Good diesel mechanic in Penrith, NSW?

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Good diesel mechanic in Penrith, NSW?

Postby Goplayoutdoors on Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:47 pm

G'day guys,

Can anyone recommend a good diesel mechanic in or near Penrith, NSW?

My 2010 mn has recently started coughing, surging and generally feeling like its going to stall at low revs and blowing a tonne of smoke anytime I put my foot down. I'm keen to find someone good local to start using and get away from mitsi service centres now that warranty is up.

Goplay.
Goplayoutdoors

Re: Good diesel mechanic in Penrith, NSW?

Postby g4cube on Fri May 15, 2015 4:42 pm

Is castle hill to far away?

If not try west end diesel.

1300 WEST END
Wetherill Park
26 Davis Road Wetherill Park NSW 2164
(02) 9757 7373
Castle Hill
U6/4 Anella Avenue Castle Hill NSW 2154
(02) 9659 0096
sales@westenddiesel.com.au
2009 GLX-R dual cab ARB Winch Bar and Alpha Canopy charcoal colour. Now with a 2" lift from ultimate. ARB rear step bar
g4cube

Postby AnOldFart on Fri May 15, 2015 8:25 pm

Goplayoutdoors wrote:G'day guys,
Can anyone recommend a good diesel mechanic in or near Penrith, NSW?
My 2010 mn has recently started coughing, surging and generally feeling like its going to stall at low revs and blowing a tonne of smoke anytime I put my foot down. I'm keen to find someone good local to start using and get away from mitsi service centres now that warranty is up.
Goplay.

JUST add a 300ml dose of Castrol Activ 2T (FC Rated mineral oil based 2 Stroke oil) to your next full fuel tank refill and you'll -most probably- immediately fix all of your problems that you've listed above... ;)
Once your rig is behaving nicely again, then just add 100ml of the same 2T jooce to -each- full tank refill from then on and you'll continue to be a happy man and you'll also have saved yourself a whole pile of your hard earned dough that you would have otherwise spent / wasted, on -expensve- "good diesel mechanics" .
If that -doesn't- fix your problems then search the Forum for "Cleaning the MAF Sensor" and do what it says there.
If -none- of that fixes your -problems- ..THEN.. go spend your money on expensive diesel mechanics... :D
Quote: "Only two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I really am not certain about the Universe !" - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
AnOldFart
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snakesoup on Fri May 15, 2015 9:02 pm

hey old farts what about outboard 2stroke oil ????
snakesoup

Postby AnOldFart on Sat May 16, 2015 2:45 pm

snakesoup wrote:hey old farts what about outboard 2stroke oil ????

The -important- criteria "snakes" is that it -must- be FC Rated (extremely low ash forming) -and- high quality "Mineral Base Oil" based 2 Stroke oil. Dont ever be tempted to use "Synthetic" based 2 Stroke oil as I've seen reports that it can cause "Gelling" of your diesel under some conditions and the thought of having your -entire- fuel system clogged with "Gelled" fuel just doesn't even bear thinking about.... :shock:
Castrol Activ 2T is simply the most commonly available one which ticks all of the required boxes.... ;)
I wouldn't personally like to say yes or no about your particular Outboard oil you're talking about without first knowing if it meets all of the criteria I've mentioned above.... :?:
The other thing to also keep in mind with outboard 2 Stroke oil is that it is designed to operate in marine water cooled engines which run lower temps and probably lower revs also, than the bikes and hotter running small engines that the Castrol Activ 2T is designed for. In other words the Castrol Activ 2T is designed for safe use at higher temps and in higher stressed small engines so it -probably- uses a higher quality base oil, and additives, than the marine 2 Stroke oil formulations do, as well.
Just personally, I'd stick with the stuff that's known to work, without the extra worry about undue risks.... ;)
Quote: "Only two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I really am not certain about the Universe !" - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
AnOldFart
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snakesoup on Sat May 16, 2015 5:04 pm

thank you for that smelly farts :-)
snakesoup

Postby AnOldFart on Sat May 16, 2015 5:57 pm

snakesoup wrote:thank you for that smelly farts :-)

I didn't realise that you had been "sniffing" my 2T -"exhaust pipe"- snakes.... ;) :D :lol:
AnOldFart
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Snooozy on Sat May 16, 2015 7:51 pm

I have used outboard 2t in the past.
it was the Yamaha branded one. Dont have it any more so cannot give you the actual specs
never caused any issues.

as AOF said, if you are not sure just go with the castrol - it's what I currently use.
Snooozy
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Servicing