Mitsubishi Canopies

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Re: Mitsubishi Canopies

Postby bunloz on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:01 am

Finally got a refund for the 3rd Mits canopy and have ordered on from ARB - cant wait to have it fitted. An now in negotiations with Mits Customer service about some compo for fuel and time - have already been back 10 time and still have another trip to get the crap one removed.
bunloz

Postby bunloz on Mon May 02, 2011 3:25 pm

Mits dealer have just removed the old canopy, and wiring harness in exchange for a refund cheque - I then went direct to get an ARB canopy fitted, I cant believe the difference! should have done that ages ago.
bunloz

Mitsubishi Canopies

Postby Anfos on Mon May 02, 2011 4:13 pm

Yep, very happy with our ARB one too. Also should have done it from the start. Took 6 weeks to get refund from Mitsubishi tho!

Sent from Anfos's iPhone using Tapatalk
Anfos

2010 MN GLX-R
Pioneer Argyle SE
Anfos

Postby GLX-R Alex on Tue May 10, 2011 11:05 am

Never had a drama with my factory fitted ML canopy. Rear glass has been great from day 1. The only maintenance I have done in the last year is spray the lock and hinges to stop a squeak.
GLX-R Alex

Postby andyj on Tue May 10, 2011 9:09 pm

GLX-R Alex wrote:Never had a drama with my factory fitted ML canopy. Rear glass has been great from day 1. The only maintenance I have done in the last year is spray the lock and hinges to stop a squeak.

Similar sprayed the lock to clean out the red dust and I have replaced the lock but only because it was cheaper than getting another spare key........
Or as Speedy Gonzalez once said, it won't hurt, did it
andyj

Postby aframe1967 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:05 pm

Just had my rear canopy glass shatter whilst vehicle parked. It has been adjusted three times including having an entire new locking mechanism installed. What dealer accepted that shattering is part of the ongoing alignment issues as I won't be real happy about having to pay for a replacement.
aframe1967

Postby A blue dog on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:41 pm

aframe1967 wrote:Just had my rear canopy glass shatter whilst vehicle parked. It has been adjusted three times including having an entire new locking mechanism installed. What dealer accepted that shattering is part of the ongoing alignment issues as I won't be real happy about having to pay for a replacement.
Vehicle purchased February 2010 with a Mitsubishi canopy. Would not close from day one. After many frustrating attempts (three dealers) to have the problem fixed, took the vehicle to Blue Ribbon Motors Ipswich Q......after checking out the canopy, they advised me that Mitsubishi would replace the canopy under warranty.
Back window now shuts without effort, even though the side windows are hard to slide.
A blue dog

Postby Mongrel on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:28 pm

I am waiting on a replacement sports canopy as my side window will not seal.

The rest of the canopy is fine, bar the window on the drivers side.

If they next one is rubbish, it will be a refund for me - which they have already agreed to.

My question is, what price are the other canopies fetching?
Ain't Nothing Like a Mongrel. :twisted:
Mongrel

Postby A blue dog on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:59 pm

I am pretty sure the Mitsubishi canopy was around $2300....and I believe that there are better quality canopies around at much the same figure.

Maybe I should run my new canopy through a car wash!!

ABD :? :?
A blue dog

Postby DAW on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:20 pm

A blue dog wrote:
aframe1967 wrote:Just had my rear canopy glass shatter whilst vehicle parked. It has been adjusted three times including having an entire new locking mechanism installed. What dealer accepted that shattering is part of the ongoing alignment issues as I won't be real happy about having to pay for a replacement.
Vehicle purchased February 2010 with a Mitsubishi canopy. Would not close from day one. After many frustrating attempts (three dealers) to have the problem fixed, took the vehicle to Blue Ribbon Motors Ipswich Q......after checking out the canopy, they advised me that Mitsubishi would replace the canopy under warranty.
Back window now shuts without effort, even though the side windows are hard to slide.

