Mitsubishi Hard Tonneau

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Mitsubishi Hard Tonneau

Postby sm60089 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:04 am

I dont know of anyone else has had any issues like this but I have a Dealer fit Genuine Hard Tonneau, which is slowly wearing the paint away on the tailgate. Its been doing it pretty much since new (3 1/2 months) and although its not bad, I can see it getting to bare metal relatively quickly.

At either rear corner of the coverthere is about 8mm of clearance yet in the middle, above the handle, it is touching. Is this normal fitting?

Thanks guys.
sm60089

Mitsubishi Hard Tonneau

Postby GadgetMN on Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:46 am

All of the obvious wear points on mine have either extra padding/protective tape on the hard lid or on the tub itself. Had the same problem with my crewman, but the way Mitsubishi have done my tri looks much better
GadgetMN

Re: Mitsubishi Hard Tonneau

Postby sm60089 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:56 am

Yeah, the inside of mine has a foam/rubber strip (which has also decided to stick itself to the tailgate). you'h have thought that a 'P' seal or similar may have been a better option.

According to Mitsubishi it is "reasonable wear and tear"
sm60089

Postby Lee-thal on Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:27 pm

has been fitted incorrectly or requires adjustment, Either way take it back to your dealer, it should not do that.

Cheers Lee
Lee-thal

Postby david875 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:36 pm

I had a simlar issue. I had in 2 places paint wearing and did get to metal. A long story short, the dealer took photos of it and sent it to somewere regional and it was not approved as a warrenty claim. :x I was not happy and ended up covering the damage with a canopy.
david875

Postby JoelN88 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:43 am

I had exactly the same issue with mine ive had mine since june i took it back and they resprayed the tailgate on warranty no problems at all :D Take it back man they should fix it...
Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
JoelN88

Mitsubishi Hard Tonneau

Postby MN GLXR on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:19 am

It is also due to piss poor paint. I have paint wear from my soft tonneau and bunjees.
MN GLXR

Postby RHKTriton on Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:46 am

The rubber seal should touch evenly all around (if you want to keep out dust and spray).

When I installed my hard lid (ML) I stuck some marine grade non-slip tape (as used on decks) on the top edge of the tub and gate. This stuff sticks like shut on a blankit and doesn't wear. It also provides protection when you're loading/unloading stuff over the sides.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby GadgetMN on Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:53 am

sm60089 wrote:Yeah, the inside of mine has a foam/rubber strip (which has also decided to stick itself to the tailgate). you'h have thought that a 'P' seal or similar may have been a better option.

According to Mitsubishi it is "reasonable wear and tear"

Well... after this thread coming up, my lid has stuck also...

I believe that the foam stuff they use to seal the lid sticks when it gets wet, and if it dries like that, not to great a response... the top of the tailagate was a bit wet when the lid went back on.

That's the only thing I can think of.
GadgetMN

Postby sm60089 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:06 am

I have to say, after previously thinking the service dept at my local dealer was a little on the 'average' side, the Service manager has convinced the Dealer Principle to cover the costs of an investigation and rectification.

My opinion on them is changing!
sm60089

Return to Warranty/Recalls