1st free service, not happy

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

1st free service, not happy

Postby tookie on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:00 pm

:( hi guys

tooke my new vr double cab today for free service, at one of perths well knowen stearlers.

when picked it up found late on hadnt washed it propley. and some body , mr nobody , had put a nice dent and scatch on my brand new pride and joy . f---ken pi---sed off . told serive manager , he said it woundt have been one of my guys ,a custermer must have run in to it in car park, year fu---ken right i said.

has anybody else had trobble with there new toys??????????

tookie :(
tookie

Re: 1st free service, not happy

Postby rick on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:07 pm

wanneroo by chance :evil:
i think im a lesbian trapped in a mans body!!!
rick

Postby tookie on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:35 pm

how did you guess??

sounds like you know the deal :evil:
do you know some us its happened to from wanneroo??
tookie

Postby santaclews on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:41 pm

whats this washed with the service bit, mine was delivered back the same way they got it, not sure if you get much with the free service, told them that the handbrake needed adjusting but they gave it back the same and when I asked them about it the answer was I think its OK.
santaclews

Postby tookie on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:48 pm

know how you feel

thats what happens when they let little boys work on our 45000$$ pride and joy ,
they dont care, just give me the money , next please.no old fason service no more :evil:
tookie

Postby zaxis05 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:12 pm

Had mine in for its first service, just had the windows tinted and told them not to lower the windows, even taped up the controls to stop it, did it work........ no watched as the service guy put the drivers window down, hit the service rep up about it and she walked over and 3 of them stood around the door to block my view and put the window back up, then the rep had the check to say I was mistaken it hadnt been down, unreal!, needless to say the debate about my eyesight didnt go very well,
Service if you can call it that was only 30 mins in total time, I,ll vote with my wallet and go else where,dont mind if someone makes a mistake just own up to it, but dont try to bullsh-t me about what I saw from ten metres away.
Bit of a shame really as the Sales guy was great and straight up about the doing a deal, just let down by the service staff which is where it counts for me.
zaxis05

Postby Adz on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:21 pm

Seems to be the same no matter where you go...with some minor exceptions. I had nothing but dramas with the service centre at my original stealer. Steering alignment not done properly twice, but they assured me it had.

To me, anything that needs to be done under warranty, seems to get second rate attention as they're not getting paid to do the work.

It f**kin' sucks guys...especially the amount of money that we spend but I think that all they see is the $$$'s in the commission, so as long as they get the green in their pockets, then they dont give a sh*t!!
You can sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts.
Adz

Postby hicko on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:46 pm

On one of my services they washed the car but forgot to clean the air filter element.
Remember we do not inherit the earth from our ancestors
We borrow it from our children

My best day at work is still not as good as my worse day fishing
“Aren’t you wishing you were fishing “
hicko

Postby schimno on Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:15 pm

I refuse to go back to the dealers..have my own mechanic round the corner. Mind you I've had no issues with the local dealer here in Mandurah.. Always happy to help out..Touch wood it continues..(going in for a warranty recall amongest other things this Friday)
"Its not what you do, its how you do it"
schimno

Postby 4bfrolic on Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:31 pm

Adz wrote:To me, anything that needs to be done under warranty, seems to get second rate attention as they're not getting paid to do the work.

They actually do get paid Adz - the dealers claim labour & parts used in any warranty repair against Mitsubishi Aust.
It's part of the service managers job to fill in claim forms for every warranty repair job & make a story about how it took 2hrs to fix something that only took 10mins to repair - without being caught - that's how dealers make their money.
Dealers do nothing for free.
4bfrolic

Postby tookie on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:37 pm

hi im back

does anybody know a good dealer, or service place/mechanics to get triton serviced, near perth hills, where they wont dent it, wont scratch it and wont lie about it? anywhere where theres good tradesman that you can trust? :roll:
tookie

Postby tookie on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:42 pm

hi zaxis05, you're right in what you say about you walk in and all they see is your wallet. the same happened to me, the salesman that sold us the new VR doublecab was great to deal with even hounded him for a good deal and he pulled it off, then go back there to get the first service and the service manager let it all down. will never go back there to buy another car from them, let alone get my vehicle serviced, or recommend them to anyone else. i'm old fashioned, don't mind paying good money for quality work, but hate paying good money for sh*t work. :(
tookie

Postby rick on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:44 pm

d.v.g wanneroo :?: :?: :?: :?: by chance tookie
rick

Postby Adz on Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:02 am

4bfrolic wrote:
Adz wrote:To me, anything that needs to be done under warranty, seems to get second rate attention as they're not getting paid to do the work.

They actually do get paid Adz - the dealers claim labour & parts used in any warranty repair against Mitsubishi Aust.
It's part of the service managers job to fill in claim forms for every warranty repair job & make a story about how it took 2hrs to fix something that only took 10mins to repair - without being caught - that's how dealers make their money.
Dealers do nothing for free.

