Best dealer service I have ever received!!!!

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Re: Best dealer service I have ever received!!!!

Postby GPS98 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:44 pm

Have to give praise to Motorama at Springwood in Brisbane...Had the Triton there today for 15,000km service and they started on time and finished on time and went through everything. The customer service was excellent. Never been a fan of the dealer service but fixed price was great. Will be going back there next time...plus the service between the big ones is only $29 for a full check over but not any oil change.
GPS98

Postby Quinny on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:14 pm

... nice to hear that they have sorted themselves out ... I used to go there ...
Never argue with an idiot ... they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ...
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby oldplodder on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:53 pm

Just had a 15,000k service at Motorama Moorooka in Brisbane.
MN March 2012, so 12 months/15,000k.
Standard service, I supplied my own oil, so they took off the $89.00 they usually charge for shell rimula X 10w/40.

Final cost $151.80.
Was a fixed price service for $250.00

They also did the ECU upgrade for turbo underboost.

Pretty happy with that.

Regards

John C
oldplodder
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snowman on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:41 am

worthy. hope you dont mind iggyp.

that episode seems pretty damned special. :D :D

Subject: New triton owner

Iggyp wrote:So called the dealer, Motorama Springwood, and spoke to the salesman Jack, and honestly expected to be told to call back on Tuesday.
firstly he called all the other dealers to see if he could find an open service dept, he couldn't, so he called the workshop manager Nathan, who came to my house with the laptop and plugged it i and proceeded to try to fix it. Turns out there is an issue with the LED lights from the canopy which is causing a fault with the ABS/traction control lights, so it needs to be taken back to flexiglass to be fixed.
The oil leak was due to the front injector seal popped up, Nathan refitted it and told me to keep an eye on it, if it pops up again, reseal it and bring it to the workshop, if not, report it at the first service anyway - strange thing to happen - he also cleaned the oil in the enginge bay and left me with some maxi pads for the driveway to clean up excess oil.
Really happy with the fact that they made an effort like that, would not have expected that to happen, so big ups to both these guys, particulary Nathan who was heading to Willowbank to work on a drag car
Now to fit reversing camera, floor mats etc, swap over shelves from the other ute and put tools and benches in.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:33 am

Wow, that is impressive. Takes the sting out of the new car hiccups.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby norto on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:41 am

Maybe we should have a "Worst dealer service".
My dealer couldn't care less. I won't buy another vehicle from them. :(
Pete
norto

Postby Froggy on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:24 pm

norto wrote:Maybe we should have a "Worst dealer service".
My dealer couldn't care less. I won't buy another vehicle from them. :(

I suppose this thread is more about showing appreciation for those who have looked after us.
We all assume the worst when it comes to Car dealerships!
Froggy

Postby srb on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:41 pm

Don't want to start a new thead but this might work... Need my 45k service done and was wondering what dealers in Perth I should go to? Any you sand groppers recommend one? :-)
TO SEE HOW TO HAVE A TRIP OF A LIFE TIME v
http://www.exploroz.com/Members/281229. ... x#mptabs=2
http://www.flickr.com/photos/exploroz/

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go.
srb
Platinum Subscriber

Postby carlfox on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:59 pm

srb, i have used Paceway at Osbourne Park. bought the car from there since 15000km, and i just took it back there last week for the 60k service. Good guys, just dropped the ute off in the morning and collected it in the afternoon when they said to come. its too easy. they seemed to have wiped a greasey rag on all the bits that needed looking at for the service schedule. ive never had issues with the ute, so no news is good news, right? ;)
p.s nice trip

Fox
carlfox

Postby srb on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:25 pm

Cheers mate, just phoned them and had a chat. They seem like they have the right attitude which is always a good sign. 8-)

srb
Platinum Subscriber

Postby WH500 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:08 pm

Hi
I seems to me that a lot of Mitsu dealers as well as most new car dealer service dept's don't give a xxxx about service.I was told by a spare parts dealer that the manufcturers will soon have to allow independant workshops to have access to all the factory test equipment, software , and any special tools to compete with the dealer network.This has happened in the USA and Germany. By the way my service dealer has been top notch and has fixed all the problems on my ute. I change oil and filter every 7500 cost $65.00 and let the dealer do the normal service fixed price $590.
WH500

Postby Crash486 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:02 am

Heard a strange story last night. Toyota kluger , 10,000km blew the gearbox. Penrith dealer said "no dealer in NSW can fix the gearbox, we are shipping it to Vic" . Guy looses the use of his vehicle and they flatly refused to give him a replacement loaner unless he paid $35/ day.
Crash486

Postby srb on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:54 pm

carlfox wrote:srb, i have used Paceway at Osbourne Park. bought the car from there since 15000km, and i just took it back there last week for the 60k service. Good guys, just dropped the ute off in the morning and collected it in the afternoon when they said to come. its too easy. they seemed to have wiped a greasey rag on all the bits that needed looking at for the service schedule. ive never had issues with the ute, so no news is good news, right? ;)
p.s nice trip

Fox

Ok I had my 45k service done here... Don't trust them people! They stuffed my service up big time! They tried to charge me for stuff they didn't even do! When i questioned the service manager in a nice way he treated me like i was a nobody?
In the end I delt with the mechanic and he sorted it out very well. But I'll still be reporting them to mmal.
Lesson to everyone here... Alway check your truck after a service, get under there and look to see if drain plugs are wet. In my case I had asked them to do diff oils and transfer case... But it was clear they didn't! Plugs were still dry and muddy.Grrr! When I questioned the mechanic he blamed it on short staff! WTF! I hate dealers! I've been burnt too many times now! Sorry to some of the good ones out there but you all suck and it will take some special service before I'd trust any of you! Sorry Lee if your reading, nothing personal I'm just venting! ;)

srb
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Quinny on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:13 pm

Only a small job this time, but same response as usual from the boys at Eagers ... "bring it in - we'll have a look".

