warranty cover

What were your warranty claims and recall information

warranty cover

Postby jag68 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:44 pm

greetings all...............i live in west oz and have recently traveled east ( melbourne)and purchased a 2008 triton dual cab. i drove the vehicle back to W A and was thoroughly impressed by the car for the entire journey. When the previous owner sold me the car he had to get a current roadworthy certificate for the vehicle and this showed there was a small oil/fuel leak at the rocker cover. The vehicle had just had new injectors fitted at a local dealership as a means of fixing a fuel issue the car had. Time was against me so i drove home, monitoring the leak and as the leak had to be rectified and the car was stalling in the morning ( presumably from fuel pressure/ air issues at said leak) i took it to my local dealership. They had the vehicle all day and at almost closing time they rang me and stated the # 4 injector line was damaged and it was because of faulty installation technique used by the dealer who installed new injectors. This was now to become my problem as they stated that the warranty didnt cover poor workmanship from another dealer as they were a separate business to that dealer and it was up to me to foot the bill for the repair and part............Not Happy.........what to do next
people do what they want to do
jag68

warranty cover

Postby burnah on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:05 pm

Mate, that sucks.
If you know or can find out who the other dealer is, call them and explain what the dealer said and ask them to pay for the repair. They'll probably say no. Then ask your WA dealer if they would be prepared to speak to, email write to the other dealer
burnah
Platinum Subscriber

warranty cover

Postby burnah on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:09 pm

I'd definitely call/ email/ write to Mitsubishi Motors Australia explaining the situation and see what they say as well.
burnah
Platinum Subscriber

Re: warranty cover

Postby jag68 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:15 pm

roger that burnah, will do.................just been looking at the mitsy website and they quote they have over 200 dealers throughout oz, so no matter where you go or what you need you are covered, hope this runs true
jag68

warranty cover

Postby burnah on Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:50 am

They'll be blowing that claim out of the water if they don't sort it out for you.
Good luck jag and let us know how you go ;)
Last edited by burnah on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
burnah
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Lee-thal on Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:53 am

Nope sorry, If one dealer has caused the Fault then another dealer CANNOT fix this under Warranty. The dealer that did this will have to foot the Bill, Call the dealer that did the work and get them to pay it. The workshop MUST warrant their workmanship.

Cheers Lee
Lee-thal

Postby Snooozy on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:30 pm

check with consumer affairs (Fair Trading) as to your rights in this situation.

I understand the point of view from your dealer as not being responsible for the labour warranty for work done by somebody else . But it should be covered from the original repairer.

check the link for possible options/rights
http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/CA256EB5 ... funds~&3=~
Snooozy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby wilbo2 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:10 pm

I can understand how one dealer is not liable for another dealer's faulty workmanship but you'd think that in MMA's warranty framework there would be provision for some kind of mutual exchange of costs or something to that effect. I'm sure it gets mighty complicated as individual dealers compete with eachother and could use such a system to make headaches for rival dealers and that there would be winners and losers, but couldn't MMA arbitrate this and ensure some degree of fairness nationwide?

IMO it is a fair assumption that Mitsu drivers tour Australia but I don't think it's fair to expect some one to drive half way back across the country to get a problem rectified when there is a network of 200+ dealers. End rant.
wilbo2

Postby Froggy on Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:05 pm

We are all jumping to conclusions about this.
The OP merely asked where to go next after his local dealer said they wouldn't warrant the repair.
Of course he should endeavour to get the two dealers to work together on this - the local does the work, the original repairer foots the bill.
At the end of the day however, you may just have to suck it up. The original repairer isn't going to want to know you - they did the repair for the previous owner, not you. One of the pitfalls of not buying locally.
Froggy

Postby Lee-thal on Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:05 am

I would hope the original repairer wouldnt have an issue with it, They would understand consumer law and know that if they have had something fail that they have done poorly then they are liable, Call the original repairer and talk to them about it!

Cheers Lee
Lee-thal

Postby jag68 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:26 am

here is an update............the local dealer were no help at all. I spoke to the original owner and got the details of the dealer where the injectors were replaced. Rang the local dealer with the info and he was quick to tell me that the log book servicing wasn't carried out at mitsy dealers and it wasn't looking good for me. I then gave him the other dealers details and he said he would Google them and see if he could speak to them, i could tell by his tone his effort was going to be minimal. I then got the other dealer to ring him direct. The outcome, the local dealer rang me and said that he had been informed by the original repairer that the injector lines should have been replaced when the injectors were done, and now all injector lines are going to be replaced free of charge (YAAAAAY)..........lines are ex east though and will have to wait a week for the repair to be done , but at least its getting done
my thoughts............ disappointed i had to push so hard to get this Network of dealers to communicate with each other, dealer in Melbourne was brilliant. I understand that one dealer is not responsible for anothers work , but even as independent businesses they are still linked by a common supplier and trade under that suppliers banner, so to this end i am disapointed that every avenue wasn't looked into by the local dealer before being so eager to give me the bad news. Service to the customer is more important than service to the car in my opinion and if I hadn't pushed this would have been left for me to foot the bill why make this experience more regrettable than what it should be .........Never give up people
jag68

Postby coxy47 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:11 am

Glad to hear its working out for you mate.
coxy47

Postby Lee-thal on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:19 am

Good to hear its has worked out.
Lee-thal

Postby YogiOz on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:36 am

Nicely done
Mick

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some people are like a Slinky; they aren't good for anything, but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
YogiOz

warranty cover

Postby burnah on Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:13 pm

Awesome, that's brilliant mate!
I'm with you... Never give up!
(and that goes for everything)
burnah
Platinum Subscriber

warranty cover

Postby wilbo2 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:22 pm

Great to hear that you're enjoying some success with this one. You are right - it pays never to give up!
wilbo2

