OMG I got warrantee parts off mitsu

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Postby borngeek on Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:32 pm

Pretty lame news ultimately but positive none the less...

At my 15K service i complained that the paint was peeling off my 'genuine leather' steering wheel and at that stage i had the triton what 6months....
I also complained about the rubber on the hard lid sticking to the tub and leaving black rubber all over the paint work. (i have under lip liner which was uber dumb)
Admittedly this was caused by being left in direct sunlight on a very hot day and the triton is black after all :roll:
Dont care fix it mits!!

10mins ago people (and a bit less than 6 months after the initial complaint) i get a call from my mits service dept in the city informing of new steering wheel and hard lid rubbers :shock:

Taking in for a earlish 30k service (28K atm) and warrantee parts on the 13/7!!

and i just worn in that wheel... oh well new is good :mrgreen:
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Re: OMG I got warrantee parts off mitsu

Postby chick_magnet_0001 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:39 pm

great work
friend of ours is on his 3rd steering wheel in his triton ( hes a fridgie by trade) and he recons the residue of the gases is what is destroying his, :roll: mits said to him thats it no more after this one :twisted: but hes got a glx :roll:
Last edited by chick_magnet_0001 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COME ON FULL NOISE!!!!
Recovered:
Jop at scenic rim
Homer at janowen Hills
Homer at janowen Hills (3mins later)
Recovered
by fridgie 4wd Training Day... "shakes head" i woulda made it
chick_magnet_0001

Postby Dylan 191 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:32 pm

It's been covered before , Blue was doing some serious rubbing :lol: :lol:
Marge bring me your address book ,4 beers and my conversation hat !!
Dylan 191

Postby borngeek on Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:20 pm

I have typed this out in word as a record as i pursue this further; I thought I may share it here for some feedback before I press forward...

WARNING: Enourmous diatribe of anger and thoughts that havent all gelled and i have probably missed heaps so beware :ugeek:

Well after giving SYDNEY CITY MITSUBISHI the thumbs up previously (15K service) it is with great anger I come with my latest report...

As per above got the call re warrantee work and booked it in for today.. Won’t hurt to get it all done a couple thousand early (28018 Km on clock when I drove in..)
Went to the 30K service thread and did some nosing around.. Big variations in prices better confirm it all first up in the morning just to check...
Had my little list as follows: (actually left them with this list)
13/7/10 : 8am. Sydney City Mits. Triton service 30K + warrantee work. <SNIP>. Asset #MV2009JC01
Notes:
30K service (includes?, $$?)

Steering Wheel fitted (warrantee)
Rubber hard lid fitted (warrantee)
Other work:
Weird locking in rear brakes – intermittent in wet esp.
Shake/surging worsening in brakes. (slow roll and high speed – front rotors?)
Engine squeak getting louder...
Fuel economy decreasing progressively... new air filter didn’t help don’t change it!
Squeaky rear springs – grease please
windscreen rubbers.. replace both please.

Got to the counter nice and early and waited for service manager himself to serve me. (last time not this guy).
Explains that they need car night before for tappit adjustment. (some rubbish about cool engine... maybe true)
Would have been nice to let me know that little gem mate because here we are... Oh you will have to bring it back in.. grrrr I thought. Ok I let this one go they can make mistakes when booking warrantee work or some retarded excuse stay calm...
OK well what’s the damage separately because I rather pick it up tomorrow if it’s going to cost me extra money and time.... OH he said I will find out the prices the tappit service is quite a BIG one...
So his computer tapper does some tapping away and comes up with a yellow sticky note with:
$949 & $368 handwritten on stickynote!
They are the two prices... GULP thats $1300 for a 30,000KM service!!!!
Now at this point I had two decisions..
a. I just absolutely blow up and cause the biggest scene you have ever seen and look like a lunatic and storm out with my triton.
b. Just stay calm and see how this pan’s out.
For some unknown reason (and against every bone in my body) I chose b.