No question, no charge ... all fixed - thanks Lee. ;)
Never argue with an idiot ... they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ...
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby borngeek on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:56 pm

srb wrote:
carlfox wrote:srb, i have used Paceway at Osbourne Park. bought the car from there since 15000km, and i just took it back there last week for the 60k service. Good guys, just dropped the ute off in the morning and collected it in the afternoon when they said to come. its too easy. they seemed to have wiped a greasey rag on all the bits that needed looking at for the service schedule. ive never had issues with the ute, so no news is good news, right? ;)
p.s nice trip

Fox

Ok I had my 45k service done here... Don't trust them people! They stuffed my service up big time! They tried to charge me for stuff they didn't even do! When i questioned the service manager in a nice way he treated me like i was a nobody?
In the end I delt with the mechanic and he sorted it out very well. But I'll still be reporting them to mmal.
Lesson to everyone here... Alway check your truck after a service, get under there and look to see if drain plugs are wet. In my case I had asked them to do diff oils and transfer case... But it was clear they didn't! Plugs were still dry and muddy.Grrr! When I questioned the mechanic he blamed it on short staff! WTF! I hate dealers! I've been burnt too many times now! Sorry to some of the good ones out there but you all suck and it will take some special service before I'd trust any of you! Sorry Lee if your reading, nothing personal I'm just venting! ;)

:evil: :evil: :evil:

//definitely tell MMAL. They hate those kinds of stories, and will follow it up for a please explain... (you can PM thru this site and get a prompt reply. Link your trip page ;) )
MMAL
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Homer on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:21 pm

Yep one of my first services they charged me $50 to check the squeak in the rear suspension because I had a helper spring :lol: on the positive side sometimes it's fun to be a complete pontificating arsehole :lol: :oops:
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Quinny on Thu May 30, 2013 4:09 pm

Sorry I didn't get to say howdi, Lee - you were with a customer at the time. Just wanted to say thanks for looking after the ute again. I really appreciate the service you & the boys provide. Thanks as usual ;)

Q
Last edited by Quinny on Fri May 31, 2013 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby carlfox on Thu May 30, 2013 6:02 pm

srb wrote:
p.s nice trip

Fox

Thats not good to hear, especially since i recommended them and i send my ute in there. ive never asked them to do anything else but whats on the the service schedule, and yeah i throw an eye all over that ute after its gone in. like i said theres always been evidence of at least checks getting done, and itll run smoother after the service. If youve asked them to do something and they havent, as well as charged you, thats just blantant theft. So id be writing to MMAL aswell. now you got me thinking about what i should do.

cheers
Fox
carlfox

Postby Lee-thal on Fri May 31, 2013 6:40 am

No worries Quinny,
Lee-thal

Postby bigcol on Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:15 pm

Another satisfied customer.
Had the Triton in for the 15000 km service.
Lee was ready and waiting, pointed me to the best café for Breakfast.
Came back, had a chat and my ute was finished. All done by just after 9am.

Great price and great service at Eagers Mitsubishi Newstead.

Thanks Lee
bigcol

Postby jab461 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:23 am

bigcol wrote:Another satisfied customer.

Thanks Lee

I wish these guys would move to Canberra!
jab461

Postby Tim007 on Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:39 pm

jab461 wrote:
bigcol wrote:Another satisfied customer.

Thanks Lee

I wish these guys would move to Canberra!

Can some one please confirm Lee from Eagers user name. I have sent a PM but no reply so just want to make sure I am sending it to the right person. I have the dreaded 90K service due.
Keen to get amongst it!!
Tim007

Postby fridgie on Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:56 pm

Lee-thal, he is a busy bloke with work and also does volunteer work on weekends so might take a little time to reply.

If you are in a rush best bet is to call Eagers and ask if he is available ;-)
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby snappyrow on Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:23 pm

Got to say thanks to Will from service at City Mitsubishi Melbourne. Just dropped my Triton off for its 60k service and was given a free loan car. A GLX-R auto with diff lock no less! Have to say there is a strong temptation to bolt my muddies on, take the day off and do a quick "comparison" run :twisted:

These guys have been great to me from day one when I rolled in with the airbag light on (and every subsequent time this has happened :roll: ) even though it wasn't purchased from them. Always done a good job on the car and even comes back washed when only there for warranty
Makes me happy enough to keep taking it back there once the capped price servicing runs out.
snappyrow
Platinum Subscriber

Postby boatpc on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:50 pm

I've had my last 2 services, 105k & 120k performed by Von Bibra (formerly zupps) on Ferry rd Gold Coast and have been impressed by their professonal approach.

Having my 5yr 120k done last week i mentioned my slight hesitation at 2300rpm and also my head lights were starting to loose the clear coat and becoming hazy. Also asked to have the manifolds checked.

At pickup i had the service manager tell me upper/lower manifolds and egr are on order plus the headlights were going through mma.

Today i had the lot replaced :D

Pretty happy but they could've cleaned off the diesel under the manifolds,,, :roll: $1 can of degreaser and fixed. :)
boatpc

PreviousNext

Return to Servicing