22 500 km service

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

22 500 km service

Postby YogiOz on Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:14 pm

Have decided to bite the bullet and get this done (OK - so it's a lease car and the service is built in!). Getting them to check:

Possible carbon build up
    The surging (at 2000 revs)
    Mitsubishi Hotline fix ML37-002 (fuel pressure)
    Reprogram the ECU
    Fuel economy gone to s##
    Check hard cover locks

Points 1 through 4 are from information on this site (point 5 is a general comment!) so for any newbie it's obvious the value of forums like this!!!! :D

Dunno about getting them to replace the rubber under the hard cover as I need to find out if this is covered etc
Mick

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some people are like a Slinky; they aren't good for anything, but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
YogiOz

Re: 22 500 km service

Postby subi_man on Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:31 pm

Good luck, Yogi - see if they'll give you the Hotline fix no. for the latest ECU flash ;)

I'll be interested to see what they say about the fuel consumption - have you been keeping a logbook of refills as proof of your complaint? I've started noting all my fillups & mileage for when it goes in for the 45K service in the next few weeks, hopefully they won't be able to argue with that :twisted:

Cheers
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby YogiOz on Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:32 pm

Will try and get the fix number. If (from memory) it doesn't help the fuel consumption I will start to keep a log.
Last edited by YogiOz on Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mick

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some people are like a Slinky; they aren't good for anything, but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
YogiOz

Postby YogiOz on Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:27 am

Service is progressing.

The latest ECU Flash is apparently ML37-002 - the number hasn't changed. Will let you know if it changes the surging and economy like it is supposed to.

Mick
Mick

YogiOz

Postby subi_man on Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:01 pm

Fingers crossed for you Yogi!
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby YogiOz on Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:43 pm

So far the car is running like a dream - just purring! As for the fuel economy it has dropped to 12 l/100 to 10!
Mick

YogiOz

Postby subi_man on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:09 pm

Good to hear mate - did they also check for carbon buildup do you know?
Andrew

subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby YogiOz on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:16 pm

Not sure (I did ask them to) but I was told that this fix also fixes the carbon buildup.

They have also ordered a replacement heavy duty set of rubber lining for under the hard cover....OEMs are coming off.
Mick

YogiOz

Postby smeghead on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:19 pm

I am getting the reflash tomorrow... hope I get the same improvement as you did!!
Sean

'07 | GLX-R | 3.2 DiD | Manual | Gunmetal Grey

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
smeghead

Postby YogiOz on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:24 pm

Best of luck....... :lol:
Mick

YogiOz

Postby smeghead on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:09 am

Wow... what a difference the flash made!! Bit too soon to see a fuel economy difference but the truck is truly purrrrrrrring....
Sean

'07 | GLX-R | 3.2 DiD | Manual | Gunmetal Grey

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
smeghead

Postby YogiOz on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:36 am

Sure does purr! My fuel went immediately to 10 l/100 and over the next 300 kms worked it's way back to 11. Hit the reset switch - straight to 12 and then settled on 10. The test will be how long the tank lasts as this updates the kms to go for the next tank.
Last edited by YogiOz on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mick

YogiOz

Postby subi_man on Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:48 am

This is sounding good guys 8-)
Andrew

subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby applause on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:48 pm

Hi guys,

I am new to this site and noticed some chat re high fuel usage. Can someone explain the ECU Flash? I am using about 12.8ltrs/100kms at the moment.
YogiOz, your fuel improvement down to 10 is exactly what I am looking for. Should I mention at the next service (which is the 30k) that I think they should check the Flash?

Any advice is gratefully accepted. this is a great forum - glad I stumbled on it.

Cheers
applause

Postby doug on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:21 pm

Hey Smeghaed, YogiOz,

Could you advise which dealer have you been visiting ? even a suburb would be a suffiecent help.

I am hoping to find the best place to service in/around the ACT and would be interested in your experience.
doug

Postby YogiOz on Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:09 am

Applause,

They should do the reflash automatically but it couldn't hurt to mention it. Also I have been getting good results with BP (the normal not Ultimate).

Doug,

Commonwealth Motors, Phillip

The Mitsy service dept is behind the Holden showroom.

Great people and great service! :) :) :) :)
Mick

YogiOz

Postby Homer on Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:09 am

Hey applause, your truck is diesel right?

The profiles don't show what engine you've got.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Homer on Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:17 am

Hijack:
Dave/Buzzy, is it just diesel snobbery that peoples shed show everything but the engine of the car. Do you elitists just assume we all drive rattly, smelly, oil burning, smoke machines?
Just joking on the payout (I towed a 2.5t trailer yesterday and thought to myself a diesel might be alright!) but would be helpful when people ask questions - for instance the factory donuts thing went on for months because nobody quoted the model or tyre size.
Hijack over.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Buzzy on Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:24 am

Homer wrote:Hijack:
Dave/Buzzy, is it just diesel snobbery that peoples shed show everything but the engine of the car. Do you elitists just assume we all drive rattly, smelly, oil burning, smoke machine?

Ummmmmmmmmmm................Yes! :lol:
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Return to Servicing