damage to tub repaired

What were your warranty claims and recall information

damage to tub repaired

Postby shortpoint on Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:39 pm

G'day fellas,

Just got some good news from mitsubishi.

i am currently in the process of fitting an ARB canopy on the ML. when we removed the hard cover and alloy bar there was a fair bit of damage from rust around the hinges (they only riveted and siliconed them on) and the bar had also torn out of the tub on the right hand side due poor placement of the holes. this then rubbed on the side of the tub as the bar was loose. it rubbed through to metal. the ute has 60000km on the clock.

I went seen the dealer who contacted mitsubishi. They (mitsubishi) declined the repairs in the first instance stating that it was from movement in the rear of the ute and this was not covered, they were going to repair the torn side of the tub only (no repairs to paint on side of tub). i took some photos and wrote up a letter explaining what happened (poor workmanship etc, and the fact that the car was only 2 years old). not long after, Mitsubishi agreed to fix the entire tub (rust, paint and all damage caused) prior to fitting the canopy. i was stoked! the ute is currently in the panel beaters getting repaired.

not a bad outcome, so if you find similar problems, see your dealer and if you have to, push the point. its worth it in the end! pretty happy that mitsubishi did the right thing also.

cheers

Phil :)
surfing, or work....need i say more!
shortpoint

Re: damage to tub repaired

Postby Joe on Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:03 am

Good result Phil :D I love a happy ending 8-)
Dad
----
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Joe

Return to Warranty/Recalls