Injector seals

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Injector seals

Postby boo-ya on Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:55 pm

Well i just had my 75000 service done and mentioned the stealer that there is a small oil leak, only a minor one but have a look to see if it can be fixed. He tells me that it is the injector seals and they need to be replaced. Then says it may not be covered under warranty.
Got the phone call today to say that its not covered under there warrenty so i ask why and he says its because i took it to ultratune for the 60k service and in that service they would of taken out the injectors and not put them back in properly, then tells me that even if they did the service its not covered under warrenty.
Does anyone if this is true or is he throwing me a curveball?. theres nothing in the handbook about taking the injectors out at either service interval.

has anyone else had there injector seals replaced at all?

Cheers Boo-ya
boo-ya

Re: Injector seals

Postby Notso on Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:10 pm

Mine were replaced under warranty at about 45,000.

They had just done a full service, tappets etc and when they put it back together the seals leaked so they put a new set in.
Notso

Postby Jitsukablue on Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:46 pm

Sounds like BS to me, if the injector seals are considered a "soft goods kit", as notso suggests, then they should be replaced when the injectors are taken out. Perhaps your beef is with Ultratune.
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby boo-ya on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:06 pm

yeh im going to go and see ultratune tomorrow to ask if they took them out. Had a good look at the handbook and it recommends they be checked at the 45 and 90 thou services, so they should not have touched them but will ask the question anyway.
boo-ya

Postby boo-ya on Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:19 pm

went to see ultratune today, and they didnt touch them at the 60 thou service as not needed. So onto the dealer to ask about it and he mentioned they are not covered under warrenty at all. It is not classed as a servicable item, but also not as a owner responsibilty item.
After showing the dealer they were the last to touch them they were going to try to put in a warrenty claim but im not holding my breath about it.

I would have been happy to pay for these at the 45thou service if they said we recommend replacing them but its now that pisses me off that i have to pay $100 an hour to get it sorted from supposed experts that are not even diesal mechanics.
Anyway fingers crossed it comes back as a warrenty claim.
Cheers
boo-ya

Postby sam on Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:30 pm

Mate don't take no for an answer it has to be a warranty job imho as they were the last to do any work on them so their responsibility .
If they tend to leak after being touched they should know this and replace them at the same time but in saying that our old ML never had any leaks ;)
sam

Postby boo-ya on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:10 pm

Got a phone call from the dealer today and they will fix these leaking seals under warranty. They told me that mitsubishi told them that if the seals came out new ones should be put back in.
Glad that it will be fixed just a bit annoyed that the stealer tries to worm there way out of it, and i bet alot of people would just say yes and pay for it, but that is what i would expect of them anyway.
At least its all good now. :D
cheers.
boo-ya

Postby Jitsukablue on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:43 pm

So they are a SGK, wankers. Thanks for the info
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby MitsiGuy on Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:36 pm

boo-ya wrote:Well i just had my 75000 service done and mentioned the stealer that there is a small oil leak, only a minor one but have a look to see if it can be fixed. He tells me that it is the injector seals and they need to be replaced. Then says it may not be covered under warranty.
Got the phone call today to say that its not covered under there warrenty so i ask why and he says its because i took it to ultratune for the 60k service and in that service they would of taken out the injectors and not put them back in properly, then tells me that even if they did the service its not covered under warrenty.
Does anyone if this is true or is he throwing me a curveball?. theres nothing in the handbook about taking the injectors out at either service interval.

has anyone else had there injector seals replaced at all?

Cheers Boo-ya

Just letting you know for future reference that if you ever take off your rocker cover or get some one else to you should replace the fuel line oils seals in rocker cover, the rocker cover gasket and the injector oil seals in the rocker cover. I have never gotten the rocker cover off of one without putting a nick in an old seal. I have also done some seals under warranty.

You dont take injectors out. They are in the rocker cover and the plugs for the injector come out through the top of the rocker cover.

Just also keep in mind the the injector pipes should be replaced after the 6th time. and should be inspected for pitting on every removal and if one needs to be replaced that they all be replaced
MitsiGuy

Return to Servicing