45,000km Service Price

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Re: 45,000km Service Price

Postby fireball on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:56 pm

Homer wrote:I believe the service manager is the QLD state service manager too.

Have only heard good things from there.

i didnt know that but normally russell is the man i go thru , but he's on holidays ..bugger.. he usually gives me better prices...
but geez ringin around what a joke for prices goin around brisbane.. here i listed it out :

mt gravatt: $995
toowong : $950
springwood : $950- 1000
capalaba : 990
moorooka : 970
wynum : 835
hillcrest : 800 if i give them the engine oil
windsor : 900

fkin hell when i bought the car 1.5yrs ago and i asked how much servicing was ( so that i could work out how much to allow money wise for the novated lease ) it was only around 500-700 for all the 15k interval services... now from the ring around its the 1000 mark ??? !! wtf

man i love the car but mitsubishi after sales service and support is crap.
fireball

Postby Jitsukablue on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am

Just had 45k done. Cost a smidge under $800 (additional power stearing fluid flush, was dirty, and minus airfilter cost due to unifilter). Can't complain, good service, ECU reflash (2nd one) for surge issues have improved the driveability. No longer a breakneck throttle response when cold.

Non-dealership quote was that price minus the cost of me getting roadside assist, got to wonder if that is a co-incidence.... Still good to see some competition, I think.
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby Dylan 191 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:01 pm

What dealership was that at Jits ?
Marge bring me your address book ,4 beers and my conversation hat !!
Dylan 191

Postby 4wd26 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:31 pm

fireball wrote:fkin hell when i bought the car 1.5yrs ago and i asked how much servicing was ( so that i could work out how much to allow money wise for the novated lease ) it was only around 500-700 for all the 15k interval services... now from the ring around its the 1000 mark ??? !! wtf

man i love the car but mitsubishi after sales service and support is crap.

I did the same sort of thing - working out the differences in costs between diesel and petrol over the life of the lease.
Click to view larger picture

The 45,000kms services are the dearest- but I got stung for over $600 for the 30,000km as well.
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby snowman on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:28 pm

i gotta be honest. i dont think the diesel is anywhere near the dollar saving standout above petrol that i thought it would be before buying. :x

petrol is often 10-15 cents cheaper (at the right time of the week) and you get more get up and go than the diesel even the common rails. My old diesel troopy was a slug.......

HOWEVER, i am hoping that the resale between diesel and petrol with help my cause down the track......

Mitsubishi servicing is expensive. this cannot be denied. it is how they pay for the extra warranty and keep their dealerships going. I would love to see the profit breakdowns between the car sales vs servicing from a dealership and i reckon that they do alright out of servicing. although they do have more labour in that part of their business.

if it worries you much just use a suitably licensed mechanic as well as genuine or equal parts and stick with the 5 year warranty (forfieting the 10 year drivetrain) and save some bucks...... :?
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby sierra on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:05 pm

Has anyone asked for a breakdown of the bill and compared that with the service book requirements?

Here's what I posted earlier on this thread.

45,000km within 3 years service, apart from looking, needs the following for a 4x4 3.2

Replace - brake fluid, transmission fluid/oil, transfer case oil, front and rear diff. axle oil, engine oil and filter, air cleaner element.
Audible check of valve clearances, adjust 'if required'.

2.6 hours + 1.5 hours if they decide to do the valve clearances + oil and parts.

Valve clearances are checked at 30,000km not 45,000km, it's listen and if they sound wrong then check at 45,000km.
I will make them listen to mine while I'm there and tell me if they need doing or not. No way will I let them bill me for adjusting valve clearances for the interim 45,000 75,000 105,000 when it's just a listen, unless they let me hear it and agree it needs doing too.

Back to the bill for the 45,000km service.
It's 2.6hrs labour + engine oil, transmission oil, brake fluid, engine oil filter and air filter.
$260 for labour? $250 for parts and oil? $510tops! How can it be any more than that?????

There's lots of other stuff they want to do but you have to authorise that.

Can someone else check the book to make sure that's correct?
sierra

Postby sierra on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:16 pm

snowman wrote:petrol is often 10-15 cents cheaper (at the right time of the week) and you get more get up and go than the diesel even the common rails. My old diesel troopy was a slug.......

