how much $$ to fix chip issue.

What were your warranty claims and recall information

how much $$ to fix chip issue.

Postby clarke-glxr on Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:43 pm

hey all,

had the chip caused problems so i took it off now my car has no power ever engine light is on and now using brothers car to get to work, gonna call up mitsu to see if they are going to help, just wanting to know if you know if its under warranty and what figures am i looking at $$ wise to have my car scanned n such.

cheers
If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that!
clarke-glxr

Re: how much $$ to fix chip issue.

Postby Blue on Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:01 pm

DON'T TELL THEM IT WAS CHIPPED...!!! Make sure all plugs (fuel rail loom etc) are correctly in place, book in saying 'no power, engine light on' and leave it at that...
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Homer on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:04 am

^^^^What he said :shock: :shock:
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby borngeek on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:25 am

x3.. :shock:

btw sounds like you have stuffed your MAP install... (green and blue cut in).. Without the chip this cut in loom will cause a constant limp mode. you can TEST by putting the chip back on (just plugging it in doesnt need power just connect the MAP loom to the main loom and plug in chip. start car and off you go???
Trying the chip in with no power to it WILL make your triton std again. This is a passthru mode designed into DPS215 as explained to me by robert... Excellent for troubleshooting ;)

Other than that take it ALL out.. (loom components) and connect the whole machine backup and give her another crank.. Although you could actually have caused a prob to SCV or similar by some terrible chance, theres a poss you just goofed the install?\

Either way HIDE THIS FACT from the dealer :!: :!:

You just have a dead car as far as they are concerned (and you probably not too happy about it) :mrgreen:
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby gnomes on Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:20 am

borngeek wrote:x3.. :shock:

btw sounds like you have stuffed your MAP install... (green and blue cut in).. Without the chip this cut in loom will cause a constant limp mode. you can TEST by putting the chip back on (just plugging it in doesnt need power just connect the MAP loom to the main loom and plug in chip. start car and off you go???
Trying the chip in with no power to it WILL make your triton std again. This is a passthru mode designed into DPS215 as explained to me by robert... Excellent for troubleshooting ;)

Other than that take it ALL out.. (loom components) and connect the whole machine backup and give her another crank.. Although you could actually have caused a prob to SCV or similar by some terrible chance, theres a poss you just goofed the install?\

Either way HIDE THIS FACT from the dealer :!: :!:

You just have a dead car as far as they are concerned (and you probably not too happy about it) :mrgreen:

Did"nt you just have a rant about suss dealers :roll:
gnomes

Postby Notso on Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:43 am

I presume you have disconnected the battery for a while to reset the ecu?
Notso

Return to Warranty/Recalls