So calmly i asked him to confirm that that pricing combined will be for the service with the tappits done whether I left it here tonight or another time regardless. Yep its $950 for 30K service NO TAPPITS, see you this arvo.

Needless to say I walked for a while after that. I actually walked to a client’s site in Paddington (1 hour walk)...
So I returned to the office shut the door and brought up the trusty newtriton forum.
I printed some very detailed threads into a word doco and printed them out and started highlighting important facts of the service (theres many of you to thank here)
At 2:20pm I get a call from the service manager. We’ve had your triton up on its second road test and just gotten to your brakes and they are warped. (Read we just put it up on jacks and here i am to gouge you further – they did a total of 6km in my triton and then cleared tripAandB)
Its going to cost you $120 plus labour to machine them. What! The cars 12 months old!!!
Oh but it’s done 30,000KM... (well 28,000 mate but let’s not start to pick just yet)
That seems a little early mate are you sure theres not something wrong thats caused it? Reasonable question i thought haven’t read about triton brakes all popping at 30K..
Well the pads are wearing evenly so i don’t think so but i haven’t looked myself. When we machine them they will have a perfect surface again and the shudder will be gone..
Now hang on a second mate, I haven’t agreed to machine anything at 120bux plus labour i can buy better quality aftermarket for not much more.
Do you want me to get prices for heavy duty rotors. (oh this guy is good i was thinking)
<this is where he twigged i may not be a complete sucker i think>
Yeah sure why not get me a price what time my car ready?
4:30 sir we are open to 5
/// see you soon you little ....
I grew a little impatient and arrived at 4pm...
Triton still up in the air... gee yeah working on it all day you ....
Other guy there asks what I am in for and he cruises out to workshop. (my printouts rolled and being choked by my hand.. )
Service manager rolls in with a bag in his hand. It LOOKS like the adhesive strip rubber for my hard lid... Looks to me as if they haven’t opened the bag yet.
At this point I felt really really calm. I have no idea why, it’s probably a good thing thinking back..
He explained how its a really huge job to put it on and I will need to bring it in for tappit so it won’t be a problem. (ie. You didn’t think about my car till 2:20pm and now you worked out its going to take a few hours to clean the old adhesive rubber off isn’t it mate)
He’s really doing well now. Forgot to tell me to bring the car in the day before for service work and now you can’t even do the work that it was originally booked BY YOU to do for today.
I even made this point to him again (probably several times) and he still hasn’t printed the bill..
OK then what’s the damage?
Well we managed to get it down for you sir its only $721.80.
REALLY I asked? That much less?? Please explain...
You see the software over there doesn’t talk to the software over (my eyes glazed over – I actually KNOW you are full of it mate). I begged him to stop...
Now I ask him to take a little read of what i prepared earlier...
As he started thumbing away I started to go over the bill...
I lot of stuff in here... <scanning in and censored image coming soon>
A LOT of discussion went on here about forums being full of shit, checking service books for accuracy etc.
End shot. 30KM service 2hours (1.8 with some adjustment in fine print) tappit adjudment 2.1 hours (2.2 with the fine print) making it a 4.2 hour deal APPARENTLY..
Oh thats a lot cheaper than $1300 then isn’t it??
Oh the computers aren’t talking ...... (oh FK here we go again)
all good mate let’s move right along I BELIEVE YOU THE COMPUTERS ARE OUT OF WHACK I GET IT!! (I got a bit condescending at times... bad habit)

