot under the collar when I read others stories here and I would look like a raving lunatic if i jumped on each one :? (well i know i am already but thems the breaks :mrgreen:)

$521 is a very good price if they really did do your tappets as well... You can tell because the gasket will have fresh grease around it and a lot of nuts and bolts will be slightly marked.. (i had mitsubishi mechanic - from the tech centre out in woop woop sydney - 'mark' areas covertly for reasons involved with dealing with MMAL over the issue..)
I am lucky enough to have some connections that I could pull favours from. It WAS/IS rediculous I had to resort to using them :|

Lets say i am a very 'valued' customer these days at my local dealer ;) (even borrowing a ASX for a couple days to demo soon as I consider replacing my small yaris fleet for my nerds - offered no problems at all! I think they a bit exxy but nicely sized for my line of bizo)

Cant fault them NOW but I deal directly with the dealer principle not the service department.. (theres a HOT tip there ;) )

What I did and went thru would be probably a bit extreme to most. If it weren't for this forum I would have probably swallowed it to be honest. Power to the people! (and my trusty NewTriton crew) :D
Cant thank this sanctuary enough!!! 8-)

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby spooler on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:48 am

I had a similar story.... ML Triton 30k service was quoted a touch over $800. Told them to stick it and went to Automasters - $280 for a diesel service (+80 for fuel filter required at 30k) After all, any qualified mechanic can do a logbook service and your warranty is fine.
Had a few issues with a pierced CV boot and when I talked to the service department at the Mitsubishi dealer they asked about my overdue service to which I replied "I wasn't prepared to pay over $800 so went to Automasters".... well, didn't that change the attitude. Got told blatantly that the problem was due to inferior servicing. I explained 3 times that they were qualified (and very good) mechanics and it had nothing to do with warranty. He kept gibbering on about how they never check this and that and things would fail etc. I ended up telling him that I wasn't interested in slandering another company and was he going to book me in for the repair...... there was a pause and he said "I think your better of trying another dealer"
OMG :o I hung up and was straight onto the AHG dealer network head boss and told him that the service cost was outright robbery and I would never pay for it, the service guy was looking at a law suite if I went and told Automasters and that he was super rude to me. Also that I was going straight to the office of fair trading and automotive ombudsman if I didn't get any resolution.... FAST. I also said that my contract states that servicing is fixed at $289 to which he told me that was only for the extended warranty if I serviced the car with them for the 5 years prior. Not going to happen.... could probably buy a new car with the cost savings anyway!

In the end, after talking to the dealer pricipal and other hob nobs, I now have it in writing that I get every service for $289 PLUS, because I drive 60km to get there and work long hours, I take the car in the night before and get a free hire car overnight.

Still shitty at them though...... :evil: :evil:
spooler

Postby Racer on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:29 pm

A very interesting read this thread, I copped a bit of flack from a goose on here about getting my truck serviced outside Mitsu Dealers etc...my current mechanics are Jax Tyres, my 30K cost me $200 with an audible check of the tappets, plus new air filter and wheel balance, alignment etc.....I have been burnt a couple of times from dealers (Toyota & Mitsubishi), just fortunate for me with Toyota, my best mates parents own a big dealership in which I bought mine from so the problems were ironed out relatively quick there.

It is good to see your problem was resolved mate, just a shame it took 3 days, 400000 phone calls and undue stress for them to sneak a couple of extra bucks. Its always amusing when you buy a new car, they promise the world, won't leave you alone....then when you own it, it is your turn to do all the chasing....

Keep the oil clean and don't flogg em...these Tritons will last for ever...
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

Postby Sloth on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:05 pm

The problem doesnt seem so much to be MMA but some of the dealerships.

I recently had my 90k service + additionals (diff oils etc including Tappits) from a family friends dealership on a recent trip. One month later i get an engine light and limp mode. Gave car to dealer..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

It now has a new lower intake manifold (didnt fix the engine light or limp mode surprise surprise). Dealer f#$%ed around for 9 days and ended up taking it to the local diesel shop who noticed the actuator arm had fallen off the turbo in 2 minutes and said thats your problem. They hook it back up and put a new split pin in then say i can pick up car tomorrow.

Service manager not in so talk with principal...

"we're going to have to charge you for a few things... we had to do the tappits and your unifilter air filter clogged the air flow sensor so none of it was warranty work..."

Long story short but show receipt for service including tappits by service manager from another dealership, mention brand new unifilter, not oiled yet and that i am personal friends with diesel shop owner who told me what really happened about the actuator arm.

Get told a lot of lies and bullsh!t from the principal and told to sort it with the service manager on monday. Take ute, drive 1400klms over the weekend to find my white tailgate is covered in soot.. :evil: so it's still not right :evil: :evil:

Absolutely love the vehicle, absolutely despise the local dealer.
He who dies with the most toys wins!
Sloth

Postby 4x4freak on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:57 pm

Hi Guys
i am from south africa driving a 2.5DID.. Going in for it's 60k service now. Dealer wants to charge me R 6000 which will be about $ 860. Which is mad. What do they do on the 60k service ? i am def going to take it to a private guy.
4x4freak

Postby Fnordy on Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:49 pm

I read something about the mitsubishi service guarantee (a fixed price on all services to 100,000km or something?)

Gonna have to find out what it was but mine is due for it's 1500 in a few weeks and then I plan on putting lots of kms on it from there...
Fnordy

MY10 GLX-R Manual Diesel (loads of mods - see shed)
MY09 200 Series VX Landcruiser (stock standard with Poly Airbags & UHF)

MY09 Giant TCR-Advanced 1
MY10 Specialized Epic Expert Carbon
Fnordy

Postby borngeek on Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:10 pm

4x4freak wrote:Hi Guys
i am from south africa driving a 2.5DID.. Going in for it's 60k service now. Dealer wants to charge me R 6000 which will be about $ 860. Which is mad. What do they do on the 60k service ? i am def going to take it to a private guy.

Looks like you found the 60k thread via search! nice work 4x4freak :D
for others its here

Fnordy wrote:I read something about the mitsubishi service guarantee (a fixed price on all services to 100,000km or something?)

Gonna have to find out what it was but mine is due for it's 1500 in a few weeks and then I plan on putting lots of kms on it from there...

There IS a guarantee of some kind for you MN owners in 2010.
start here

welcome to the forum guys! BG :ugeek:

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Previous

Return to Warranty/Recalls