30k service

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Re: 30k service

Postby srb on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:34 pm

I just dropped mine off at mitsu, on their list to do was an ecu update under boost. I hope the new update doesn't de-tune my engine.:-? I also asked them if they'd replaced many gearboxes... There was a min silence and then eyes rolling and then the flood gates opened about how many hundreds they have replaced or repaired. :shock:
TO SEE HOW TO HAVE A TRIP OF A LIFE TIME v
http://www.exploroz.com/Members/281229. ... x#mptabs=2
http://www.flickr.com/photos/exploroz/

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go.
srb
Platinum Subscriber

Postby srb on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:57 pm

So I just drove it home after the service and it definitely runs a bit smoother I think :roll: and no loss of power with the latest ecu update :smile: I checked under the bonnet and under the truck to see if things are normal. All good there. 8-)
Before the service I didn't bother removing my egr blank or my pipe work from the LR mk2 mod. The mechanic apparently loves the mods's to the egr setup :lol: They would love to adopt the idea because they are sick of dealing with the carbon build up issues. :lol:

srb
Platinum Subscriber

Postby fraz91 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:34 am

srb wrote:So I just drove it home after the service and it definitely runs a bit smoother I think :roll: and no loss of power with the latest ecu update :smile: I checked under the bonnet and under the truck to see if things are normal. All good there. 8-)
Before the service I didn't bother removing my egr blank or my pipe work from the LR mk2 mod. The mechanic apparently loves the mods's to the egr setup :lol: They would love to adopt the idea because they are sick of dealing with the carbon build up issues. :lol:

Good to hear you've found a dealer who's looking after you. ;) Which dealer out of curiosity?

See the build up of my old Triton here.
fraz91

Postby srb on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:19 am

Col Crawford Narrabeen same Dealer as always, but they have replaced the original useless female service manager and the whole service team. What a difference! They actually care about you now. :D

srb
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Dunga71 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:12 am

Random phone call today from my dealer inquiring if i was happy with my 30 k service,lets hope its sites like this making them a bit more reputable and honest
Believe all ya see and half what ya hear
Dunga71

Postby Mattstruck on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:47 pm

reputable and Honest????

I just checked mine post 30k service and a certain stealer in melb inner west has not replaced my Air filter.
Im still running the factory original unit.
How do I know?
Well I marked the year on the filter and yep its still there. Filthy as f$%k.
After numerous High Country trips, Robe, Wombat etc etc they felt the need to charge me to do it but NOT ACTUALLY DO F ALL.
Yes im pissed :evil:

EDIT
They put "check air filter" on the bill.
Obviously didn't do that either as it was so dirty the car was blowing smoke. :x
I'm tipping no valve adjustments were made either. Just charged me for it....
Mod talk:
Sometimes indecipherable to the average Civillian. Example:
Homer:
I clearly remember Joe stating categorically that he prefers it in the bottom
Joe:
I didn't say it was better in the bottom, I just said it was easier and quicker.
Mattstruck

Postby Kiwi Challenger on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:29 am

Well made a couple of phone calls to get quotes for my PB Challenger serrvice. Coming up for its 30k service. After reading all the posts on this site went with the popular MM dealer by the famous pub with its great steaks and beer garden. They checked to ensure the motor model and everything was the same as Aussie PB's all sweet, price is cheaper than the MM dealers on the southside. All booked in for its service next week. Will let you know how the service goes.
Kiwi Challenger

Postby Lee-thal on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:18 pm

Kiwi,

Make sure you talk to me when you come in and will look after it better for you,

Always MENTION New Triton and Talk to me when booking in for anyone that wants NTN pricing, ;)
Lee-thal

Postby Kiwi Challenger on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:54 pm

Service all done. No issues other than a loose fan belt when I drove out of the yard which was sorted out there. Admittedly when normal pressure of the right foot don't notice it but when you press harder than normal heard it.

