45,000km Service Price

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

45,000km Service Price

Postby daryn on Fri May 21, 2010 2:55 pm

Ultratune just quoted me $790 for service. Basically same as Mitsi.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Re: 45,000km Service Price

Postby daryn on Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:29 pm

Back from 45k service at Klosters Newcastle, the result $710 after highlighted that I dont need to pay for filter as I have a Unifilter :!:

Anyways, it seems as though the TRUCK got some attention today by raising more than a few eyebrows, they must do some test/tune where they load the fuel up in someway and have to rev the crap out of it, anyway with the new exhaust it brought the shop down, the guys at service were all asking how big it was because it sounded so good, they also couldnt believe they could hear the Turbo whistling as much as what it was out the back.

So they now love my TRUCK too and cant wait for what I am doing next, as I was leaving they said am I going to ChipIt and I said "ummmm, it it it already is I just take it out to hide it from you guys", I had a weak moment, the guys were excited, they then said "we dont care" and started telling me experiences of chipping F250's over the Ford side of the business. I told them a story or too and they want to have a drive when I bring it in next.

Now, I can leave the bloody chip in when I take the TRUCK in for its next service. :D

You know what helped, that NewTriton sticker on the back window, they took me and the TRUCK a bit more seriously as in knowing a bit about these Triton's. ;)

Oh yeah, first time ever that they washed it. :D
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Greedy on Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:23 am

daryn wrote:You know what helped, that NewTriton sticker on the back window, they took me and the TRUCK a bit more seriously as in knowing a bit about these Triton's. ;)

Oh yeah, first time ever that they washed it. :D

I've always been a bit worried about the sticker on the back giving them an avenue to the shit I hang on them. It certainly doesn't excite them like your case. I probably worry more than necessary given cars don't seem to be their major focus. :roll: They're more focussed on bullshit and lies and seem amazed that a customer might know something they don't. By the way, the mongrels have never washed it although we do have water restrictions. :?
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby daryn on Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:27 am

Love the new avatar Greedy :D
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Greedy on Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:38 am

daryn wrote:Love the new avatar Greedy :D

There's no point trying to deny it. Too many witnesses. :oops:
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby MitsiGuy on Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:21 pm

Blue wrote:
mothman wrote:Hi Chaps - This is my first time - be gentle with me.......
Love the Newtriton net
I'll give you a rundown of my service costs - all from my local "stealer"
15k - 247 , 30k -552 , 45k -547 , 60k -347 , 75k -382 , 90k -1081 ouch!!!
I've been happy with them - but they've finally frightened me off
I do my 7500 oil changes - it's a good opportunity to straighten/bash out my sump protector!
Cheers Grant

Mate at work just got charged a similar figure for his Navara - apparently it's quite labour intensive changing the timing belt on a diesel - stealer was quite red faced when said mate informed him the oiler is chain driven and the price came down to ~$600

It's labour intensive checking and adjusting the valves on the diesels
MitsiGuy

Postby schimno on Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:52 pm

V6 45000km service. Booked it at my local mechanic who is qualified to do log book servicing. Up front told me it was going to be pricey. ( Not a fan of our local dealer....... long story). Picked up my pride and joy later that day, $470 dollars. Everything used was genuine, bar engine oil. Pretty happy after reading this forum.
Now coming up to the 60000km service
P.S not a fan off 15000km servicing. Going to revert to 7500kms oil changes in between
"Its not what you do, its how you do it"
schimno

Postby Homer on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:07 am

You've robbed them Schimno...or they don't hold all the replacement fluids way out west ;)

I rang 4 different dealers to get my price and it was $200 dearer than yours - and I had no oil or air filter...

P.S did you notice a big improvement in brakes/brake pedal?
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby tassie_ml on Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:33 am

stealer - $1100, local guy who is dealer approved $600 :roll:

go figure
tassie_ml

Postby Racer on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:13 pm

Just had mine done at the local Repco Service Centre, $700 even. Everything was done except air filter (it was changed 15K ago) and I requested the diesel filter be done as well. Everything was done as per schedule, I have certainly noticed a difference in the clutch, gearbox and brakes..even the door latch's are lubed as well as the tail shaft..every grease nipple had been tampered with..Oil used is Penrite Diesel GS and other diff/transfer oils etc are Penrite as well...I am happy with the work done however for $734 Klosters would have done the same job...they seem pretty genuine there...either way...the KM's I travel these days should see my next schedule service in 12 months or more...
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

45,000km Service Price

Postby Diddy on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:04 pm

Just got mine done at cessnock Mitsubishi and I supplied all the filters except air and all the oils that they wanted to me to use and they only charged me for the labour which was $234 all my stuff came to $244 total $478 u can save shit loads by providing the parts n oils Greg n the boys are really good out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i wish we had a caravan like the ALCO'S
Diddy

Postby Racer on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:21 pm

Thats pretty good DiD...what oils/coolants did you use?
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

45,000km Service Price

Postby Diddy on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:38 pm

Racer wrote:Thats pretty good DiD...what oils/coolants did you use?

