Warranty Refusal.

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Warranty Refusal.

Postby Wirtzy on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:43 pm

Has anyone heard of Mitsubishi refusing warranty claims due to people taking their Tritons off road, as in either off a gazetted road or in more extreme cases onto bush tracks, 4wd tracks, beach etc. :?:
Regards,

WIRTZY
Wirtzy

Re: Warranty Refusal.

Postby jop on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:53 pm

No - have you?
jop

Postby Helmut79 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:55 pm

It's a 4x4 what else is it for? Going to Church :evil:
Cheers Mick

The darkness of the soul is not lighted be moving the body to another place
Helmut79

Postby 4wd26 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:55 pm

no but depends on the part- I wouldn't think a bash plate or diff actuator would be covered by warrenty due to driving a 4wd track
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby mad992 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:42 pm

hey wirtzy,
mate not in the manner that you talk about, but i would think if your book is not stamped
i think you would be screwed :?
mad992

Postby tassie_ml on Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:54 pm

we need some specifics wirtzy, not everything on the vehicle is covered in the warranty....
Mark

07 Cyber Blue GLX R with a few mods

sent from my mobile rock using smoke signals
tassie_ml

Postby aiden71 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:08 pm

Yeah me.....split cv boot after 13k and they wanted to charge me $60 to diagnose it WTF.
I did my block and told them to shove thier service up their you know what and that I would never spend another dollar with them ever again. Apparently spending over 100k in vechiles at the Darwin Dealership means squat.
aiden71

Postby tassie_ml on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:19 pm

aiden71 wrote:Yeah me.....split cv boot after 13k and they wanted to charge me $60 to diagnose it WTF.
I did my block and told them to shove thier service up their you know what and that I would never spend another dollar with them ever again. Apparently spending over 100k in vechiles at the Darwin Dealership means squat.

I know what you mean Aiden. Hobart is the same, they know your only option is to travel a fair distance so competition is next to none and customer service goes out the window.....ba$tards :evil: :evil: :evil:
Mark

07 Cyber Blue GLX R with a few mods

sent from my mobile rock using smoke signals
tassie_ml

Postby NTBB on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:43 pm

aiden71 wrote:Yeah me.....split cv boot after 13k and they wanted to charge me $60 to diagnose it WTF.

Darwin Mitsubishi is one of the worst dealers in oz IMO.... :evil:
I bought my 4wd out of NEED not want.
NTBB

Postby andyj on Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:44 pm

NTBB wrote:

I agree nearly punched the service manager when he suggested we drove 4000k+ with a stuffed spring and a trailer on th eback with 3 kids.................
Or as Speedy Gonzalez once said, it won't hurt, did it
andyj

Postby 900canoes on Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:26 pm

When the PB Challenger was released in Oz, Mitsubishi even had a Dakar Rally driver showing what it could do in the rough. Double standards maybe? I'm sure someone eventually purchased that demo model. :roll:
A more recent advert showed the Triton scorching around a mine site and some sheila claiming she only got her "load" once a week now. :twisted:
PB Challenger
900canoes

Postby willyd on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:30 pm

we brought our 2011 glxr in april this year after we took delivery I noticed what I thought to be surface rust on all of the wheel nuts I took it to the service dept and showed the workshop foreman and he said it was just paint I insisted it was rust but he dismissed me.soItook it to my sons mechanic workshop and removed all of the wheels and buffed and lubricated the rust off.BUT when I had the wheels off all of the hubs were very rusty and the wheels were corroded around where the hub fits the wheel it appears that the vehicle has sat in water half way up the wheels this car was delivered to townsville just after the brisbane floods,my concern was has water gotten into the wheel bearings so back to the dealer , firstly I was told that they pulled the bearings apart and found no water in them,I asked how that was possible as they are sealed bearings he contradicted me ,I told him that I was a retired mechanic with more than 35 years experience and he was fibbing to the wrong person.we ended taking the car back 4 times and after being told many lies still nothing has been done. I contacted mitsubishi Australia that was a waste of time they have recorded my concern about wheelbearing failure and say they will cover under warranty if a problem occurs but how can a new vehicle be let through pre delivery inspection with this problem? also they had to replace all of the glass in my car due to imperfections but that is a whole other drama : :( willyd
willyd

Postby Kegsy on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:47 pm

From a warranty point of view, they can't replace the wheel bearings if they are operating fine. You'll have to wait for a failure to get a replacement.