A ECU update was done and noticed the acceleration on the freeway when going home. Will see the economy when I travel north in 3 weeks.
Kiwi Challenger

Postby gpx on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:41 am

Seems like not all dealers insist on keping the MN overnight to ensure the motor is cold for the 30k tappet adjustment. Comm motors in Canberra does. I like the attention to detail but as I live 80ks away it is an inconvenience. I would have thought 5 hours is enough but if it means the job is done right I can live with it.
gpx

Postby Mudme on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:51 am

Which dealer did u use dunga?
Mudme

Postby MervinJ on Fri May 10, 2013 4:21 pm

Lee-thal wrote:Kiwi,

Make sure you talk to me when you come in and will look after it better for you,

Always MENTION New Triton and Talk to me when booking in for anyone that wants NTN pricing, ;)

Where are you Lee?
MervinJ
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri May 10, 2013 4:33 pm

Eagers at Newstead in Brisbane mate.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby MervinJ on Fri May 10, 2013 5:36 pm

Cheers mate.Will look him up when I get to 15.

Mervin
MervinJ
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Outnabout on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:19 pm

Heading in for a 30k service tomorrow at St Lenoards, NSW. Will let you know pricing and if there's any dramas!
Outnabout

Postby Lunny on Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:38 pm

Heading in for my 30 thousand on Wednesday with the ever popular lee
Lunny
Lunny

Postby Bigbirdalx on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:23 pm

Hes keeping his work afloat just with us :)
If im posting, im either on the toilet, at work or both
Bigbirdalx

Postby Lunny on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:26 pm

Gets a bonus for all of us coming in lol
Lunny
Lunny

Postby Calblitzen on Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:36 am

Outnabout wrote:Heading in for a 30k service tomorrow at St Lenoards, NSW. Will let you know pricing and if there's any dramas!

Should be fixed pricing of $590. Not long had mine done, including tappet adjustment. They had the car for 2 days.
No matter what life throws at you, SMILE.

Better to be looking at it, than looking for it.
Calblitzen

Postby Outnabout on Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:57 pm

Headed to St Leonards to do the service, Next minute they've apparently moved to Ryde (Hunter Holden) So headed over there, luckily 'casue i was working just around the corner, They put a 'Silencer' on my leaf springs, I asked if they could becasue they were squeeking all the time, They had no problems at all doing that, upgraded the ECU , Did something with the turbo- cant recall atht the moment, and just all the regular stuff, Was quite happy with it all. Ended up being 618$, Totally forgot about capped servicing, so ill ask them this week why it was extra. But over all, pretty happy with service.
Outnabout

Postby Calblitzen on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:41 pm

Did they do the tappets.
No matter what life throws at you, SMILE.

Better to be looking at it, than looking for it.
Calblitzen

Postby Outnabout on Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:45 am

Yes they did.
Outnabout

Postby Lunny on Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:06 pm

Mine got done today, always better after a service
Lunny
Lunny

Postby srb on Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:31 pm

A few months back i discovered that my dealer didnt replace my fuel filter that is required of 30k service? I found this out cause I engraved a mark on the side of the filter. I ended up replacing it myself but soon realised why they didn't... I had to put the filter in a vice and stand on it with some very large stilsens to remove it. It did look like they had tried to remove it but I guess it took too much time and they gave up? :x See most dealers are just crap! You cannot trust them! Even though they promised they would look after me and kissed my ass and went on about how good they were now that they had a new service team! F-ing scum bags! I'll be using hidden camera for my next tappet adjustment to see if they actually do it. It makes capped price servicing a real joke and a complete rip off! I think from now on ill be doing all my servicing myself with the exception of the tappet adjustment, will have to learn how to do that one now me thinks. ;) And as for warranty you say? Stick it up ya ass Mitsu it ain't worth pissing on! The money I'll save in servicing can cover it. ;) Sorry for the rant people but I've been burnt by too many dealers and dodgy mechanics over the years! So take it from me... Don't trust any of them! Keep a keen eye out and mark all your drain plugs,filter ect.. And report to mmal of any wrong doing! Weed out the dodgy stealers! Rant over! :lol:

srb
Platinum Subscriber

Postby biggibbo on Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:53 am

I hear ya Steve. Took mine to another dealer for the 150k service the other day and the foreman come to see me when I picked it up to ask why I had never had the tappets adjusted. I said I had them done at 30, 60, 90, 120 and have the invoices (and the cost) to prove it.

He then tells me that all the marks on the bolts were still lining up perfectly, and there were no spanner marks on any of the nuts which tells him the top has never been off. Also said the gaskets appeared original as well.

I am fuming and don't know what to do. Am I driving a time bomb waiting to go off. What else have they not done.
biggibbo

PreviousNext

Return to Servicing