12 month service done today with GOOD NEWS

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

12 month service done today with GOOD NEWS

Postby boostedbmw on Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:39 pm

I left everything on the engine that i have modified. ie. DP Chip, boost bleed valve, both EGR blocking plates, Monsters boost cut module and the oil catch can. Nothing was noted on the service report and no faults or issues were reported. The main issue we were wondering about was the EGR plates. As someone else on her said they should not suspect anything unless they pulled these items apart. All is fine. I think that if i had a WARRANTY issue arise though i would remove all of these modifications before i reported to the dealer.
It's easier to get forgivness than permission.
boostedbmw

Re: 12 month service done today with GOOD NEWS

Postby Dylan 191 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:36 pm

just be carefull though , the dealer could put a note next to your file and when it comes to warranty claims they could bring it up ..... well sir last time you came in it had a dp chip on it so warranty void

my brother used to work as a service advisor at a ford place and the service manager would take note if it had been lowered , exhaust or chip etc

they are slimy sneaky bastards
Marge bring me your address book ,4 beers and my conversation hat !!
Dylan 191

Postby Homer on Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:28 pm

Dylan 191 wrote:they are slimy sneaky bastards

Yep they're that and more...sometimes.

They replaced all of my pistons...a somewhat large warranty claim I would think, and I had uni filter, chip and hi flow cat installed.

Just asked me to put the stock filter back in while running in.

I think as more service managers are being directed here (and there are a few now) the better the service and more understanding and forgiving they are of the guys who love their trucks.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Stu on Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:41 pm

I've always been a bit hesitant with my mitsu service guys, truth be known my triton hasn't been into a mitsu workshop since dec 07. Yesterday my wife took it in for the reflash and carbon build up and when I went to pick it up found that I know 2 of the guys in there, 1 is an old family friend that I've know for, well most of my life and another is a guy I met about 6 or 8 years ago. I spoke with them & the service manager about blocking the egr and they were happy for me to do it, well not "happy" like jumping up and down and waving their hands in the air but didn't recommend not to as they knew of the carbon issues and while they couldn't condone it, didn't say not to. The only thing they did say was that "if" it caused an issue then that particular issue would not be covered by warranty. All up I'm pretty happy with the outcome and I'm no longer scared of being up front with them about what I'm doing to the motor
If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of food
Stu

Postby Homer on Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:24 pm

Good news indeed mate.

I think as the carbon repairs become more commonplace, there might be more dealers in that boat.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Return to Servicing