DAW - Not good to hear, We have just ordered a new GLXR, was going to have the gen mitsu trade style canopy, not so sure now? have priced ARB,no real difference in $, thought the rear door channel and being lined out was a good thing on the genuine, will prob reconsider?
DAW

Postby Mongrel on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:29 am

My OEM Sports canopy came in at 2900. Yesterday I found the breakdown from the dealer! :o
Mongrel

Postby gregned on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:31 am

DAW Look at EGR canopies they are a bit taller than Trade style (I have this one) mob on eBay doing them for $2400 delivered I'm seriously considering swapping to this one as I have put drawers in and now the dogs are cramped.
Hills maketh the man
Why do you have to ride today? Because getting fat never takes holidays
gregned

Mitsubishi Canopies

Postby Crash486 on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:22 pm

If you want low cost and don't need a canopy right now, graysonline have canopies from time to time
Eg http://www.google.com.au/search?q=canop ... 81&bih=603
Crash486

Postby peleroda on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:03 pm

I had the ARB canopy fitted by dealer at the purchase of my MN GLXR in April last year. I had my first rear window shatter 6 weeks later whilst parked in the car park. ARB replaced it as a warranty claim. Went to Central Aus in Sep last year and had a second rear glass shatter 18km north of Coober Pedy. Replaced by ARB in Adelaide who charged me for it. Letter of complaint sent to ARB back in Melbourne who whilst helpful would only offer discount on future purchase not a refund. Canopy is good for access for work gear and camping but seal is pretty ordinary at the corners due to poor design. Photos may still be in Canopy Thread.
Cheers
Peleroda
Smile, it makes people wonder what you have been up to!
peleroda

Postby DAW on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:36 pm

gregned wrote:DAW Look at EGR canopies they are a bit taller than Trade style (I have this one) mob on eBay doing them for $2400 delivered I'm seriously considering swapping to this one as I have put drawers in and now the dogs are cramped.

Gregned - Cheers thanks for the tip, googled them, personal choice thing I wasnt real keen on the lower black strip on the rear door, have spoke to "Carryboy" in Vic, bit more $ but seems the quality is there, I hope??!!. Killer is the freight when Im in tassie
DAW

Postby Mongrel on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:41 pm

That is one of the reasons I went with the OEM sports canopy - the rear glass is surrounded by metal on all 4 sides, sort of like a window. I have a mate who lost a rear ARB canopy window before too.
Mongrel

Postby aframe1967 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:36 am

Had the canopy replaced on Tuesday with one from the new batch. So far so good. Am off to Fraser for a week so we will see how it goes on rough terrain.
aframe1967

Mitsubishi Canopies

Postby Mongrel on Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:48 am

Cool. Mine gets replaced on Thursday.
Mongrel

Postby cage1144 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:24 pm

After getting a refund on my gen Mitso canopy purchased a flexiglass with central locking, couldnt be more pleased.
cage1144

Postby dannomy11 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:53 pm

hi all

i picked up my 2011 glx-r last saturday 16-7-2011, with gen mits high top on it, and the rear window would not lock on LHS at all, seal is pretty crap, dealer will repair the lock but does not want to know about the sealing issue

so i will have to wait and see how my canopy goes
dannomy11

Mitsubishi Canopies

Postby dan.batto on Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:04 pm

DAW wrote:Gregned - Cheers thanks for the tip, googled them, personal choice thing I wasnt real keen on the lower black strip on the rear door, have spoke to "Carryboy" in Vic, bit more $ but seems the quality is there, I hope??!!. Killer is the freight when Im in tassie

Jump on the boat mate! I live 2 minutes from carry boy, went down and looked at their displays. Quality yes! Guy there slams them shut on his displays, only thing is it has 2 handles, if that doesn't bother you!
If I'm of some help to you feel free to PM me! Seeing as I'm so close!
dan.batto

Postby sheynolds on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:11 pm

Hey All - New to this forum and just purchased a GLX-R with a Genuine Canopy.
The Canopy was fitted last week but have had the vehicle 2 weeks.
I'm interested to hear if anyone else with the genuine canopy has had it trimmed to allow the tailgate to open. It looks like someone has taken to it with a chainsaw triming about 4mm off it on either side. Everytime I look at the back of the vehicle its the first thing I see. In addition the side windows dont lock and when I look thru the canopy side windows towards the back I can see daylight where the seals arnt doing anything. I've been informed that theses issues are normal, clearly this is BS but im interested to know what issues or actions others have taken. Luv the car just bloody dissapointed in the canopy and the dealer.
sheynolds

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:23 pm

A gap in either corner is fairly standard I'm afraid. I can just about fit my hand through the gap with my arb canopy.

I'm having trouble picturing the other stuff you mentioned so a photo might get you a bit more of a response.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby sheynolds on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:31 pm

Thanks CD - they have trimmed the both sides of the canopy to allow for the tailgate to open and close.
Its about an inch high and 4mm wide on either side. without doing so the canopy would have fouled the tailgate effectivly folding over it. Have some pics, will load them up. Cheers
sheynolds

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:37 pm

Well it certainly doesn't sound good. Will be interested to see the pics.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

PreviousNext

Return to Warranty/Recalls