Servicing in Brisbane

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Servicing in Brisbane

Postby c_g_howard on Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:54 pm

So after falling off my chair and having to explain to the Service Manager that I was wanting a 60,000km service and not put down a deposit on a new vehicle I called around....

I found a service centre in Windsor which is half the price of the dealers group. They are responsible for the fleet servicing of Mitsubishi leased vehicles and offer great prices....

For a 60,000 service for a 2009, 2.5ltr TD I was quoted $1,250... price at the othe place $650...

They are even cheaper on the fixed price service programs as well...

food for thought!!
c_g_howard

Re: Servicing in Brisbane

Postby Declan88 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:42 pm

Will definitely check them out. Thanks man
Declan88

Postby evlids on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:55 am

I'd be making sure they are carrying out the same service,

A few hundred dollars difference between workshops is normal. $600 means they either charge you 1/1-th the labour or some genious in there workshop decided things like adjusting valves is a waste of time so they just do an "auditory check".

I have a 3.2 ml so don't know whats in the 60k for your car but that sounds a bit too much of a difference to me. Maybe ask for a breakdown from both on costs. I sure as hell wouldn't pay $1250 for any service but I'd be wary of the differences.
evlids

Postby Froggy on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:14 am

The extra $600 will be the valve clearance adjustment that your cheaper place will not do.
Sometimes it's not worth skimping on servicing in the long run.
That's up to you.
Froggy

Postby c_g_howard on Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:16 pm

Thanks for the concerns guys... what I found was that all the mobile mechanics and even the local repairers were all in the same ballpark in regards to the cost of servicing. The place I chose was due to proximity to where I live and also the fact that it had many new and old mitsubishi vehicles in the workshop and that they also looked after fleet vehicles... at the end of the day this was my experience and i thought i would share.

I owned a Jeep (one big mistake!) many years ago and I would have it serviced by the dealer. I actually found them to be incompetent in repairing and problem solving issues... therefore what i took from that experience was just because its the dealer and you pay more, dont expect better service and results!!

I was contact by the sales manager of one of the dealerships who are on this forum. I called him up to understand the pricing.

Firstly the quote I was given (which was similar to 3 of the Mitsubishi dealers) was incorrect. It should have been $1,050. Can't work out why I was told differently by a member of their team but many thanks for the clarification.

Secondly, members of this forum receive a discount which brought the cost to $820 or thereabouts.

In any case, $170 is still a lot in my books so I went to the cheaper option. I can report after picking the car up that the valves have been adjusted and were not just "checked". All the service requirements were carried out (itemised) and the car works....

Another point to consider was for a normal service from the service centre I chose the quote is between $250 - $280 compared to the discounted price of $395 or the non-discounted price of $550... again the difference is considerable.

I would like to say thanks for the personal message from the Mitsubishi service manager and also for the conversation to clarify this, i really appreciate your efforts on this and respect your knowledge and integrity and also the extra effort you go to in supporting the dealership you work for.
c_g_howard

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:43 pm

Yeah he's a top bloke that one, assuming we're talking about the same one. If you've found a good place that's doing all the work properly and using genuine bits then good for you, good mechanics don't seem easy to find anymore. Just be super careful to keep all the paperwork in order to make sure you don't leave any gaps for argument in the event of any future warranty claims, just in case.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby oldplodder on Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:47 pm

Just had a bad experience with Motorama at Moorooka, Brisbane.
Well a series of them!
Had it serviced there since new, a 2012 model.
Always been suspicious they cut corners.
They just got found out.
Put the triton into my local mechanic I have used for years to get the diff oils done.
Yep, the back diff had water in it from a trip to the Kimberleys last year.
When I came back I got the 30,000k service done early, diff and gearbox oil check part of the service.
Went to pick it up and not a mark in the red dust on the back diff, around the plug.
So asked the service guy if the diff had been checked, saying I had been through some creek crossings.
I got a bit insistent about it, so he put it back in the workshop while I waited.
Came back with the ute and said " ÿes, now checked, all OK".
Local mechanic just checked it and it has water in the diff.
This is the original oil from new, and only creek crossings were in the Kimberleys.
Now it is a good few months later.
Writing a letter to Mitsubishi, and ccíng a copy to Motorama, pointing out if I have diff problems in the next few years while under warranty, it is a lack of service problem that most probably has caused it.

This case I can prove lack of servicing to the manual, and not completing what I have paid for.
The other cases of "did they really do that", such as oil changes, tappet checks etc, I can not prove, but wondered if they have done the service properly, if at all.

Regards
John C
oldplodder
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Lunny on Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:38 pm

mate... dont get me started on Motorama.... bunch of [can't use that word here].......