So now we moved onto the rest..
LOWERED LEAF SPRINGS AND LUBED BUSHES ALL OK AT TIME OF TEST $47.
Um mate the squeaking springs I asked to be greased they are covered under warrantee, there’s a hotline fix number I’ve got it here if you need any help with it?...
NOOO!! -now he draws a crude picture of a leaf spring circling the area where they put the silencer kit (who cares the tech name) and said the warrantee is only covered inside his circles. HE went on to explain that they do things the ‘correct way’ and they dropped both springs out at the front and greased the components properly so I can have a vehicle that doesn’t squeak all the time.. I stayed quiet here he was digging his hole all by himself...
This was a massive diatribe where he kept threatening to take it off the bill if I think it is unfair and basically cutting me off before I could even speak. He recons they spent 2 hours on it alone..
I really wanted to hit him at this point...
It was becoming quite a scene now... Staff quickly trying to express other customers out and scuffle everywhere.
This bit was amusing for me...
Eventually I talked him into letting me complete a sentence:
MMM ok so what your saying is that you have done the leaf springs correctly now and I wont get any more squeaks and if I pay this you will stand by that work and warrantee it? IF so I will DEFINATELY PAY FOR THAT!!!

He went into overdrive at this point. He was blinking incessantly and going back to about those god damn computers not being synced again.

I lost my patience and said where’s your eftpos machine let’s get this paid then... (im taking it further the more stuff up on the bill now the better anyway)

Well do you want me to take off the labour for the springs... (He was really clutching now).

Its up to you! Why are you asking me? I am going to ask Mitsubishi myself.

But we are trying to give you a satisfied result here sir...

OK then what about this charge for $41.60 to supply and fit windscreen wiper rubbers???

Oh they are $50 on my overlander....

Mate look as I said just let me pay the bill.
What about the spring labour?
Oh sh!t mate I am not answering that it’s up to you just let me pay my bill and get out of here.
I am taking it off!!
-----

[censored] me took me 30 mins just to get this far..
Price walked out: $673.25 (NO TAPPITS !!!)
They verbally reduced the tappit service to $180 – yes half as of 8am in the morning.. (@2.2 hours that looks like $60/hour to me?)
They told me their labour rate is $109+GST/hour
All up if i remove the throttle body (a incorrect charge yet to be challenged) and windscreen washers they want nearly $800 for a 30K service making them (and drumroll please) THE MOST EXPENSIVE 30K service IN AUSTRALIA! Well done SYDNEY CITY MITSUBISHI you still did it even after starting at $1300!!!

imbeciles....

As I walked out I could see someone run into workshop and say ‘hold that triton’ (they had told me as I was paying that they were driving it out now)
Stood out the front for another 20mins waiting for it to come out...
I assume this is when they actually performed parts of the service that I am going to have checked in the morning by another Mitsubishi dealer.
There’s a throttle body clean and inspect and air filter charge (see scans) I never asked for and I specifically said no air filter and I put a brand new one in before I left this morning... (and have the reciept for it too)

NOT HAPPY... Mitsubishi get ready...

On another note the new steering wheel looks lovely... forgot about it until I got home this arvo... Mind you they scratched it putting it on so probably add that to my call to customer care after a few scotches later tonight... may as well get the ball rolling on the night shift :mrgreen:

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Quinny on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:20 pm

Is anyone game to respond to that... :shock:

Geek - Is that stealer in St. Leonards ?
Never argue with an idiot ... they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ...
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby fridgie on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:25 pm

not me Quinny.... :shock:

Would sure love to be a fly on the wall though ;) :lol:
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:35 pm

Quinny I think this dealer is over near Rosebery - no one goes to St Leonards twice....
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Quinny on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:48 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:Quinny I think this dealer is over near Rosebery - no one goes to St Leonards twice....

I went there once (St. L) - to pick up my new ute... Never again. They didn't even give me a spare key ... long painful story :shock:

Bast@rds...
Never argue with an idiot ... they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ...
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby borngeek on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:26 pm

:lol: :lol: yeah STL where i bought it from and left running soon after... this is sydney city (link road rosebery opp sutton holden (i think its owned by suttons??)

