DI-D 07 ML Surging or hesitation issue

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Postby smijas on Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:05 pm

Hi All,

Just wondering if any 07 ml DI-D owners on this forum have had surging or hesitation issues. Specificaly in the 1800-2200 rpm range. Thier seem to be a few including mine and the fixes are various. Would like to know if a fix has worked for your issue

thanks
smijas

Postby Buzzy on Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:12 pm

Mines OK, I heard about this somewhere before cant remember where :-)

.... Where's you pics smijas???
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby subi_man on Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:45 pm

Mine only surges when it's first driven in the mornings, and after it's warmed up there's no problems evident.

I [i]believe[/i] a reflash of your ECU by your dealer will help rectify this and some noisyness of the injectors as well, but I am yet to have this done to mine

Hope that helps
Andrew
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby Austblue on Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:20 am

Mine definitely does it. I had it reflashed but I think my dealer botched it so I haven't been back to get it done again.
Austblue

Postby Berg on Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:28 am

Mines the same as Subi's, only first take off when cold, fine after that. Didn't know about the reflash though.
Berg

Postby smijas on Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:48 am

pics comming soon buzzy just gotta sort them out.

So far they have told me that the latest batch cant be re-flashed they need to replace the chip. They have replaced the fuel suction valve which reduced harshness but problem does still exist.

I have heard reports of it being quite violent and still existing even after a re-flash.

There was also a rumor that the vacum hoses played a part as well.

So far my local dealer has 2 of them with the issue.

smijas

Postby Buzzy on Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:52 am

Hey guys excuse my ignorance but what is a re-flash supposed to do? :oops:
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby High Country on Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:47 am

Mines same as Subi's - much like having a sticky throttle when its cold. Only started to do it after it'd done 4000 kms............
Tip # 1 - Avoid stress & grief & low resale values with vehicles - do it once - do it right, buy a HILUX!!
High Country

Postby Austblue on Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:52 am

re-flash is like a re-program with a new fuel map
Austblue

Postby sam on Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:02 am

Mine had the sticky throttle issue when new and was a bit of a pain and then they did the REFLASH and things got worse.
After the reflash it started to hesitate a bit at 1800 to 2100/2200 and then progressively got worse. After stuffing around doing another reflash and pump pressure release valve they just put a whole new computer into it and hey presto problem solved.
They put the old model comp into it so I haven't been game to do a reflash on it after the last effort. :o
Going great now and has got a fair bit quieter as the K's get up a bit .
sam

Postby 4wding on Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:18 am

I have all these problems too. The played around with the vacuum hoses and told me to report back after 2k, I did that and they don't want to do anything more even though the problems are still there.

Would be nice if Mitsu just came out with a blanket statement saying there is a problem, here is the fix. Or list of things to fix. I'm sick of trying to convince the service department that I have a problem.
4wding

Postby sam on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:31 am

Mate don't take no for an answer.
I finished up with the state service manager and took him for a drive . It was so bad he just said fix it and I told them that I was going on holidays and I needed it to be right as we were going to some pretty remote areas.
They just put a new computer straight in;)
sam

Postby destorman on Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:12 pm

Yep, do not take NO ...

Print this thread and take it in to your service manager ...

Get to the area / state manager .. give him a copy.

Also, ring 'customer service' at Misti, and tell them you've had enough ... send them a copy.

And, if you need, make a sign, put it on your Triton, sit out the front of the dealership, especially if they have a 'big sale' weekend and offer "FREE TEST DRIVES" ... you'll soon get the dealer's attention.

Yes, I've done all of the above in the past and FINALLY got a problem fixed by Holden with a Commodore I owned ...