On another note... im happy to pay the $100 and something extra to take it to someone i know for a fact will go that ectra mile to get it done right.

i just have my 90000 done today and rear main seal... looks after me well..
Last edited by NowForThe5th on Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language
Lunny
Lunny

Postby tritonturbo on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:31 am

I rung a Mitsubishi dealer about getting my 3.2 ML decarboned and valves done it was expensive if I didnt have the new type manifold $1400, so I think I found the place in Windsor that is mentioned here and got the valve shims done and inlet manifold de carboned which they had to take off and chisel the carbon out of it and hot tank it and they put in a new rocker gasket and fuel line gaskets it cost $790 .They were friendly and helpful and stayed back on a Friday afternoon to make sure it was done. It goes like new now the port holes were down to 10mm it was the worst one they had seen.
tritonturbo

Postby deermaster on Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:10 pm

evlids wrote:I'd be making sure they are carrying out the same service,

A few hundred dollars difference between workshops is normal. $600 means they either charge you 1/1-th the labour or some genious in there workshop decided things like adjusting valves is a waste of time so they just do an "auditory check".

I have a 3.2 ml so don't know whats in the 60k for your car but that sounds a bit too much of a difference to me. Maybe ask for a breakdown from both on costs. I sure as hell wouldn't pay $1250 for any service but I'd be wary of the differences.

I think my 60000service for ML3.2 was around $650 mark now I get all servicing done at another place as the other place usually only did half the job. Like not greasing not cleaning air filter and then pumping my tyres up to around 46PSI which I noticed driving home as near broke my back on bumps. Never again, the Goodyear guys in Ipswich are great to deal with and do everything right and cheap too. Very happy with their service :D
deermaster

Postby fisher480 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:23 pm

Who are the service people at Windsor?
fisher480

Postby Dans Tri on Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:06 pm

Can anyone comment on the capalaba Mitsubishi? I've just moved to Cleveland and its the closest one now.
Dans Tri
Platinum Subscriber

Postby CDT015 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:26 pm

Dans Tri wrote:Can anyone comment on the capalaba Mitsubishi? I've just moved to Cleveland and its the closest one now.

I asked the same question some time ago: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=9785&p=207762&hilit=capalaba#p207762
Interesting reading
cdtcars ©2009 5 Star Distilling
CDT015

Postby 4wd26 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:54 pm

They have changed hands since those stories from 2011
They are now part of the bartons group, think it was zupps before

I've not been back though
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby coughy on Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:52 pm

Dans Tri wrote:Can anyone comment on the capalaba Mitsubishi? I've just moved to Cleveland and its the closest one now.

they are crap dont go there service manager is a ignorant foul with a bad attitude to his customers
i for one will not be going back there ..
had the service campain done lastmonth and still had to take it back after there techs didnt fill up the motor or the overflow bottles properly
that was the last straw for me never AND I MEAN NEVER AGAIN idiots...
Read this First ;) ;)Then still cant find what you are after
Use this Second ;) ;)Then still no Joy Go Here
Look in this thread 8-) 8-)
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Dans Tri on Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:41 pm

Thanks fellas looks like I'll take it to the brother in law at mt gravatt
Dans Tri
Platinum Subscriber

Postby hvac guy on Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:54 pm

Hows browns plains now days
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.
hvac guy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Lunny on Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:41 pm

Find out Monday hVAC... service campaign on monday... seen lee left us.. and his old site couldnt do it til new year and wanted car for 3 days...without replacement car.. i cant afford to not have car.
Lunny
Lunny

Postby hvac guy on Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:44 pm

They have a new service manager there now I nearly punched the old one out at my 1000k service. Then I found lee but browns plains is 5min away. Let us know how they go the new shop looks good.
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.
hvac guy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mitch_o on Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:48 pm

Anyone had any experience with bartons at wynnum??
mitch_o

Postby fridgie on Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:58 pm

mitch_o wrote:Anyone had any experience with bartons at wynnum??

Charged for tappets which weren't done, refusal to believe issues with vehicle even when shown, handbrake not working and no adjustment made (had to go back and make them do that one)..... And I bought my triton through them.....

Haven't been there for about 4 or so years now due to Lee but I'm almost due for my 120k service.... Looks like I'll be going to kia to keep my sanity with a service manager I trust ;)
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby Mount Mee Triton on Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:40 pm

I have a fixed price arrangement from a dealer in northern brisbane for first 200K`s @ $530/service. I believe this is a good rate by sounds of things?
Just done the 60000 service also and I believe the tappets aren`t adjusted at this service schedule.

I am looking around for non oem repairers...particularly for diesel performance, any advice or recommendations for Northside shops whom look after triton`s in all maters mechanical?
Mount Mee Triton

Postby mitch_o on Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:45 am

I'm coming up on my 30k service and with bartons capalaba and wynnum being my closet dealers I was going to go there, though after the stories I've heard I might be giving it a miss!

Fridgie I thought Lee had left misty??

So do we have a decent dealer in Brisbane for service/warranty work???
mitch_o

Postby Lee-thal on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:14 am

Mitch, No longer with Mitsy,

I am still with Eagers just working with a different brand since they sold Mits,

I can look after any servicing (not Capped Price) but cant do warranty work.

But Servicing will not affect your warranty in any way, we still do the log book with genuine parts and can still do all the computer stuff needed.
Lee-thal

Postby mitch_o on Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:00 pm

Hey Lee,

PM sent thanks mate!
mitch_o

Next

Return to Servicing