BUT:
its gotten better...
that 'lovely' new steering wheel has two wires hanging out the back rubbing on the steering column... discovered turning around for mrs to go to work.. my brain was 'too noisy' earlier :oops:

could be either airbag or bluetooth... do i take a risk with my mrs???

roadside assistance called :evil: :cry:

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Quinny on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:28 pm

Cut the yellow one :twisted:
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Trilo on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:45 pm

I live near the area and makes it easy to drop off but they have been a little hard to deal with, problems from manifold /surging which they eventually changed, prices on services which vary, steering column (still having problems trying for second one :x ). They are good at excuses and ways of trying to get out off a warranty repair.
Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
Trilo

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:47 pm

They gave me my new truck with 50 PSI in the tyres and only 1/2 a tank of diesel. That should have been enough to keep me away but my first service was free... as you say long painful story :shock:
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby borngeek on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:48 pm

Quinny67 wrote:Cut the yellow one :twisted:

:lol: (it was red and blue and belonged to the bluetooth for anyone that cares :lol: ).
Mr NRMA tucked it in for me and listened carefully to my story but slowly started laughing the minute i started with: 'i took it to mitsubishi for service and warrantee work' :? :cry:

i can hear myself saying to myself still... why not decision a. why not decision a.
i am am getting no answer..... yet :o

................love that car :(

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Quinny on Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:02 pm

borngeek wrote:
Quinny67 wrote:Cut the yellow one :twisted:

:lol:
Mr NRMA tucked it in for me and listened carefully to my story...

My mum and dad used to read the Cat and the hat - And Green Eggs and Ham... When I was going to bed...

I'd be careful about that NRMA bloke :lol:
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby borngeek on Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:07 pm

:lol: too many drinks far out theres definately no need to edit that its pure GOLD :lol:

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Quinny on Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:10 pm

Welcome to newtriton.net my friend :lol:
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snowman on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:39 am

Welcome to owning a Mits. They are renown for expensive servicing but there are probably worse (Land Ro.... :o ) Toyota tend to spread their service costs a bit.

A 30k service is still a new car in my opinion, ok so they change some fluids. almost a $1000 is seriously highway robbery, but that is how they are making money on these cars. Dealers don't get it from sales in my opinion.

........... my 30 is due soon and i am more worried than a trip to the denstist to be honest.

someone may take me to task but i don't believe in machining brake discs, unless you are flogging it off. You will have to re-harden the face of the rotor after machining and you will have less metal than before. if they warped before then they will warp again.

this isn't a huge issue elsewhere BG have you been braking consistently hard, or towing or maybe dunking them through a creek after heavy braking?

just replace with the Ultimate slotted rotors when available.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Sloth on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:29 am

Damn, if it helps BG i had my triton in for the front suspension recall and thought it could do with a few things.

I had changed oil and filter, air filter etc but said if it needs anything just let me know.

As it has 94k on it the auto fluid was changed, tappets adjusted, and pads checked along with the recall. Total sum of $298

Admittedly i do drive 130k's to this dealer but gladly will again.
He who dies with the most toys wins!
Sloth

Postby snowman on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:30 am

where Sloth....?
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby borngeek on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:36 am

amazing what a few heated phone calls can get you (mind you the time i have wasted its a false economy - me and my wild ideas :roll: )

Dealer principal - we had a long and very detailed discussion... He actually listened, summarised and apologised :o
He is heading out to service for their story/reaming. He isnt that impressed that NRMA was at my place fixing their work at 11pm. He was really upset about cleaning the throttle body without asking. The rest he is going to discuss and get back.

Already have some 'promised' outcomes but will wait for the comfirmation call and email before i share ;)

:mrgreen: :ugeek:

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby sam on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:49 am

borngeek wrote:amazing what a few heated phone calls can get you (mind you the time i have wasted its a false economy - me and my wild ideas :roll: )

Dealer principal - we had a long and very detailed discussion... He actually listened, summarised and apologised :o
He is heading out to service for their story/reaming. He isnt that impressed that NRMA was at my place fixing their work at 11pm. He was really upset about cleaning the throttle body without asking. The rest he is going to discuss and get back.