Ahh fair enough then....thanks for clearing that up for me 4bfrolic ;)
You can sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts.
Adz

Postby Dylan 191 on Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:15 am

rick wrote:d.v.g wanneroo :?: :?: :?: :?: by chance tookie

thats where i bought my car from and had planed to take it there for services and warranty work ...should i be going to a different dealer guys ??
Marge bring me your address book ,4 beers and my conversation hat !!
Dylan 191

Postby Binksy on Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:43 am

tookie wrote:hi im back

does anybody know a good dealer, or service place/mechanics to get triton serviced, near perth hills, where they wont dent it, wont scratch it and wont lie about it? anywhere where theres good tradesman that you can trust? :roll:

Avoid the one near Westfield Cannington.
I picked my GLX a couple of months ago, drove it two hours home to Australind only to find the next day I had oil on my driveway.
I rang my local service guy, who I hadn't met, and he got me in straight away.
What did he find? A broken off gearbox sensor. :o He reckoned it would have been broken from the ship..
The above mentioned Cannington service guys didn't even pick it up when they PD'd the car before giving it to me.

Happy with my Bunbury service rep so far. See what happens at 7500k.

Binksy
So Long and Thanks For All the Fish......
Binksy

Postby rick on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:39 am

Dylan 191 wrote:
rick wrote:d.v.g wanneroo :?: :?: :?: :?: by chance tookie

thats where i bought my car from and had planed to take it there for services and warranty work ...should i be going to a different dealer guys ??

they were crap at first but since giving them some shit are ok now.
rick

Postby Dylan 191 on Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:23 am

ok thanks rick i see how they go with the first service and take it from there
Marge bring me your address book ,4 beers and my conversation hat !!
Dylan 191

Postby spinner on Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:07 pm

When I took del of my new GLX-R I noticed a scratch under the radio and that the radio wasnt sitting in srtaight. I told them about it and they assured me they would "try and repair the scratch" when I bring it in for the first free service. When I took it in for its first free service I couldnt complain. Not only did they replace the whole front section of the dash where the radio sits they also fitted a Ipod cable that I had ordered through them FOC and washed and detailed the car. Pretty good service I think.
Thats going to hurt
spinner

Postby Naff on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:58 am

I've been happy with Mandurah too schimno, am hoping to get them to look at the carbon issue/manifold at the 45K.. and they always wash and vacuum the car (but I think someone short does it because I have had a racing stripe of dust on the roof each time :lol: )
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Jitsukablue on Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:55 pm

Rallyart Wanerroo (DVG), have been good to me so far. They had a work experience guy install my driving lights, but reworked it when requested, done one service there and some warranty stuff, been good.
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby darren4570 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:02 pm

tooke my new vr double cab today for free service, at one of perths well knowen stearlers.

when picked it up found late on hadnt washed it propley. and some body , mr nobody , had put a nice dent and scatch on my brand new pride and joy . f---ken pi---sed off . told serive manager , he said it woundt have been one of my guys ,a custermer must have run in to it in car park, year fu---ken right i said.

tookie, I picked up my triton (new as in delivery day ) and took it to get windows tinted. go to pick it up from tinters and he points out massive, i mean massive scrartches on the drivers side front glass and also driver side side glass.
I grill the tinter for the next hour about why they wheren't there when I dropped it off but are there on pick-up.
Poor bugger I feel sorry for him, the worst I've ever treated anyone.
Anyways tinter points out that thats where the delivery stickers are when they come off the truck......
So I stop off at a few other autoglass places to get further ammo (information) before going back to stealer.
Sure enough they confirm what the tinters telling me.

The first thing the stealer is trying to do is blame the tinter, "oh that's disgusting that someone could do that"....(shaking head)
I point out what everyone else has been telling me about the delivery stickers!!!!!....

(blank look from stealer)

I mention about where I will be spending my money in the future and the money of everone I come in contact with and he aggress to fix it, never admits that it could be there fault though.

I'm mean come on, I'm not stupid. there is no other way they could have got there other than the detailer with a blunt razor scratching the shit out of the glass to get the stickers off...

Why is it then when ppl or companies are plainly at fault you have to threaten them to get any customer service!!!!!

Sorry not musch to do with first service!!!!!
darren4570

Postby steve tas on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:43 pm

Funny you mention the scratches in the glass. All my windows are sctratched to crap, even the windscreen. Will hassle the dealer and see what he has to say...
steve tas

Postby sierra on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:56 pm

Repco sell some stuff to polish the glass, if the scratches aren't deep they might come out with a good rub?
About $17 from memory?
sierra

Postby Eelesy on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:36 pm

tookie wrote:how did you guess??

sounds like you know the deal :evil:
do you know some us its happened to from wanneroo??

I know this is old but i only just noticed it now, we should form a club and march on up there.

I had a nice dent/scratch when i picked up mine from its 30K service wich im certain wasnt there when i dropped it off. i told th service manager about it but at the end of day yuo have to prove they did it. it sucks ass
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Next

Return to Servicing