Postby Lee-thal on Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:45 pm

What year model is your car? Not all of them are done at 60k anymore,
$1300 bloody expensive for 60k with valves,
We are around $800 for that job,
Lee-thal

Re: 60K service

Postby braydenc on Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:11 pm

MN 2013 mate
2013 MN dual Cab check my Instagram out heaps of 4x4 pics https://www.instagram.com/4x4campingandadventures/
braydenc

Postby Lee-thal on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:57 am

Yep, Your valves are done first of all at 30k, Then at 75k then every 30 afterwards (during warranty they should anyway) My personal opinion is every 60000km is more than acceptable,
Lee-thal

Postby Maxiy on Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:36 pm

Just got my MN back from its 60k. $800 bucks :shock:

Not sure if i got ripped or not, i did get the front pads changed, discs machined, tyres rotated, balanced and an alignment, ontop of all the usual 60k stuff. Does $800 sound over the top??

I noticed they charged $88 for 6.5l of oil :o :shock: :?

I get 20l for $95. Theirs must be SUPER MAGIC oil
Maxiy

Postby AussieAnth on Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:41 am

I remember going to a private mechanic for my 30k service, as they were about $150 cheaper than the local Mitzy dealer. Now its due for 60k service, and Mitzy quotes me $530 for fixed price servicing, while the same mechanic wants $920! No brainer there, although I much prefer the private mob for their expertise. Nearly $400 cheaper is too much to pass on.

I've a 2013 manual dual cab. Just looked into the fixed price program, and its only available for vehicles still in warranty, purchased after late 2012, and only up to the 60k service.

Are valve clearances done every 30k? or at the 30k service then 75k then every 30k as Lee-thal suggests above?
MY13 GLX Plus pack dual cab Triton.

My MN & ML Triton WORKSHOP MANUAL page on DropBox. Take a look.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mmyqr05gb8c8hgv/eKE4W216Dj

FORUM DIRECTORY
http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8230
AussieAnth
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Adam_1008 on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:10 am

AussieAnth wrote:I remember going to a private mechanic for my 30k service, as they were about $150 cheaper than the local Mitzy dealer. Now its due for 60k service, and Mitzy quotes me $530 for fixed price servicing, while the same mechanic wants $920! No brainer there, although I much prefer the private mob for their expertise. Nearly $400 cheaper is too much to pass on.

I've a 2013 manual dual cab. Just looked into the fixed price program, and its only available for vehicles still in warranty, purchased after late 2012, and only up to the 60k service.

Are valve clearances done every 30k? or at the 30k service then 75k then every 30k as Lee-thal suggests above?

I just had my 30k service done and they said they’ll listen to the car and if it sounds “knocky” they’ll check the valve clearances but if it sounds ok they won’t bother. They said if valves need to be adjusted it’ll be about a 7 hour service but if they don’t need doing it’ll be 2 hour service. Hat was a local mechanic not mitzy dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adam_1008

Postby AussieAnth on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:47 am

I'd be concerned that if you're still in warranty, and your log book shows you didn't have valve clearances done, then you might void warranty on your engine in some circumstances if the dealer can show a fault was caused by skipping the valve adjustments. Mind you, you can probably just tick the box in the service manual after!.

FORUM DIRECTORY
AussieAnth
Platinum Subscriber

Postby AussieAnth on Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:31 pm

Well I was flat out wrong. As others stated, 60k service is not a valve clearance adjustment, just an audible check for issues. Next valve clearance adjustment is indeed 75k or more. Paid $530 and basically had an oil, filter, diff oil change plus a long list of checks.

FORUM DIRECTORY
AussieAnth
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Jason91 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:21 am

AussieAnth wrote:Well I was flat out wrong. As others stated, 60k service is not a valve clearance adjustment, just an audible check for issues. Next valve clearance adjustment is indeed 75k or more. Paid $530 and basically had an oil, filter, diff oil change plus a long list of checks.

Yep I just had my 75 Service done last week and paid nearly $600 after I supplied the oil for a valve clearance and an oil change. I was less then impressed. Going to seriously look at my options for next time
Jason91

Postby RHKTriton on Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:21 am

For engines needing periodic valve check/adjustments, you'd think the enjuneers would have designed a rocker cover that doesn't need dismantling of everything around it just to get it off!

The auto industry is full of stupid design elements, even our little SX4 has a situation where you have to remove the radiator fan just to get to the oil filter.

Point in a nutshell, most vehicles don't seem to be designed for efficient servicing these days.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby pete10 on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:08 pm

i had a 30,000 service at a mitsi dealer done on my 2015 mn...service manager assured me they do the valve clearances.On the bill for 595 fixed price it has new gaskets etc because of the valve clearances.The rocker cover had been taken off..but thats it..i could tell by the marks on the bolts.So they didnt do it but still charged for the accessories.Magnatec 15/40 diesel oil..$95 for 6.4 ltrs lowest spec oil for the 4d56.What a joke.I have a thing with dealers.I use them until they stitch me up.Wont be going back.Also after the brake fluid change...brakes have been squealing.
pete10

Postby bopoulos on Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:49 pm

Got my 60k service done at the dealer in late December last year. GLX MY15. Paid about $580 I think it was on fixed priced servicing.
Went outback a couple of times since then and have put another 10k on the clock. One thing I did learn is that the original battery died on me at about 67K. I was very, very lucky I had stopped at a roadside town that night and not 400 k's in the middle of nowhere as I was 12 hours earlier.
Lesson learnt, always travel with a spare battery.
bopoulos

Postby track01 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:26 pm

hi guys. I have had my mn truck serviced by a local guy $630. :?: non genuine oil and fuel filter was used is my warranty still ok.paid $630. included brake and diff flush.
track01

Postby leonbee on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:10 pm

track01 wrote:hi guys. I have had my mn truck serviced by a local guy $630. :?: non genuine oil and fuel filter was used is my warranty still ok.paid $630. included brake and diff flush.