2x5ltr Castrol rx super for eng,
1x4ltr Castrol lsx 90 for rear diff
2x4ltr Castrol vmx-m 75w-85 for gearbox/ transfer
1x4ltr Castrol epx 80w-90 for front diff
2x2.5ltr castrol anti freeze anti boil concentrate
U will have left over oils plenty for top ups if needed

Diddy

Postby Lee-thal on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:52 am

Be careful using non genuine coolant, this will be the biggest killer if something goes wrong!!

Cheers
Lee-thal

45,000km Service Price

Postby Diddy on Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:52 pm

Lee-thal wrote:Be careful using non genuine coolant, this will be the biggest killer if something goes wrong!!

Cheers

This is the stuff that they recommended me to use
All genuine lubes n coolants are made by castrol anyway

Diddy

Postby Lee-thal on Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:57 am

Yes but if something happens and they see its not the genuine product they may not cover the repair, although it is made by castrol there are different additives that are put in it. Its not that expensive genuine so why take the risk?

cheers
Lee-thal

Postby Racer on Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:42 am

Lee-thal wrote:Yes but if something happens and they see its not the genuine product they may not cover the repair, although it is made by castrol there are different additives that are put in it. Its not that expensive genuine so why take the risk?
cheers

All oil and lubes sold in Australia are of an Australian standard. If they aren't it is illegal to do such a thing. To maintain your new car warranty you need to have it serviced on time using Australian standard parts by a licensed mechanic. Using Wynns Coolant specified for your vehicle as opposed to a MMAL stamped coolant..this isn't going to void your warranty...
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

45,000km Service Price

Postby Diddy on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:22 pm

Racer wrote:
Lee-thal wrote:Yes but if something happens and they see its not the genuine product they may not cover the repair, although it is made by castrol there are different additives that are put in it. Its not that expensive genuine so why take the risk?
cheers

All oil and lubes sold in Australia are of an Australian standard. If they aren't it is illegal to do such a thing. To maintain your new car warranty you need to have it serviced on time using Australian standard parts by a licensed mechanic. Using Wynns Coolant specified for your vehicle as opposed to a MMAL stamped coolant..this isn't going to void your warranty...

Thankyou I rest my case

Diddy

Postby biggibbo on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:30 pm

DiD Power wrote:
Racer wrote:
cheers

Thankyou I rest my case

My father inlaw had a warranty claim refused by Subaru for a radiator as the coolant used was not OEM product and was deemed to have caused the radiator to rust and puncture. Need to make sure the coolant matches the OEM specs exactly.
biggibbo

Postby Racer on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:44 pm

That makes sense Gibbo...just the same as if I put a thick 20W50 diesel oil in a turbo 0W30 petrol engine. They are both motor oil aren't they...
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

Postby Lee-thal on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:44 pm

I can assure you that a manufacturer will not pay a claim if using non genuine coolant, Not saying it will void your warranty however if you have a cooling system failure then they may not pay for it. Trust me i have been down this line, It states plain and simple in your warranty guidelines, you dont use it then expect for warranty not to pay for it.

Oils and fluids are completely different. Coolant is pretty much the only thing a manufacturer will demand, apart from some manufacturers and certain oils (ie Magna Auto trans oil). If you want to use non genuine then understand that they may not pay out, thats all i am saying!!

Cheers
Lee-thal

Postby The Finch on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:34 pm

Just had the 45000km service done thru my local mitsubishi dealer.
Only $569.00 including oils/filters etc.
Is my dealer really cheap or not doing full job??
Great price compared to other posts on here.
The Finch

45,000km Service Price

Postby Diddy on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:54 pm

$234

Diddy

Postby Racer on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:22 am

DiD Power wrote:Just got mine done at cessnock Mitsubishi and I supplied all the filters except air and all the oils that they wanted to me to use and they only charged me for the labour which was $234 all my stuff came to $244 total $478 u can save shit loads by providing the parts n oils Greg n the boys are really good out there

Thats a reasonable price from a dealer Finch, good to hear actually...

Where did you buy your filters and oils from DiD?
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

Postby spinner on Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:48 pm

Just had my 45K service today at the local ARB dealer/ 4x4 service center and it cost $609. I am very happy with the service they did and excellent job.
Thats going to hurt
spinner

PreviousNext

Return to Servicing