Warranty Refusal.

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Re: Warranty Refusal.

Postby trouble on Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:31 pm

I got one replaced as well under warranty!!
I Love The Mods!
Ban everyone!
trouble

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:05 pm

Those who got a replacement - perhaps it would be more helpful if you added in how the cv broke, whether you had a lift and/or bigger tyres as well as what story the dealer was told about the damage.

For that matter if we're going down that path we'd want posts from those who got knocked back and those who knew straight up not to even ask... In that last category we could put about 10 for Geek, 2 for 4wd26, 1 for Mattz (maybe more), one for snowie, 2 for Naff, a couple for trickydevil, a couple for Fridgie - the list goes on.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby snowman on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:49 pm

yep, me personally i wouldn't even waste my time asking with the lift.

that said when i think it is a genuine warranty i fight hard!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: Damn diff. :roll:
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby salt36 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:13 pm

I would not bother trying for warranty for CV or most things now actually....
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby fridgie on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:16 pm

I always ask the warranty question of Lee-thal every time she needs something new :lol: :lol:

Except cv's, I just ask for a good price ;)
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby DocBassett on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:55 pm

I didn't bother asking to have my cv replaced, because I'd have had to come up with a pretty awesome lie to get it past the stealers. But having said that, it can't hurt to ask, because if they say yes, you get a $1000 genuine cv for nothing instead of paying $200 for a repco or bursons. I know which I'd rather. Bit seeing as it took me 4 trips to them to get my manifold replaced, I wouldn't hold my breath for cv replacement :lol:
DocBassett

Postby trouble on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:08 pm

Lift and larger tyres, and still replaced under warranty.
They did say that it will be the first and last time for a CV.
I Love The Mods!
Ban everyone!
trouble

Postby mattz on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:09 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:Those who got a replacement - perhaps it would be more helpful if you added in how the cv broke, whether you had a lift and/or bigger tyres as well as what story the dealer was told about the damage.

For that matter if we're going down that path we'd want posts from those who got knocked back and those who knew straight up not to even ask... In that last category we could put about 10 for Geek, 2 for 4wd26, 1 for Mattz (maybe more), one for snowie, 2 for Naff, a couple for trickydevil, a couple for Fridgie - the list goes on.

Also.....those that had them replaced may want to let everyone else know when they had them replaced.
I have a feeling mits may have approved them in the early days, until they realised what sort of liability they would be in for if they continued replacing them under warranty.

BTW Dave........at least 4 I can recall. :roll: including the one I had to deliberately wreck so I could limp home. :evil: :(
I'd be surprised if Mits continue to warrant them........the are a part that wears after all.

They wear out quicker for some. :lol:
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby Scale on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:32 pm

A question to those that have changed their CV to repco/bursons brand are they inferior compaired to the Mits ones? The reason I'm asking is the massive price difference.
Scale

Postby mattz on Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:05 pm

Scale wrote:A question to those that have changed their CV to repco/bursons brand are they inferior compaired to the Mits ones? The reason I'm asking is the massive price difference.

The Mits ones are stronger but also 6-7 times the price.
I wouldn't say they are 6-7 times better though.
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:23 pm

Having said that Geek had a couple that lasted a while. They certainly lasted longer than the repco ones, those seemed to come out in pieces... You can get some of wreckers for similar money to the new Bursons ones but then you don't know what sort of life they've had before you got them. There are also some places that will reco the OEM ones depending on the nature of the damage you do to them, they're not all capable of salvage.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby borngeek on Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:37 pm

Last count I am up around 15 CV's now :roll: I would not even dare ask for warranty. :lol:

I will link in the CV change thread for Scale. http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7397&p=233083#p233083

//burson are much better than repco. by a country mile. ;)
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Scale on Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:32 pm

borngeek wrote:Last count I am up around 15 CV's now :roll: I would not even dare ask for warranty. :lol:

I will link in the CV change thread for Scale. http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7397&p=233083#p233083

//burson are much better than repco. by a country mile. ;)

Thank geek didn't think to look :roll:
Scale

Postby cram on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:29 pm

considering the new car sales market you would think service departments would be doing every thing in there power to make a good impression to all there clients

mate stuffed up his diff on a Triton GLX other day out in Innamincka way

front diff lock stuffed up and he had to some road side work to make the vehicle drive home back to Broken Hill service manager said he should not have touched it and he may not get it fixed under warranty

it was 7 pm sunday night he was half way between Innamincka and Tibooburra and had to be at work monday morning so what do you do .

in the end the sales man who sold him the car six weeks before hand smoothed everything out but why cause agro the guy was annoyed at the brand new car let him down mechanically in a remote place

he got it fixed all under warranty
cram

Postby har05l on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:33 pm

As the front diff lock is not an oem feature I think your mate is very lucky to have gotten warranty cover :o

As with any aftermarket mod you need to be careful what you do, especially in regards to mechanic/running gear mods

He may want to get a lottery ticket as luck is on his side ;)
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:45 pm

Sounds a bit like the dealer fitted the front locker. Regardless, it would still have been under manufacturer warranty so getting it fixed is what you'd expect.

Anyway, alls well that ends well, I guess.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Probz on Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:37 am

Would anyone think MMAL could refuse an overheating claim if you have a snorkel with after market overflow bottle fitted? I'm keen to get one as I live in an area with a lot of rivers I'm just concerned if I have one of the shitty 2.5s that go bang I might not get it fixed
Probz

Postby ag9111 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:55 am

should not be a problem.
the engine is a known issue that mitsubishi acknowledges.
As long as that is the cause of the problem they will cover it.They strip the head off to check.the mode of failure.
I know of 3 failed engines running with snorkels, that have been warranted. One even just outside the warranty period.
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Probz on Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:34 am

Thanks for the response I'm hoping I'm lucky by having the last of the mn's but just didn't want to take chances
Probz

Postby Mmtriton2006 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:35 am

Hi all it seems to me that Mitsubishi have a major customer relations issue with warranty problems I have accessed this site a a means of finding fixes etc for my daughters 2007 Pajero and 2006 3.2 Triton
The clutch in my daughters Pajero failed at35000 klms results MM didn't want to know about it when we dismantled the clutch we found the clutch itself was ok but it seems the thrust bearing pulled through the fingers hardly a user problem anyway put in new clutch with a solid fly wheel put in a slightly shor ter push rod all good now car has done 150 k since the Triton has been a good workhorse although we are having a few issues now with what appears to be a an unburnt fuel problem the motor has a knocking noise at about 2000 revs rattles and then smokes up severely blue smoke by the way ?took it to a couple local mechanics but they really have not got a clue my question is can anyone point me in the right direction on this site where I might get a few pointers :!:
Mmtriton2006

Postby Probz on Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:28 am

It's not just MMAL that has customer relations issues they are all equally as bad, I had a VE Commodore with more issues than it had km's and each time to get anything fixed at any of the 3 local dealers I had to get extremely annoyed with them before they'd fix anything. It got to the point at one dealership where the service manager would run out the office when I came in
Probz

Postby Hopeithurt on Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:38 pm

Probz wrote:Would anyone think MMAL could refuse an overheating claim if you have a snorkel with after market overflow bottle fitted? I'm keen to get one as I live in an area with a lot of rivers I'm just concerned if I have one of the shitty 2.5s that go bang I might not get it fixed

Didn't worry them with mine.
Hopeithurt

Previous

Return to Warranty/Recalls