DI-D 07 ML Surging or hesitation issue

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Re: DI-D 07 ML Surging or hesitation issue

Postby boo-ya on Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:05 pm

Hope it goes well after all that Patto. :D
boo-ya

Postby patto on Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:44 pm

Your telling me - i cant believe i have been as patient as i have been.

I love the truck its just not going.

I sort of have it over the dealer at the moment - as i have ordered a new GLX-R for my buisness partner and have also ordered 2 tray back utility. But if im to sign the dotted line they ought to sort my car out first and tell your area services rep to pull his head in. Honestly this area rep Shane is the biggest embarrassment to Mitsubishi.

Basically he got in the car - and his words were " well your first mistake is you bought a 4wd in auto" that started the steam. he then went on what more do you want us to do the car still drives blah blah but then he hit on that Mitsub have spent money on dyno runs etc...I reashed into the ash tray and threw a piece of paper at him " he asked whats that " i advised him that it a receipt and dyno report for the dyno run that you suppossedly organised but was paid with by my credit card".. to say the least he was a little embarrassed.

He also let on a whole lot of other bull sh!t and basically just lied throughout the entire drive. Everything from suspension change can cause a power loss - advised him otherwise.

He then toucked on the larger profile tyres causing it. Advised him that the sppedo was out by 3% and with no noted loss of power.

Then the snorkel it has changed airflow - kindly directed him back to the dyno run where all airflow/ pressure was tested and all is up to scratch.

This went back and forth. But with a snake like that i can see how they can pull the wool over the average bloke who does not have a real clue.
I HATE THE GREENS!!!!!
patto

Postby hicko on Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:20 pm

MR T wrote:how are you guys getting so many k's to a tank im lucky to get 550 and thats driving like my gran :x

Just filled up today 732km 74lts ( pushed the limit ) 32in tyres
Remember we do not inherit the earth from our ancestors
We borrow it from our children

My best day at work is still not as good as my worse day fishing
“Aren’t you wishing you were fishing “
hicko

Postby MR T on Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:01 pm

yea ok hiko that didnt help :lol:
a smile is a sign of joy, a hug is a sign of love, a laugh is a sign of happiness and a friend like me...well...that's a sign of good taste.
MR T

Postby nev08 on Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:16 pm

I have the same sort of hesitation problem, booked in to take dealer tech for a drive and murphys law the hesitation was not as noticable as usual but i had already done 150k fairly quickly to get to dealer. The end result was after them having the ute all day was that its a "characteristic of the model" couldnt believe it. triton is running like a hung of shit using 15 % more diesel then normal and thats what they come up with. Dealer tried to blame it on mitsu saying they cant claim warranty work unless they have proof of the problem on there dianostic laptop. Going to give it to them overnight to do a cold run as now when starting cold if you rev it to aroun 2000 rmp it runs very ruff and blows shit loads of blue smoke.

Will update after next episode at the dealers.
nev08

Postby nev08 on Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:13 pm

Ute booked in for sleepover at dealer tuesday, problem has got worse feels like it is going to shite itself if you rev it when cold. :cry: like the new mods to the ute back of the new model but not sure bout the new motor sound s like a cop out not fixing the problems of the 3.2 who knows what problem the 2.5 may have. :evil:
nev08

Postby sam on Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:31 pm

Have you had the relpacement manifold fitted and the comp reflash done, if not might be the boost pressure port in the intake blocking up with carbon. :?:
If this has been done pease ignore my ramblings ;)
sam

Postby madpyro on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:06 pm

Ive been toldt he 2.5 DID that is in the base model 2wd tritons are haveing the same problems as the 3.2 DID's :( . I hope they have done a lot of homework to fix this problem.
madpyro

Postby blue vr on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:04 pm

my vr 3.2 does has all of the abouve probs intermintendly no mater if hot or cold (but worse when cold) day night engine rpm it also revs high when i change gear and makes it not smooth at all to drive its very phhhhaaaaaarrrrrrrrrkkkkkking anoying :evil: :x :roll:

my dealer said its normal they all do it so when you change gear it doesn't take to long to get back on boost i said to him why does it only do it 50% of the time he replied (BECAUSE) :| :roll: :? :D i just laughed at him and said yeah thats the kind of BS i would tell my customer if i didnt know what the problem was
by the way this was the great people at comonwealth motors in philip act :oops:

ps i also have the squeeking rear end
blue vr

Postby nev08 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:17 pm

Geting new set of injectors put in tomorrow under warranty, anyone have any idea what could have caused injector damage?
I had some luck, the tri stoped compleatly on way to dealer , restarting it the engine light came on, tech told me ecu said it was a fuel leak/pressure problem.
Get ute back tomorrow if parts come in, hope its fixed problem or shit will hit the fan.
nev08