Postby jag68 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:14 pm

a little bit more to not giving up................finally got the car back today, the service manager was polite enough but seeing how my car was only 300 ks short of requiring its 60000k service ( and we had discussed it) i thought he might have mentioned it, but no he was happy to give me the keys and see the back of me. DITTO . Got home and stuck my head under the bonnet and guess what, the pipe on the left hand side of rocker cover that attaches via two bolts into the exhaust manifold was just flapping in the breeze. The two bolts were left out completely. Now i know we are all human and s%^t happens but lets not forget this dealer was very quick too point out shoddy workmanship by their fellow dealers over east. Dont worry ill be back there tomorrow, secondly at the 60k service valve adjustment/check should be done, u would be forgiven for thinking they might have pre-empted this and at 300 ks shy of this service they could have asked if i wanted this done, purely for the fact that the rocker cover has to be removed for this service and all the GOOD work they have just done would have to be redone...............preventative maintenance, cost effectiveness,due dilligence, too busy dont need the work, who knows,...out the window....should i have pushed the issue and asked for it to be done, maybe i should have as i do know better, but for the non mechanically minded who wouldnt give it a thought they would never know....ill keep u informed
jag68

Postby wilbo2 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:11 am

geez! I feel for ya these never ending sagas are a pain in the arse... I wonder if there is another twist in the plot just around the corner... hope it gets sorted ASAP
wilbo2

Postby jag68 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:46 pm

took the car back today, the service peanut ive been dealing with asked to show me the problem, on the way to the car i said to him " you know the car is due for its 60k service"......."you want to book it in' he replied......."are you kidding" i replied, then he let rip......." be like that, you can get f#$%&d, you were f@#$%^&g rude to me so you can f@#k off.........i told him to hold his tongue and lets talk to his boss, he was of the same ilk,pretty much told me that if it was up to him he would have told me to take my car elsewhere (gladly) after i was initially rude to the peanut last tuesday....i then went on to explain to him that the 60k service could have been done at the same tIme to prevent rework....he went a bit blank,realised what i was saying asked me to show the problem with the car , which he then whisked away, got fixed and returned with a " sorry for the inconvenience"..and that was that
end of the day car is fixed and i wont be going back...THE END
no tritons were harmed during this incident and i am big enough to cop a bit of flak( i am a wharfie) but their attitude was ordinary and to go off at customer is inexcusable and unprofessional.. a little like their service
jag68

Postby srb on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:22 pm

Mate your not alone, i had dramas with my dealer service a while back with an oil seal giving way to massive oily mess in my engine bay, they replaced the oil seal under warranty no problems but ignored the fact my new engine was still covered in oil, had to take the car back 4 times to get it right :x The thing that amazed me was their poor attitude, they really didn't give a crap! After reading some of the horror stories on here about bad dealer servicing i've come to the conclusion that most dealers have the same poor attitude. I told my dealer they could stick their extended warranty cause i will never be back!
TO SEE HOW TO HAVE A TRIP OF A LIFE TIME v
http://www.exploroz.com/Members/281229. ... x#mptabs=2
http://www.flickr.com/photos/exploroz/

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go.
srb
Platinum Subscriber

warranty cover

Postby wilbo2 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:58 pm

Haha 'service peanut', nice. Looks like service pricing isn't all they cap at some mitsubishi dealers, looks like the care factor was capped too! Makes it worthwhile when you find a good one.
wilbo2

Postby willo13 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:56 pm

Interesting I have just had ours towed and whilst it was on a friday arvo we won't get it back until Wednesday arvo. Leaving us ( wife and 2yr old as well ) 300km from home. Diagnosed as a faulty turbo, replaced under warranty. Service department checked error code on Monday arvo and said was a split seam in intercooler. Had to ring to find out what is happening, was told should be on the road Tuesday arvo. Got a call back about 1230 saying had to replace complete turbo, parts avaliable in Perth but won't be done until next day.

Customer service? What customer service??? Just pray that you don't rely on your car to be fixed ASAP.
willo13

Postby al coholic on Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:51 pm

willo13 wrote:Customer service? What customer service??? Just pray that you don't rely on your car to be fixed ASAP.

Are you kidding me?? There is a problem with your car on a Friday arvo and you expect it fixed ASAP?? :roll: Surely you understand what the warranty is there for?? It is to fix your car and no cost to you in the unlikely event this type of thing should happen......its not there so they can fit a new turbo within 10mins of it breaking down so you are not inconvenienced :evil:

I think they are doing well to fit a new turbo to it by Wednesday for you.......stop whinging!!
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby trouble on Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:58 pm

Yep I reckon the alco^^^^ up there is right!
I Love The Mods!
Ban everyone!
trouble

Postby tritonmal on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:27 am

im apparently getting a g'box under warranty but have been informed by the local service manager that if i take the gearbox it will be a one off and there will be no further warranty..... hang on .... if i use a tacc recommended repairer or a mitsubishi service center and use genuine parts isnt it an 10 yr drive line warranty ???? so theroretically i could go back 50 times in t10 yrs with the same issues and they'd have to deal with it....??? WANKERS!

read my posts in gearbox problems / problems shifting gears for further info.....

WANKERS!
tritonmal
Platinum Subscriber

Next

Return to Warranty/Recalls