Yes your warranty is fine. Unless the filters fail and cause a problem, you will have to go back to the mechanic who will claim off his supplier who will have a disclaimer and big layers, then you will have to sue the mechanic and yer very messy.

This is very unlikely to happen. Genuine is best as it designed to be reliable to get the truck through the 5 year warranty without issue and cost to Mitsubishi as others are made to a price. what filters did he use ?

$630 sounds expensive, did he have a gold tooth when he smiled and took your money. Diff oils do not need changing until the 75k service.
leonbee

Postby track01 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:33 am

leonbee wrote:
track01 wrote:hi guys. I have had my mn truck serviced by a local guy $630. :?: non genuine oil and fuel filter was used is my warranty still ok.paid $630. included brake and diff flush.

Yes your warranty is fine. Unless the filters fail and cause a problem, you will have to go back to the mechanic who will claim off his supplier who will have a disclaimer and big layers, then you will have to sue the mechanic and yer very messy.

This is very unlikely to happen. Genuine is best as it designed to be reliable to get the truck through the 5 year warranty without issue and cost to Mitsubishi as others are made to a price. what filters did he use ?

$630 sounds expensive, did he have a gold tooth when he smiled and took your money. Diff oils do not need changing until the 75k service.

k thanx the filter was a Maxx
track01

Postby 98kellrs on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:49 am

I just paid $619 at Melville Mitsubishi here in Perth for my 60k service on my MN (completed at 55k).
98kellrs

Postby leonbee on Mon May 07, 2018 8:29 pm

98kellrs wrote:I just paid $619 at Melville Mitsubishi here in Perth for my 60k service on my MN (completed at 55k).

With genuine parts... Maxx filters are ok thou
leonbee

Postby OffRoadDave on Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:41 pm

Ugh, $530 for the 60K service, invoice says rear diff oil change but be buggered if I can see any tool marks on the drain plug, only marks on the filler. Pretty unlikely that they would suck the oil out through the filler or am I just being silly not believing the oil change was done?

Quicker for me to change it myself than go and deal with those charlatans at Frankston Mitsubishi again. :evil:
OffRoadDave

Postby Ray57MQ on Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:51 pm

Pretty crook if that's what they did (or didn't) :shock:
When my turns comes for this will install my temporary pinhole camera near the bumhole :lol:
Don’t take life so seriously, it isn’t permanent
Ray57MQ

Postby SLIMaxPower on Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:03 pm

Mine MY14 MN due for it's 60000 tomorrow - Mitsi called me up the other day and says its an intermediate service $179 and will only need it for an hour lol.
SLIMaxPower
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Enid_Triton on Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:48 pm

OffRoadDave wrote:be buggered if I can see any tool marks on the drain plug, only marks on the filler. Pretty unlikely that they would suck the oil out through the filler or am I just being silly not believing the oil change was done?:

Mate thats not being silly these days, I always mark the filters and any other stuff I can before any of my vehicles go for a service. I had a Hyundai go for a service & they were supposed to change the Gearbox oil and they didn't do it, but they charged me for it. Like you I could not see any tool marks, the paint stripe on the nut had not been broken either & it still had road grime lodged around the sealing washer on the drain plug.
Did they do a song and dance when I hit them up about it the next day, they pooh hoohed the paint mark on the plug & the road grime & said that my claim was bogus. They tried to make out I was scamming them.
So I stood my ground and argued with them for about 20 minutes and eventually told them that the only way I was going to be satisfied was if they drained the oil out of the gearbox in front of me.
If it was clean I had to pay for their time, new oil & apologize etc, & probably cop a whole lot more abuse from them too.
So they did it and the oil was dirty as! They knew they had been Busted and the mood changed.
I got all of my service money back, movie tickets & a fuel voucher.
Enid_Triton

Postby RHKTriton on Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:03 am

And, then you should tell everyone that'll listen and never go back there.

I do all my own servicing. For not letting the Stealers take my hard earned dish, I can buy high quality oils and make sure all the tasks are actually carried out.

The 'culture' in the automotive dealer arena seems to be highly biased to rip in cash by any means for a large portion of them.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby OffRoadDave on Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:16 am

Enid_Triton wrote:
OffRoadDave wrote:be buggered if I can see any tool marks on the drain plug, only marks on the filler. Pretty unlikely that they would suck the oil out through the filler or am I just being silly not believing the oil change was done?:

Mate thats not being silly these days, I always mark the filters and any other stuff ....(snip)

To follow up from last year, I called them on it, and they admitted the diff oil wasn't changed and got me to come back in to do it, no free stuff for me though, just lost more of my time. It's now out of warranty now so all future services will be done by myself and I'll know it's been done.
OffRoadDave

Previous

Return to Servicing