Diesel should be a bargain, it costs less wholesale and every litre contains a fair bit more energy than a litre of petrol but I agree with what you say.
sierra

Postby johnnie5 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:35 pm

snowman wrote:i gotta be honest. i dont think the diesel is anywhere near the dollar saving standout above petrol that i thought it would be before buying. :x

petrol is often 10-15 cents cheaper (at the right time of the week) and you get more get up and go than the diesel even the common rails. My old diesel troopy was a slug.......

HOWEVER, i am hoping that the resale between diesel and petrol with help my cause down the track......

Mitsubishi servicing is expensive. this cannot be denied. it is how they pay for the extra warranty and keep their dealerships going. I would love to see the profit breakdowns between the car sales vs servicing from a dealership and i reckon that they do alright out of servicing. although they do have more labour in that part of their business.

if it worries you much just use a suitably licensed mechanic as well as genuine or equal parts and stick with the 5 year warranty (forfieting the 10 year drivetrain) and save some bucks...... :?

i dunno where you are buying fuel

i usually buy my diesel at the bp in blacktown and its usually 118.9 everyday +/-1-2 cents

other bp's around are usually 5 cents more

unleaded goes up and down like a yoyo 120-135

you pay more for the diesel motor at the beginning and so of course you get more back at the end , best benefit for me is longer fuel range and you get the better consumption as well , diesels have plenty of power now so thats not a neg anymore
johnnie5

Postby Jitsukablue on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:39 pm

Dylan 191 wrote:What dealership was that at Jits ?

Wanneroo
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby boycee on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:00 pm

I just had my 45k service at the local mechanic as I was quoted $950 to do it through Mitsi. :o
This local guy is fantastic. he has done everything by the book and the end price was $318 :D
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Greedy on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:12 pm

boycee wrote:I just had my 45k service at the local mechanic as I was quoted $950 to do it through Mitsi. :o
This local guy is fantastic. he has done everything by the book and the end price was $318 :D

Where's he located Boycee? I'm still in the hunt for a decent mechanic. :cry:
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby boycee on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:19 pm

It is Niscare at Royal Park at the end of port rd. He does all the family cars and really looks after you. Best I have found. 8-)
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Postby chris_s on Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:51 pm

These costs are significantly cheaper than my 05 patrol. Every 40000 $1000+, 10,000Km about $350, 20,000Km about $450
That's one of the reasons I've come over
Cheers
chris_s

Postby fridgie on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:09 pm

Just got my 45k done today, typical bastards :evil:
quoted $680 at ultratune but of course it NEEDED to have the brake and clutch oil changed as there was moisture in it. So naturally that went up to $790. Wouldnt have felt so bad if the bastards had used original parts (stealer was only $100 more in the end) but when you work on the road all day and don't get the time to be able to see this crap for yourself you gotta take it as it comes.
Gotta admit was quite suprised after talkin to the service manager this arvo when I picked it up and asked him about the squeak in the suspension - 'mustn't be a common thing as we get heaps of the tritons in here and have never heard of that before...' :shock:
Kinda little nervous now about the workmanship of the place now :(
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby sierra on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:12 pm

Fridgie,
If you look in your service book pages 13,14 and 15, you can see exactly what should have been done and they didn't have a clue by the sounds of it because replacing the brake fluid was part of the 45,000km service.
If they haven't done it to the service book it's not valid for a warranty.
Here's a bit copied from my post above to make it clear what's involved for a 3.2 4x4 45,000km service which is what they quoted for[assuming it's a 3.2 4x4]

45,000km within 3 years service, apart from looking, needs the following for a 4x4 3.2

Replace - brake fluid, transmission fluid/oil, transfer case oil, front and rear diff. axle oil, engine oil and filter, air cleaner element.
Audible check of valve clearances, adjust 'if required'.

2.6 hours + 1.5 hours if they decide to do the valve clearances + oil and parts.
sierra

Postby golden on Sat May 01, 2010 5:25 pm

$599 + tax
all fluids - easy to check if done as they don't degrease or clean up anything
oil & air filter
reflash - can't notice any difference- still goes hard enough
handbrake adjusted - Although I can't tell the difference
bash plate bracket re-welded warranty
Cheers
PB Challenger MY12 Auto 4WD
VR 06 2008 3.2TD Auto - Gone
MQ Patrol - Play Truck
golden

Postby 4wd26 on Sat May 01, 2010 7:13 pm

Yep,
got mine done on Friday- under $700 which surprised me.
At a dealer (Zupps Capalabah)
New air filter, diff oil, coolent, auto trans fluid etc as per logbook.

need to rebook as the ABS light is on from Fraser- but no damage to lines evident.
Computer told them which sensor- will replace under warenty- but if that dosn't fix the light/ problem then its my problem. Not too bad as the inland tracks- who knows what might have flicked up....
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby daryn on Tue May 11, 2010 8:46 pm

Got quoted today $750, which was same as 30,000 service which I thought was more extensive.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Homer on Thu May 20, 2010 7:48 am

Cheapest Mitsubishi V6 service price I could find $690.

