Best dealer service I have ever received!!!!

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Re: Cold start Troubleshooting

Postby AnOldFart on Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:25 pm

explorer.dave wrote:
littlebambinos2 wrote:Thanks so much for all the replys everyone" We have just booked the car in with Lee at Eagers Mitsubishi, and he has also arranged for us to have a courtesy vehicle while ours is being looked at. How is that for Great service. Our 1st 15000km service is almost due so we arranged for eagers to do that as well.

Many Thanks Deb

Good stuff,
Shame all the dealers don't offer that quality of service.

But that means they'd ...all... then, have to be .....-QUEENSLANDERS-...!!! ;) :D :lol: :lol:
Quote: "Only two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I really am not certain about the Universe !" - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
AnOldFart
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mattz on Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:27 pm

Btw......well done on the video. 8-) heaps better than trying to explain it in words. ;)
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby Quinny on Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:30 pm

Old Fart ... I know how to handle you damn QLD'ers ...

You're all a bit touchy / princess sort of stuff ... if you get what I mean ... :roll:

I'm on the front line up here doing my best ... PITA :lol:
Never argue with an idiot ... they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ...
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby AnOldFart on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:12 pm

That's OK Quinny, us -real- Queenslanders ;) are an easy going lot, who make allowances for ex kockyroach types from 'South of the border, down 'Mehico way' who have -finally- 'seen the light' and moved up here into GOD's own country... ;) :) :D :lol:
Quote: "Only two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I really am not certain about the Universe !" - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
AnOldFart
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Quinny on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:48 pm

AnOldFart wrote:who have -finally- 'seen the light' and moved up here into GOD's own country... ;) :) :D :lol:

That ... I would have to agree with Oldfart :lol:

I love it up here ;)
Never argue with an idiot ... they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ...
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby AnOldFart on Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:20 pm

Quinny wrote:
AnOldFart wrote:who have -finally- 'seen the light' and moved up here into GOD's own country... ;) :) :D :lol:

That ... I would have to agree with Oldfart :lol:
I love it up here ;)

Sweet, Mate...! Welcome to Qld and we all, hope you have a very happy life up here... ;) :D
AnOldFart
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Quinny on Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:29 pm

How long do I have to be here to be considered a local ?

Or does that just never happen ? :lol:

Living the dream :lol:
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby AnOldFart on Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:52 pm

Quinny wrote:How long do I have to be here to be considered a local ?

About 50 years should see you ' sweet' Quinny.... ;) :D
AnOldFart
Platinum Subscriber

Postby explorer.dave on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:37 pm

Early day's l realise but was there an outcome to the problem?
Better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.[

[b]Penrith Panthers 2021..Finally :roll:

Posts should be like mini skirts, long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting
explorer.dave
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Lunny on Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:50 pm

once your stubby cooler turns maroon
Lunny
Lunny

Postby viking shippy on Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:44 pm

Go the BLUES......
viking shippy

Postby Zav78 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:59 pm

Lunny wrote:

once your stubby cooler turns maroon

X2 :D
Zav78
Platinum Subscriber

temp1

Postby mad992 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:42 am

Any outcome for these lovely people. Hopefully Lee and his Techs have nailed it.
mad992

Postby littlebambinos2 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:15 pm

We have got the vehicle booked in for Wed next week mad992. Lee made it for that date because he wanted for us to have a courtesy car and that was the next available one. He has a couple of ideas, But he needs to have the car overnight to replicate the problem.

Deb
littlebambinos2

Postby littlebambinos2 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:52 pm

Hey everyone. We dropped our vehicle off at eagers on Weds and were given a courtesy car. Well as always the car didn't play up like it did in the movie clip until this morning, So its a good thing lee put us down to have the car for 2 days. It turns out to be a (Suction control valve) They didn't have one in stock and are having one arrive from Sydney Mon next week. We will be dropping our car back in Friday next week and will be given another courtesy car while its in getting the part replaced. Im so glad we got in touch with Lee at Eagers Newstead, and can rest easy that the problem is being dealt with. That's again for great service and putting in the extra effort in looking after us guys and look forward to next week. The moral of the story is to look into the Suction control valve if your engine has the same symptoms as ours shows in the video that we posted up.

