60K Warranty Claim

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Re: 60K Warranty Claim

Postby K-Spec on Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:00 am

Obviously there is an issue with quite a few clutches that Mitsu know about, so why do they play dumb all the time?? wouldn't there be some kind of database where they can look for common problems and the fixes for them?? or is it just a way to try and make people have to fork out for it themselves??

I as well as many other people on this site im sure, do not have the luxury to just wait until it fails when we could be caught anywhere...

trailboss wrote:So, in I roll to service centre and they tell me "yeah we know about it, we have to pull the gearbox out and send it away for repairs". So, while your there, check the damn clutch!!! "Oh - actually 2 weeks ago we received paperwork from Mitsu that tells us we have to replace your clutch plate!!!" Je-ZUZ!!!!

why wouldn't they contact you and let you know that they have been told to replace your clutch? Instead they just wait for you to have a bigger issue first??? I dont get this lack of service from dealers.
Anyway thanks for the info trailboss, it seems you are in a very similar boat to me... including the whole replacement vehicle thing!! :x
Struggle is Strengthening...
K-Spec

Postby dirtpilot72 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:07 pm

I feel your pain. I wish i never traded in mu MK Triton. I have done 120k and so far the following has has been replaced/ repaired,

2 x EGR,s
turbo hose
cd player
turbo
MAF senser
leaking power steering
sacked out rear squeaky springs
carbon in manifold

Currently has the clutch rattle issue.

Also had to replace the passenger bench seat with a bucket as no one could sit in it for more than an hour.
dirtpilot72

Postby GLX-R Alex on Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:04 pm

Mine is stuffed now at 70000km.. Lots of 2nd gear takeoffs and running higher power
GLX-R Alex

Postby trailboss on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:26 am

Cowboy Dave wrote:129,000? There have been plenty go at much less kms than that.
Update.....took 7 weeks to get my truck back after gearbox rebuild at 45k. Not 2 day turnaround as suggested. Now a week later I'm stranded 2 hrs from home with engine light on and no power. Customer care told me to drive to nearest dealer for a check. Not sure if they'll let me take it the 2hr drive home...arrrrggghhh . Waiting and waiting. At least this dealership is nice and helpful. This Triton is unreliable, we do a lot if hwy driving, no towing and only has 46k on it.
trailboss

Postby Ronald on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:08 pm

Tall Man wrote:mine clutch is seems to be working fine, just now has a rattel at low idle when it's warmed up, when cold or if I push the pedal in or rev it above 1000rpm it goes away. I don't know enough about how it works but is it worth getting another dealer to look at it or is always going to make more noise as it wears?

Mine has a the same problem, was good for about a month and now its back. Im running a custom exceddy HD
Ronald

Postby dirtpilot72 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:47 pm

dirtpilot72 wrote:I feel your pain. I wish i never traded in mu MK Triton. I have done 120k and so far the following has has been replaced/ repaired,

2 x EGR,s
turbo hose
cd player
turbo
MAF senser
leaking power steering
sacked out rear squeaky springs
carbon in manifold
Gearbox shift issue repaired

Currently has the clutch rattle issue. (replaced)

Also had to replace the passenger bench seat with a bucket as no one could sit in it for more than an hour.

Update,

Replaced the clutch myself$, had it done at a local independant workshop ($1000). 12,000km later the gearbox would't shift from 2nd to 3rd. Gearbox out and repaired. The lemon strikes again.
dirtpilot72

Postby DRdB on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:39 am

I have a different clutch issue to the rattley clutch people are talking about.

My car is 10 months old and has done 12,000km. I have had the gear lock outs and from day one I reported a rough and noisy clutch and was told to let it wear in.

At about 8,000km i started to get a squeaking sound coming from the clutch that sounded like a bad timing belt.
Found out it was the throwout bearing. Spoke to mits about it and they said it probably wont be covered.
How can a clutch fail after 12,000km if not faulty.

No towing at all and no hard driving either.
Regards Davis Ribot de Bressac
DRdB

Previous

Return to Warranty/Recalls