Otherwise anyone could go into a dealer and say there could be a problem with my <insert part> and it needs to be replaced.

It is indeed a shame a new vehicle is delivered this way, at least you've logged the problems with mitsu and you'll be covered if something goes bad. If it should go back with the wheel bearings soon, hopefully you'll have greater push to get all corners replaced.
Triton be gone :cry:
Kegsy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby RHKTriton on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:42 am

Well Willyd

You've got to make sure that you don't bust the wheel bearings when they seize up and take you into a tree..hey! Warranty won't cover em if you abused them.

Pre-deliverys are a joke - I had a Commodore years ago that was scrubbing one of the front tyres out fairly rapidly. Took it to a tyre joint and wheel alignment on this one wheel was miles out. When I went to the dealer i qizzed how this could have got past pre-dil. and the answer was that alignment wasn't checked..WtF?

If your vehicle has a "tide mark" it may be worth checking out your sills, etc.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby brincon on Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:20 pm

clutch failed 17kms after i took it in there twice saying i can smell it burning as soon as i put it in 4x4 i was told it was a plastic bag on transfer case both times then it failed. snaped a front left cv wouldnt touch it as i was 4x4 squeaking rear springs didn want to no about it. i gave him what for and the dealer
brincon

Postby Sky Miner on Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:43 am

andyj wrote:
NTBB wrote:

I agree nearly punched the service manager when he suggested we drove 4000k+ with a stuffed spring and a trailer on th eback with 3 kids.................

LMAO
Yea me too when i went in to get a trade in price on a new GLX 4x4 diesel auto from Darwin mitsu....almost did the same (punched the stealer out)thats why i went to Adelaid to buy one.(Mayby one for the Rant thred) :twisted:

Anyway back on subject, this Warranty does have me worried when it come to "MODIFICTION'S" :o ie: suspenstion mods,
bigger tyers,costom 'tradies'fitouts,towbars ect.ect. For exampl if i fit bigger tyers to my rig and a axle snaps i have to prove to MMAL that the oversise tyes did NOT cause this failure, but ofcause i can then argue the point that it was a driveline failure and was going to fail anyway.....and round and round we go :roll: (this is only a small example, i have read about a suspenstion Mod (airbag) that caused a major failure in the chasie causing it to bend/break , MMAL claim was it was overloaded causing the break/owner claims it was a desighn fault, and blah,blah ect around we go (again) so you can see where this can go when it does come to mods, And the car is still uner warrenty,Millions of $$$ has been spent on R/D to make these vehicles the way thay are,and with the "SMALL" market mods that thay (MMAL) are offering !Ttoo modify it even further must fall on the owner for such mods This can be a real GREY area when it comes to warranty claims hence why im a little bit hesatent to start fitting out my MN with such mods :?
So you allso gotta see both sides of the coin, Fit the mods and take responsibllity for it :| and expect no help from MMAL or leave the damn thing alone till warrenty expires and then turn your beast loose. :)
My view on Warrenty
End rant ;)
Ever noticed if somebody is driving slower than you is an idiot,
and anyone going faster than you is also an idiot?
Sky Miner