It was the last action that really got the problem solved.
The best surfer is the one having the most fun ... :mrgreen:
destorman

Postby andyj on Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:10 am

I've had the problem of injector noise at the same revs and they re-flashed it at 24000 and it lasted 2 days but now its back and the sticky throttle, this only occurred afetr the re-flash, its due the 30000 in the next 3 weeks so they can sort it out or i will speak to the owner of the dealership, it worked last time
Andy
Or as Speedy Gonzalez once said, it won't hurt, did it
andyj

Postby Magilla on Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:36 am

My car does it when its cold for about five or six blocks. When your driveway is twenty metres from the first corner it does take some thinking in the morning to avoid shooting out into the road some time after you let off the throttle. I always thought it was some sort of choke/cold run type o thing
Magilla

Postby jdev on Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:03 pm

Hmmm, now that you guys mention it, mine does both, surge and hesitate. And not just when it is cold, always, in that exact rev range. I thought it must be like that, but obviously not. :oops:
Mine is the 2.5 DI-D, UK version, so it seems like a global issue. :eek: Will definately visit Mr. Dealer soon.
jdev

Postby maclan on Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:33 am

Mine also does the surging and hesitation thing - dealer told me that a team of Mitsi techs are in Aus working on a fix but several weeks and still no word. I think Mitsi must be getting the message by now as my dealer says he has a number of irate owners with the same problem. Engine in mine is also very noisy - could the problems be related?
maclan

Postby andyj on Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:08 am

We need to send more emails to robert through the mitsubishi web site it worked for the squeak
Andy
andyj

Postby newending on Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:22 am

I've had this problem for over a year now. They've reflashed twice and still not fixed. Kind of good to know others have it happening too. Looks like i'll be taking this thread into the dealer with me this week. Thanks.
newending

Postby andyj on Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:08 pm

They are taking the computer out to reprogramme it when they do the squeaky springs just waiting on some other parts to turn up. (Can't mention canopies if Mantis is around)
:) ;) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :roll:
andyj

Re: DI-D 07 ML Surging or hesitation issue

Postby cyberhonky on Tue May 12, 2009 5:07 pm

guess what mine has just started doing in the last week or so :?
Grammar: Lesson 1- Capitalisation.

Capitalisation (n), is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
cyberhonky
Platinum Subscriber

Postby patto on Wed May 13, 2009 8:20 am

Im still having the reving issues - it just wont pull. Went to pick the car up on monday they said all done went for a drive and straight up rolling along at 80kph put my foot into it and not much response. The dealer service manager dare not give me any excuse. He saw the staem coming from ears.

Got back and he said there is not much else we can do we have done everything - i basically said everything is not good enough. he then went on said the airflow from the snorkel may be the problem blah blah basically told him thats bull sh!t.

I gave them till the weekend - if not running right by then a clearly explained to them and they know that i can get my car parked in some of sydneys most busiest foot predestrian areas .E.g Martin Place and not get it moved thanks to my line of work. And convieniently have a nice big sign advising people why not to buy one. Im at wits end and am seriously considering going legal given them more than enough time.
I HATE THE GREENS!!!!!
patto

Postby Peruano on Wed May 13, 2009 9:27 am

Add another one to the list... Mine is sticking sometimes and the surging. I've stopped going to Mitsubishi after I got sick of the BS regarding the rear end squeek. I've starting getting services at ARB and have yet to have a single noise from the rear end in 20,000kms. I too scared to go back to my Mitsubishi dealer with this problem so I might get ARB to look into it next service...
Pete
"when I was young my parents moved around a lot...... but I always managed to find them"
Peruano

Postby craigs on Wed May 13, 2009 10:55 am

I've got the cold surge thing happening too!
Pull the foot off the accelerator coasting up to the first intersection it coasts for a second then wham into hard engine braking. In the carpark on cold mornings after nightshift recently I have had it bunny hopping a couple of times. Once it warms up everything is fine.
Such is life.
craigs

Postby GLSTOY on Thu May 21, 2009 4:40 am

just reading through the threads here getting some noledge on my truck, and only noticed it at four this morning, my truck hesitated to but its only done it the once since i have had it,
GLSTOY

Next

Return to Warranty/Recalls