Already have some 'promised' outcomes but will wait for the comfirmation call and email before i share ;)

:mrgreen: :ugeek:

Don't hold your breath mate but some people do win Lotto apparently :lol: :lol: :lol:
sam

Postby al coholic on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:23 am

Borngeek........cause i am such a great bloke, i took time out of my day to call in to Lithgow mitsubishi and grab a 30K service price for you (I was actually picking up mine from faulty SCV)

So talking to the guys there..........."BTW, my 30K service is coming up, how much is that gunna set me back?"
"Hang on a minute mate, i'll print it out for you" he says"Its an expensive one though, comes to $630 with valve clearances......or take $150 off that if they are fine from audible check" :lol: :lol:

I actually started laughing and i could tell from the look on this guys face he didnt get the joke, so i mentioned i knew this bloke who got quoted $1300 from Sydney city Mitsu..........

He didnt believe me though............so maybe you need to take the time off for a day and drive up the mountains to get your next service.

There is lots to do in Lithgow aswell............you can walk there streets and see who's driveway or front yard has subsided overnight from a mine collapsing below them...........ummm, what else, there's ummm..................maybe maccas for lunch. Thats all i can come up with.....sorry :lol: :lol:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby snowman on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:34 am

keep talking Al co, your actually tempting me up from the Sydney Basin.

so those prices are legit? might be hard driving up the mountains with no Chip though.... :cry: :cry:
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby al coholic on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:51 am

Nah, i'm pulling your leg Snowman........ :lol: :lol:

Its all legit mate, I have the printout sitting in front of me

Basically change oil and filter, change fuel filter, lubricate suspension & steering links & propeller shafts, top up fluid levels. And of course all the usual check this and visual inspect this............
I'm not sure if this includes engine oil though, as i supply them with my own 10L of penrite and this quote is specific to mine (ie its printed out with all my details on it, rego and vin number etc).....but that's only another $100 or so for engine oil.

You should suss them out, their service is excellent compared to what i have read on here. If you give them enough notice and explain your driving up for the day, they will book it in for early morning and get it done by lunchtime for you......really good like that. They did that foe my mrs with the first service as she had an appointment in the arvo :D
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby borngeek on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:53 pm

:lol: Alco : mate to be honest to save $700 i will drive to lithgow ANY DAY! And other than being bloody cold this time of year I would have found something to amuse myself.. :mrgreen:

----
Anyway verbal and written(email) confirmation as follows: (Dealer Principal sent me diary entry - edited for privacy)

When: Monday, 19 July 2010 4:00 PM-4:30 PM (GMT+10:00) Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney.
Where: Sydney City Mitsubishi

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

<BORNGEEK>,

Please accept this calender appointment for us to review the Service and warranty requirements for your vehicle.
I confirm that I am prepared to:
1. complete the tappet adjustment
2. completet the warranty repair to the tornneau cover
3. refund the throttle body service [cost $78.55}
4. I will lend you a vehicle for Monday night and Tuesday

I hope that this will help clear the air, and look forward to meeting you in person,
Regards
<SNIP>

---

Well it seems, if I am satisfied with the 30min pow wow with service manager and dealers principle, that they will take off the above stupid charge leaving the bill down at the $600 mark now. Theres another $80 to come off that again but will be discussed on monday with the service manager as to his reasoning to a bunch of his assertions...

So at worst i get the 30K service WITH TAPPITS. Plus windscreen wiper rubbers @ $40 a pop :roll: for the grand total of $600. :shock: (so $560 for 30K inc tappits)

At best (if i win the power steering flush charge which has to be a ring in now) i am looking at $480 (approx) for the 30K with tappits.
I have to swallow the extra $40 for windscreen wiper rubbers and put them on myself next time :P

Now thats a whole lot different to the first quote of $1300... :evil: maybe this is worth it :? :|

Oh and they giving me a MN triton for the night :twisted:

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Next

Return to Warranty/Recalls