Postby coxy47 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:02 pm

Sky Miner wrote:Anyway back on subject, this Warranty does have me worried when it come to "MODIFICTION'S" :o ie: suspenstion mods,
bigger tyers,costom 'tradies'fitouts,towbars ect.ect. For exampl if i fit bigger tyers to my rig and a axle snaps i have to prove to MMAL that the oversise tyes did NOT cause this failure, but ofcause i can then argue the point that it was a driveline failure and was going to fail anyway.....and round and round we go :roll: (this is only a small example, i have read about a suspenstion Mod (airbag) that caused a major failure in the chasie causing it to bend/break , MMAL claim was it was overloaded causing the break/owner claims it was a desighn fault, and blah,blah ect around we go (again) so you can see where this can go when it does come to mods, And the car is still uner warrenty,Millions of $$$ has been spent on R/D to make these vehicles the way thay are,and with the "SMALL" market mods that thay (MMAL) are offering !Ttoo modify it even further must fall on the owner for such mods This can be a real GREY area when it comes to warranty claims hence why im a little bit hesatent to start fitting out my MN with such mods :?
So you allso gotta see both sides of the coin, Fit the mods and take responsibllity for it :| and expect no help from MMAL or leave the damn thing alone till warrenty expires and then turn your beast loose. :)
My view on Warrenty
End rant ;)

My personal opinion is the warranty is pretty good. Im pretty sure that if something fails, to refuse the warranty MMAL actually have to prove the modifcation caused or contributed to it not you have to prove it didnt.

As for the case with the airbags, I to have seen that and i believe there is a thread about it. Without knowing the specifics and not meaning to offend anyone who uses airbags, there is a good chance that the airbags contributed to that. While it is certainly possible to have airbags in the rear and never encounter a problem its a simple fact that it adds stress to the chassis in a way that it was not designed for.

Just my 2 cents.
coxy47

Postby headake on Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:52 pm

Helmut79 wrote:It's a 4x4 what else is it for? Going to Church :evil:
well if you come to our church ( living springs) on some days you need a 4wd to get to it specially after a good rain
I MAKE KIDS CRY
headake

Postby Scale on Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:56 pm

There is a 2012 MN in town owned by some young guy my apprentice goes wheeling with and he heard a pop in the front when he was trying to get up over a small rock face never thought anymore about it then notices he's 4 wheel drive wasn't working in the front, after a couple of weeks thought he would get it looked at so he took it to the local dealer the dealer said that he had snapped the front axle and that it couldn't be replace under warranty because he had different wheels and tyre on it.
He explained to them that he had put them on after it happened (which is the truth) but they still won't fix it.
So anyone that has changed you're rims/tyres you may have trouble if claiming warranty.
Has anyone else had this happen?
Scale

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:05 pm

I assume from the description that you mean he broke a CV? Putting bigger tyres does add additional stress to a CV joint so to me they have a basis for arguing what they have. Driving it for a couple of weeks could have done a lot of damage potentially if it was a broken CV.

And yes if it's a CV then many people have snapped them. Part and parcel of going offroad unless you're very careful. Tell him to grab an aftermarket one from Bursons. Will cost way less than genuine if that's what it is that he's broken.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Scale on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:23 am

I'll ask today as I'm the same as you CD I wouldn't think he would be driving around with a broken axle, with most warranty's if they can dodge a bullet they will.
Scale

Postby Scale on Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:55 am

Yeah it was a CV
Scale

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:09 am

Yeah well I think you'd have to be very lucky to get a busted CV done under warranty, particularly if you're running bigger tyres and/or a suspension lift. Anyway a replacement from Bursons should be under $200 and there's a PDF guide on the forum for how to change them. Less than half an hour's work once you know what you're doing. Call it an hour if you're being careful and it's your first one.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby irwazza on Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:05 am

I got 2 replaced under warranty at the same time. Definently possible.
irwazza

Postby Scale on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:09 am

Cowboy Dave wrote:Yeah well I think you'd have to be very lucky to get a busted CV done under warranty, particularly if you're running bigger tyres and/or a suspension lift. Anyway a replacement from Bursons should be under $200 and there's a PDF guide on the forum for how to change them. Less than half an hour's work once you know what you're doing. Call it an hour if you're being careful and it's your first one.

Thanx for the heads up CD I'll pass the info on, might even give him a hand to change it out just for future reference. ;)
Scale

Next

Return to Warranty/Recalls