Postby subi_man on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:31 pm

have you ever run biodiesel Nev?
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby nev08 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:10 pm

Feels like brand new, Dealer installed new injectors and cleaned manifold which is a new modified type but was still full of carbon. The interesting thing about the manifold according to the dealer is that the new modified manifold is only half of the compleate manifold so warranty only allows for the new half even if the other half is full of carbON, IT MUST BE A BIG PROBLEM AS LOCAL DEALER HAS A FEW SPARE AS HE SENDS THE DIRTY MANIFOLDS TO A ENGINE REBUILDER to be acid bathed and tells me mitu doesnt reimburse them for it ( so they say)
The tri is going 100% BETTER WHICH MAKES YOIU RELISE HOW CRAP IT WAS GOING, tHE BOOST IS so much earlier and stronger, engine braking better and altogether much smoother and pleasant to drive.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :shock: :shock: :shock:
nev08

Postby sam on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:17 pm

Mate make sure you put an EGR blanking plate in asap so you don't have the same prob again ;)
sam

Postby GLX-R Alex on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:35 pm

PM me for an EGR blanking plate. Its the only way to stop carbon buildup and blockage re-occurance..
GLX-R Alex

Postby andostriton on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:04 pm

Mine doing this also, surges only when the engine is hot, after a 40-50km run, surges under light acceloration. Has been back to the dealer 3 times, 1st time they cleaned the turbo and associated pipes, 2nd time they replaced the inlet manifold and gave it new software upgrades, 3rd time the gave it another software upgrade. It's got to go back in 2 weeks when Mitsubishi release the latest software fix, apparently this is the ONE that'll do the job. We'll see
andostriton

Postby mr manfringinsen on Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:21 pm

I have had this surging pretty bad between 1800 - 2200 rpm, hot or cold. I have just crimped the vacuum line to the Swirl Control Valve and it appears to have fixed the bulk of the symptoms. It is still noticeable but I am sensitive to it now. I wouldn't really notice it if this was the first time I had ever driven the truck. There is some talk I have seen on other threads about blocking this line with a ball bearing or the like.
Now I have to figure out whether it is the carbon build up in the lower manifold not allowing them to open sooner and causing the hesitation, or the ECU holding them shut for too long because of some other problem. The manual states it shuts these valves during light fuel and lower engine speed requirements. If 'something' is causing the ECU to supply a light fuel load and subsequently closing the valves, then the 'something' is the problem, not the valves. I guess that's the long way of saying I want to find out if it is the cause or the symptom.
I have only driven to town and back as well. approx 50km's. The problems may surface again.
I haven't reset the ECU yet either to see if it adapts in a positive or negative manner.
Half the people you know are below average.
mr manfringinsen

Postby tav43 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm

i have a 08 3.2 ltr manle did n got 1870 from my ute....full 75 ltr tank +5 jerrys@20ltrs each...not sure wat that is in l/100ks..... also get a bit of surging (take my ft off the loud pedal n it keeps going for a few secs)..(quick fix stomp on the clutch)...saves running up some1,s bum...ect
tav43

Postby gowie77 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:56 pm

Hey fellas, this is what happened to my 07 Diesel, its manual. About 1 year ago i was driving along the freeway in 5th gear and it started shuddering a bit, kind of like I should have been in 4th gear. I thought oh maybe I am in too high a gear and went to 4th but then it was revving heaps. So I sat on 105km/hr instead of 100 and it was all good. So about 6 months ago i was going around a corner and there was like an intermittent loss of power and then it picked up and a small puff of black smoke and it was all good, it did it then next day and then never did it again. I still have the issue with driving at 100. Anwyay about 1 week ago I was at the lights, I put her into 1st and went to take off and it was so so slow, like i was towing a car with its brakes on. I had my foot flat to the floor and then I eased off and it surged kind of like the turbo kicked in and let out a big cloud of black smoke. I kept driving and was doing about 50 and then put my foot down to increase speed and it was kind of non existant. A few days later the engine light came on and I called mitsi in WA. I booked it in, the removed the inlet manifold and said it was really blocked up, cleaned a few other hoses and pipes and they reflashed the computer. They said something about the diesel in Australia being dirtier than that of where the car was produced so the reflash chanhes the fuel/air ratios and other crap and that it wont happen again. It was all free of charge and they even gave the complete engine a flush to clean it out, all free of charge and under warranty. I picked it up and couldnt believe how much better it drove, so much more power and accelaration as if it was brand new. I guess over the 3 years I have owned it I never noticed the small loss in power. I even took off the other day in 2nd gear and went around a corner and accidentally spun the wheels, I guess it because I was so use to having to put my foot down that little but extra... hope this helps...
gowie77

Previous

Return to Warranty/Recalls