Dean
littlebambinos2

Postby har05l on Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:00 pm

Good to hear it's all sorted :)

I guess you can be rest assured that in future if you have issues get straight onto lee ;) , that is unless we can get him to move down here :twisted:
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby AnOldFart on Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:16 pm

har05l wrote:Good to hear it's all sorted :)

I guess you can be rest assured that in future if you have issues get straight onto lee ;) , that is unless we can get him to move down here :twisted:

QUEENSLANDER.................!!!!!! ;) :) :D :lol:

PS Mods, why has this "Cold Start Troubleshooting" Thread been merged with the original "Best Dealer Service I Ever Received" Thread ..........??????? :? :?: :?
AnOldFart
Platinum Subscriber

Re: Best dealer service I have ever received!!!!

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:16 am

Don't ask me mate, I just work here.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby NowForThe5th on Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:16 am

AnOldFart wrote:PS Mods, why has this "Cold Start Troubleshooting" Thread been merged with the original "Best Dealer Service I Ever Received" Thread ..........??????? :? :?: :?

Because it's all about the great service received from Eagers, apart from your derailment on to --QUEENSLANDERS --, which I probably should delete, but it isn't a technical thread and the discussion did come back on topic. The other alternative would have been to merge with the SCV thread but it didn't really add anything there, so here it is.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby hvac guy on Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:11 pm

I think this should have its own thread but clean it up a bit. I can see this being added to at a later date with glow plug issues with the age on these beasts now.
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.
hvac guy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Tall Man on Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:16 am

reeldreamer wrote:I currently have my car in getting the 90k service done also I am getting a new HD clutch installed and various other warranty concerns addressed. The service manager is by far the best person I have ever dealt with in the automotive servicing industry. I raised all my issues which other dealers have fobbed me off he has sorted all of them. I have received roughly 4-5 emails with updates which I love. The price is great, organised a loan car for me at short notice (Car was required for 3 days).

He even emailed me with a report on the manifolds and the effectiveness of the catch can and blocked EGR. For the record 20,000k since replacement and the manifolds look new! Also the valve clearances were all too tight and where reset correctly!

Dealer is located in Brisbane nearby a very famous old pub which recently flooded! Honestly I could not speak any better of this service department!

Mitch

I agree. I got some onging warranty claims sorted that the previous dealer didn't want to know about. They also mentioned to me that mitsu was after some motors to strip down and inspect. They passed my details onto mitsu and I ended up with a free brand new motor installed ( plus loan car for the change over ) and they kept my old one with 180,000ks on it. shit yeah I say !
Tall Man

Postby littlebambinos2 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:00 pm

Maybe this should of remained a thread on its own!. We have had an interesting journey so far. Lee replaced the SCV and we still had issues with it starting up of a morning. Lee said to us that its a possibility that the ECU-TEK custom tune that was installed is not working properly. I took the car to the ECU-Tek service centre and they reinstalled the Stock Factory map back into the ECU and the problem is now gone. We are taking the car back in tomorrow morning to have a totally different map installed while we wait. I believe MRT in Sydney is E-mailing a File for the Technician to download once we arrive. It only takes 10 or so mins to do and hopefully the problem is sorted. Anyone who is computer minded, can now call Mrt from anyplace in Australia and can hire the special computer cable to connect from a windows computer to the ECU( Its for a 30 day period or you wont get your $495.00 deposit back if you don't return it) and its as simple as downloading a screen shot from your car and forward it to MRT Sydney. They will draw up a map to suit your motor, and E-mail you a File for you to download to your car and give you step by step instructions over the phone of how to do it. All of this can be done in your own driveway and it takes about ten or so minutes. How good is that". This is how technology is getting now.
littlebambinos2

Previous

Return to Servicing