nunawading dealer? any experience?

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

nunawading dealer? any experience?

Postby s13tsilvia on Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:44 am

just ran the nunawading service guys to have a chat about my truck and getting it serviced for 60k, was more than helpful over the phone and discussed the different issues im having, poor fuel economy, low power etc, replacement manifold etc
anyone had any dealings with these guys before both good and bad?
s13tsilvia

Re: nunawading dealer? any experience?

Postby Josh_Triton on Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:08 am

Hmm I went there when getting my new triton and they were a bit off putting. A mate of mine did his apprenticeship there and said its not uncommon for the "boys out back" to have some fun with the cars.

Not that you would notice any rubber missing from a little chirp on the glossy floors but i still wouldnt want anyone disrespecting my car.

I ended up going with Knox on stud road.

Really nice guys and will follow up.

I was there for about an hour the other day for a minor and got offered about 5 coffees while i waited!
Petrol power.
Josh_Triton

Postby cyberhonky on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:34 pm

Josh_Triton wrote:

I was there for about an hour the other day for a minor and got offered about 5 coffees while i waited!

knox weren't bad last time i used them (warranty work) other than that i don't let them work on mine.

Blue really likes knox- heaps the praise on them :lol: :D
Grammar: Lesson 1- Capitalisation.

Capitalisation (n), is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
cyberhonky
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Josh_Triton on Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:14 pm

cyberhonky wrote:
Josh_Triton wrote:

knox weren't bad last time i used them (warranty work) other than that i don't let them work on mine.

Blue really likes knox- heaps the praise on them :lol: :D
Why dont you let them work on yours? something shifty going on?

That being said there must be a few of you guys around the knox area.
Petrol power.
Josh_Triton

Postby cyberhonky on Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:53 pm

Josh_Triton wrote:Why dont you let them work on yours? something shifty going on?

That being said there must be a few of you guys around the knox area.

there's better w/shops around doing better work for better prices. and yeh for knox. you'll know its me when u see some guy licking the windows in the back of a bus :D

i can count up to potato you know :mrgreen:

Capitalisation (n), is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
cyberhonky
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Josh_Triton on Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:13 pm

haha im using knox for my services while under warranty.

When thats over ill go to the family business.

Some one has to clean the windows
Petrol power.
Josh_Triton

Postby cyberhonky on Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:19 pm

Josh_Triton wrote:haha im using knox for my services while under warranty.

When thats over ill go to the family business.

Some one has to clean the windows

you don't need to have the stealer carry out the services to maintain warranty

cyberhonky
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Josh_Triton on Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:27 pm

:x I have been had!
Petrol power.
Josh_Triton

Postby cyberhonky on Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:08 pm

Josh_Triton wrote::x I have been had!

anti competitive legislation took care of that. as long as the mechanic is registered/abn etc, and the work is done as per book (and book is stamped) you're fine.

cyberhonky
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Josh_Triton on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:23 am

Well further to this, I am sitting in Knox mits as I type this, they called me this morning after having the rig a week to undertake urgent checks that will take 20 minutes. An hour later I sit here.. It's been on two road tests so far .. Now sitting back in diagnostics. What is going in?? At least they keep offering refreshments.
Petrol power.
Josh_Triton

Postby jacky_moo on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:55 am

Im very curious about this too josh, As i just had a phone call from the stealer i bought mine from saying that they want me to bring my car in to have a look at it urgently.. but when i asked what for they said they cant disclose that over the phone.

Same thing with one of my work associates got the same call a few weeks ago from his dealer stating the same thing...

I smell a rat
jacky_moo

Postby Steane on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:31 am

I wouldn't let them touch my car unless they told me what they were doing. That's like having some punk knock on your door to say he has to fix something on your house but not telling you what exactly.
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby jacky_moo on Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:19 am

Yeah well I'm going in tomorrow for this 'inspection' but will make it very clear that they won't be touching the car untill they tell me what they are doing, that and I'm going to be standing by the car with my video camera , the truth will be revealed!!
jacky_moo

Postby Steane on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 pm

jacky_moo wrote:Yeah well I'm going in tomorrow for this 'inspection' but will make it very clear that they won't be touching the car untill they tell me what they are doing, that and I'm going to be standing by the car with my video camera , the truth will be revealed!!

Excellent 8-) Looking forward to finding out what this is all about.
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Josh_Triton on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Hi Guys, im finally back from my "inspection" The only thing he was %100 sure they were looking at was the driver airbag. and he initially said 20 mins what a tosser. Anyway he sadi they checked over a few other misc. things and not to worry because they were not going to charge me at all for the visit. He went further buy saying they also noticed a parker and plate light were out which they replaced for nothing. Gave me 3 quaters of a tank of juice and sent me on my way.

Im puzzled but it seems to be driving exactly the same although the it doe read that my fuel consumption has jumped from 12.1 to 13.3. Odd.

Any thoughts? I hope its all safe i am goin on my first trip in her this weekend.... if i can figure how to get the UHF lead through the firewall neatly. Ill start searching on here.

Cheers guys
Petrol power.
Josh_Triton

Postby Steane on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:16 pm

Josh_Triton wrote:.... if i can figure how to get the UHF lead through the firewall neatly. Ill start searching on here.

That bit is easy, use the square grommet that sits under (? I think it is under or at least in the vicinity of) the brake master cylinder. Really easy, and a thread or two on here explaining where it is.

Back on topic now...no idea what they were doing but I'm sure they wouldn't have dumped you back in an unsafe car. Well you'd hope not anyway.
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Servicing