Cleaning the MN intake manifold of carbon

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Cleaning the MN intake manifold of carbon

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:25 pm

So as might have been apparent from recent discussion in the ML manifold cleaning thread, I am trying to put together an equivalent MN guide. I've been lazy about it until today when I spent a few hours on it instead of doing something else I should have been doing...

Anyway as the actual cleaning job is very involved I thought I'd assemble all of the stuff from the manual to use as reference diagrams etc to ensure whoever tries to use the guide gets a full lot of information.

The catch I've run into is that I have more than one manifold diagram and they are different. In part this may be because the manuals originate overseas and there may be some subtle differences in configuration but I suspect there is also a date factor with one being newer than the other.

Anyway I attach two PDFs. Could anyone who know about such things have a look and see if they can tell which is more like our Australian Tritons please?

Euro manifold image.pdf

Alternate manifold image.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Return to Servicing