Servicing in Brisbane

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Re: Servicing in Brisbane

Postby Jacobie on Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:19 am

Headley wrote:Guys has anyone used Ultimate Diesel Tuning?

I drove past their triton this morning, they have a shop in Geebung on the north side. Apparently they do tune ups and ecu/dyno work so i have asked them a quote for a tune up and remap the ECU to make it more responsive.

Just waiting to hear back from them now

I haven't been through them personally but hear some good things coming from them.
2013 MN GLX-R

Build Thread: Jacobie's 2013 MN GLX-R
Jacobie

Postby Headley on Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:40 am

Just called them due to not getting a prompt reply email.

$1420 for a custom ECU remap and ERG clean/upgrade. I said i want to remove the lack of throttle response to get out the way of oncoming traffic quicker haha

Will book that in for next fortnight i think.

It's an all day job to do, drop off at 8am and pick up at 5.
Headley

Postby rocker68 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:57 am

Ultimate now charge $1495 for ECU re-map and $2495 if you want your top end cleaned inc egr. Intake etc done on their machine that doesn’t require the parts be removed. Got the quote last week as I was looking at a diesel ML. Have now purchased a petrol one instead so looking for a good joint to get it the once over. Is Lee-that still at Eagers Kia Kedron?? Or any other Triton friendly workshops? I’m in Carina, Brisbane. Thanks in advance
rocker68

Postby coughy on Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:22 pm

i have there tune lets say im not impressed and a nother of my mates has there tune not good
im getting it tuned at a nother shop soon as they dont do the tuning they send the file away and just load it and show the files to a third party.... not happy as they dont even use your own file to do it ggggrrr wish i new this before i went there...

shop in slacks creek SO MUCH better i have driven there tune in a nother challenger and this this pulls hard and has 33" tyres and still got 155hp at the wheels safely with close to 580nm torque it is a beast and still going strong years later
he is my mate and use to work at this place so they tested and tested on his car to get it right

oh and NO SMOKE either...

Just saying
Read this First ;) ;)Then still cant find what you are after
Use this Second ;) ;)Then still no Joy Go Here
Look in this thread 8-) 8-)
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby coughy on Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:25 pm

rocker68 wrote:Ultimate now charge $1495 for ECU re-map and $2495 if you want your top end cleaned inc egr. Intake etc done on their machine that doesn’t require the parts be removed. Got the quote last week as I was looking at a diesel ML. Have now purchased a petrol one instead so looking for a good joint to get it the once over. Is Lee-that still at Eagers Kia Kedron?? Or any other Triton friendly workshops? I’m in Carina, Brisbane. Thanks in advance

Rocker i say go to ryan at this place great bloke and done BS you if it needs it he sayso if not he tells you next time
http://ultimateautocarecleveland.com.au/

he is a my old next door neighbour but great service and great prices
Read this First ;) ;)Then still cant find what you are after
Use this Second ;) ;)Then still no Joy Go Here
Look in this thread 8-) 8-)
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Marchy on Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:05 pm

Looking for advice to get some work done to my ML 3.2 with 280kon it out Ipswich way(happy to travel if not too far)
It has not had any scheduled servicing done for a while (180,000km) and I think it’s time to let a pro run their eyes over it.
Thinking the valve clearances and timing chain might be due for a look as well as just a good once over depending on its health check I might go for a tune at this point, as the old chipit has been a little temperamental if late and towing the boat sucks without said chip.

I have blue ribbon Mitsubishi just around the corner but having never been I know nothing of their service (couple of recalls due too I’m thinking) so will have to go to a dealer either way at some stage.
Marchy

Postby rocker68 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:18 pm

I ended up taking mine to Lee's workshop at KIA Kedron, although Lee was not there on the day he'd kindly booked me in and ordered the parts required for a full service and fluid changes.
As expected there was a few issues, mainly oil leaks the boys had to do and did well to get it all done in a day.

