Triton shudder

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Triton shudder

Postby rexxy01 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:07 pm

Hi Guys,

I am in need of some help with my MN GlX manual triton.

It has developed a problem where I will be sitting on a speed for a little while and then take my foot off the accelerator and there will be a shudder, almost feels like it is going to bunny hop. It doesn't do it all of the time either.

If anyone could give me some advise on what could be causing this that would be great. Its going in for the 15,000km service in a weeks time. The car is completely stock.

Thanks
Sam
rexxy01

Re: Triton shudder

Postby charger265 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:02 pm

If you could provide more details of when it happens eg/what speed and also where its coming from...

You can always have a look here for answers

search.php?keywords=shudder&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
charger265

Postby Naff on Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:21 pm

Is it a few jerks as if maybe a valve is sticking or not closing smoothly? Or a shudder like a vibration?
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby rexxy01 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:35 pm

Hey Thankyou for your replys.
It can happen at any speed but usually only when there has been a constant speed kept. It almost feels like something is sticking not a vibration. Like the motor is almost skiping a beat.
rexxy01

Postby AnOldFart on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:26 am

rexxy01 wrote:Hey Thankyou for your replys.
It can happen at any speed but usually only when there has been a constant speed kept. It almost feels like something is sticking not a vibration. Like the motor is almost skiping a beat.

Have a look at the other threads on here dealing with the 'sticking SCV valve' and see if the symptoms match what you're experiencing.... ;)
Quote: "Only two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I really am not certain about the Universe !" - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
AnOldFart
Platinum Subscriber

Postby nlgraham on Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:58 pm

Gday Rexxy01,

Is it more noticeable when you suddenly take your foot off the accelerator or cancel cruise control? If so I am told it can be due to the Turbo coming off boost.
nlgraham

Return to Servicing