That's with me supplying my own oil and no air filter change....[censored]' ripoff.
But I finally have a check engine light to show them (they come and go, but never there at the right time) and some rust in the tray so need to use Mits service.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby johnnie5 on Thu May 20, 2010 3:30 pm

Homer wrote:Cheapest Mitsubishi V6 service price I could find $690.

That's with me supplying my own oil and no air filter change....[censored]' ripoff.
But I finally have a check engine light to show them (they come and go, but never there at the right time) and some rust in the tray so need to use Mits service.

you never need to use mits service except to have a warranty item fixed

if you dont want your normal service done there then dont have it done, just book it and get the warranty done whcih will be at no charge
johnnie5

Postby sierra on Thu May 20, 2010 4:55 pm

johnnie5 wrote:you never need to use mits service except to have a warranty item fixed
if you dont want your normal service done there then dont have it done, just book it and get the warranty done whcih will be at no charge

That's all well and good if the service is done to the book but they don't do it to the book, they guess.
If Mitsubishi don't do it to the book they can hardly void the warranty but they will for Ultra Tune given half a chance.
Who else has the equipment for the common rail injection equipment that's needed every 30,000km to check the valve clearances?
sierra

Postby Etoile on Fri May 21, 2010 12:58 pm

Maybe special tools are required for the diesel, but what about the petrol V6? Mitsubishi in Perth want $730... It just seems excessive to me :?

I genuinely want to know if there's any benefit for me going to Mitsubishi over my local Ultra Tune?

And surely there must be laws in place to protect the consumer? If I walk into Ultra Tune and ask for 'manufacturers service' to be carried out on my vehicle and they stamp my service book accordingly - wouldn't Ultra Tune be liable if Mitsubishi refused warranty work because of their (Ultra Tune's) shobby work?

Not trying to start a sh!t fight - just interested in whats a very grey area... :roll:
Etoile

Postby Homer on Fri May 21, 2010 1:14 pm

I had the same dilemma mate and because it is a work vehicle just said f*ckit and went genuine - also because of the engine light etc.

I must say I noticed a BIG improvement in the brakes (didn't have an issue with them before the service) after the fluid change. It feels like a different car. I've never experienced that before on any other vehicle so I'm wondering how bad the Mits fluid is to break down over only 45,000k's - or is their replacement fluid really good :?

I do use the brakes a lot when 4x4 - handbrake and footbrakes to try and get traction etc.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby sierra on Fri May 21, 2010 1:19 pm

If I take mine to a non Mitsubishi service centre I will make a list of the actual work required from the service book.
Then give it to them and point out the all the items to be inspected on top of that and ask for the bill to show the work done so there's no doubt about warranty. Genuine parts too.

You can see the times for the work in your service book and ask Mitsubishi to justify their quote.
My 15,000km service cost me $193-50 with me providing the oil, at the dealer. I hate getting a service done and laid it on the line that the vehicle had no damage and don't do anything apart from the $193-50 service without my authority.
They wanted to swap the wheels and do a wheel alignment and I just said no, it's fine thank you. Didn't get it washed or even a cup of coffee but they did the oil change perfectly! :lol:
sierra

Postby Etoile on Fri May 21, 2010 1:44 pm

It's funny you say that Homer, as my mate just got his 45K service done he said he was amazed that he could feel a difference - especially with the gearbox (manual).

I've always had my service done at Mitsubishi but now I'm seriously considering the Ultra Tune down the road; it's a lot closer, cheaper, and the guys down there seem like good blokes. They've even got a machine that can hook up to the ECU now... They had a X5 hooked up to it; and the car was telling them that it needed it's brake pads replaced - AMAZING! :lol:

But I'm still in two minds about it all because I don't want to risk losing my 5/10 Warranty :roll:

Sierra, that is so funny :lol:
Etoile

PreviousNext

Return to Servicing