Unfortunately the 4x4 light flashing on the dash that was intermittent now flashed all the time.Since I had the car ('07 petrol GLXR) booked in at Mt Gravatt Mitsubishi the following week for airbag & turn signal recall I asked them to check 4x4 warning light also.
They told me it was the front diff solenoid. They had the part in stock but was a 4 hour job to change so it would have to come back. I was quoted $779 to do it.

I had a look on eBay when I got home found the part for $89 (Gen Mits) and ordered it. Looked up youtube to see what and where it was and when the part arrived changed it out in the driveway in less than an hour. No hoist, no fancy spanners, lead lights etc. So why does it take Mt Gravatt Mitsubishi 4 hours to do it???
They were kind enough to charge me $145 extra on the day to tell me that the error code was the diff sensor too.
rocker68

Postby WUNSIE on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:42 pm

From what I can gather Techos in dealerships are Text Book Mechanics, if they haven't got something to look up what the symptoms are, they just keep guessing until they nail it, at your cost, then work out how many nuts, bolts, etc etc have to be removed, add it all up then you foot the bill.
Not knocking all of them as I had an unreal techo at a Toyota dealership, who could diagnose issues just by listening to help pin point it, but unfortunately he,s moved on.
WUNSIE

Postby CDT015 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:19 am

Does anybody know if Leethal is still servicing our cars?
I’ve tried ringing his mobile but just keeps going to message bank
Cheers
Andrew
cdtcars ©2009 5 Star Distilling
CDT015

Postby furious on Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:41 pm

Be interested to know to as coming up for timing belt replacement.
furious
Platinum Subscriber

Postby CDT015 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:45 am

Lee actually contacted me so all good and moving along as normal :D
cdtcars ©2009 5 Star Distilling
CDT015

Postby furious on Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:10 pm

CDT015 wrote:Lee actually contacted me so all good and moving along as normal :D

Great. Is he still at kedron.?
furious
Platinum Subscriber

Postby MN Driver on Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:57 am

I don't know about Brisbane but if you're willing to take a quick trip up to the sunny coast, give the guys at opposite Lock a call and ask for Nick. It might be worth the trip for the savings that you will make. I got a remap on my mn for $1250 and got 162hp out of it. they have been great to deal with
MN Driver

Postby Lee-thal on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:46 pm

Hey Guys, been absent from here for a bit,

Yep still at Kedron, Same place, Just a Nissan Dealer now not Kia, But still doing Mitsy stuff as much as i can,

Can still get me on 36343300 or lmccarthy@eagersnissan.com.au
Lee-thal

Postby micv on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:52 am

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic for servicing my MN around Darra/Sumner Park area?

I used to go to Lee in Kedron but he has apparently moved on and it is the end of an era.

Cheers
micv

Postby mad992 on Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:35 pm

MN Driver wrote:I don't know about Brisbane but if you're willing to take a quick trip up to the sunny coast, give the guys at opposite Lock a call and ask for Nick. It might be worth the trip for the savings that you will make. I got a remap on my mn for $1250 and got 162hp out of it. they have been great to deal with

Yeah Nope....... Robbers Dogs
mad992

Postby mid080 on Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:18 pm

micv wrote:Hi all,
Can anyone recommend a good mechanic for servicing my MN around Darra/Sumner Park area?
I used to go to Lee in Kedron but he has apparently moved on and it is the end of an era.
Cheers

I go to Anpol Auto Service Centre at Darra and recommend them. I have a MN.
Ring and have a chat to them & get a quote.

Cheers
mid080

Postby micv on Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:25 pm

Hi mid, that's ironic because I also went there over a few years and was happy until I had a couple of bad experiences with him and I chose not to go back on principle, in particular when one of my high pressure fuel lines was leaking after he did a valve adjustment and he wouldn't own the problem. May be I have to swallow my pride and go back.
Cheers
micv

Previous

Return to Servicing