Erratic idle, engine light and huge amount of lag on 2010 mn

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Erratic idle, engine light and huge amount of lag on 2010 mn

Postby Lachyglxr on Sat May 13, 2017 9:56 pm

Hey guys, I'm new to the page so if this belongs on another thread I apologise!!
Iv just bought a second hand mn 2010 glx-r AUTO, and for the first week it was great.
Then however, I began to notice it would dip a fair bit in revs when it was idling both on start up and when the engine was warm after an hour or two of driving.
I took it to the mechanic and he said egr was blocked which I knew was common in these vehicles, so he cleaned out the entire system and then put a blocking plate over it, however this only seemed to fix the problem for a few days.
Since then, my check engine light has come on and I am only getting about 450-500 ks out of a full tank.
Is there some thing else that could be causing this almost surging power in idle or am I over reacting and that's just how the autos are.
I have installed an adventure kings throttle controller and while that works quite well, the check engine light didn't come on until about 2 days after I installed it.

Thanks for any help, at this point I am desperate for any help I can get!
Cheers
Lachyglxr

Re: Erratic idle, engine light and huge amount of lag on 201

Postby BillMcQuade on Sun May 14, 2017 6:05 am

Did the mechanic remove and clean the inlet manifold and MAP sensor? If not, this needs to be done.

The blanking plate is also a waste of time, and can cause its own problems. The EGR should be closed using one of the electronic methods.
White 2013 MN GLX+ manual

"Tuned by Doctor Diesel"
BillMcQuade
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Servicing