Done a bit more to my Triton Dual Cab

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Postby deermaster on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:50 am

Well, by around 6.30pm I should have my Triton back and hopefully it will look really good. Its away at the moment getting a full two inch lift, plus upgrading the tyres to 265x70x16 instead of the 245's that were on it. Also had a new winch installed and a new one piece tail shaft that is guaranteed to remove any shudder. I can hardly wait to get her back and will post some pics when I have the time to take them. These fourby forums help you spend a lot of money eh? Thank's Gauci, ;) you were the one got me started on this spending spree, now I am hooked but have run out of dollars :roll:

PS Can someone tell me how to post a photo on here when I finally take one? Thanks in advance :D
deermaster

Re: Done a bit more to my Triton Dual Cab

Postby deermaster on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:16 am

Cheers Tex, I reckon I should be able to get really messed up with that, :? but will have a go.
Thanks again :)
deermaster

Postby mattz on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:39 am

Sounds great Deermaster.
What suspension did you get?
As far as the photos go......if I can do it.....you will be fine. ;)
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby deermaster on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:40 pm

Trying to post a photo here goes. This is the vehicle now that I have fitted UHF, Water tank, Tool box,Side bars and steps and replaced one spotlight. Tomorrow I hope to post some pics of the Triton now its lifted and has new tyres. :D
Click to view larger picture
deermaster

Postby deermaster on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:46 pm

Well that worked OK here's a couple more pics :D

Edited to remove one photo. i got carried away a bit :oops:
deermaster

Postby deermaster on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:40 pm

mattz wrote:Sounds great Deermaster.
What suspension did you get?
As far as the photos go......if I can do it.....you will be fine. ;)

I got Fourbys of Morooka to lift my Triton, with the lift and the larger tyres in total it came up 85mm in the front and 75mm in the back. It was a bit sagged in the front. Just got it back an hour ago and boy it feels like a totally different vehicle. Stick it into it on a corner and it just goes round like its on rails and it rides lovely, lift was King springs and RAW Nitro shocks and a new one piece tail shaft. The slight tailshaft shudder it had before is now non exsistent. When I drove it in the carport it near hit the roof with the top of the canopy so it sure came up some. Got the winch fitted too and it all looks the goods now. Probably might get some chunkier tyres later but the ones I got was all I could afford and it needed bigger tyres. The speedo is now pretty well spot on with my GPS. Will get some photos on later when I get the time.
Cheers all. Shit this is a great forum to help you spend money eh? :lol:
deermaster

Postby reeldreamer on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:21 pm

Interested to see some pics of the tail shaft! I have been told it will foul when the rear suspension is at full droop?? Did they check this.....
Bash plates and other cool gear from Prestige Offroad Accessories

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=80
reeldreamer

Postby deermaster on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:53 pm

reeldreamer wrote:Interested to see some pics of the tail shaft! I have been told it will foul when the rear suspension is at full droop?? Did they check this.....

Yes they said that they have done about seven and all good here's a photo of the shaft minus the centre bearing :D

deermaster

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:20 pm

Do you know where they are sourcing these shafts from?

How much did they charge for the shaft (if it was separately priced)?
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby deermaster on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:50 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:Do you know where they are sourcing these shafts from?

How much did they charge for the shaft (if it was separately priced)?

Hi Cowboy, it cost me $300 for the shaft fitted. It does take about two days to get the shaft made and balanced and then fitted. I thought that was pretty reasonable. No way did I want the terrible Triton shudder, as it already had a bit of a shudder when I got it, now it takes off smooth as silk with absolutely no shudder at all. Ring Ryan or Wayne on 38922766, tell em Ted sent you. Ha Ha they may give me a discount when I get more stuff done. :lol:

By the way, now that I have taken the new springs with two helper leaves off my Triton, does anyone know what they would be worth to sell?

To the moderators; I am new on here so if I am not allowed to put ph numbers please delete as you see fit, but thought seeing as I was asked the price and where they are sourcing them I would give a ph no. Cheers
deermaster

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:28 pm

Yeah they're a bit far away for me but that's a very good price for a new shaft I would have thought. I was hoping they might be buying them from somewhere that had an outlet in Sydney somewhere.

With the selling you'll need to use the proper template for your listing - there's a drop down option up the top when you create a new thread in the trading post area.

On the value of the springs - if they're stock mitsubishi springs I wouldn't think they'd sell - too many blokes chucking them away every week. Maybe the helpers will interest someone though. I think ultimate probably sent mine for scrap or something.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby deermaster on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:55 pm

Easiest way to find out Dave is to phone them and ask
deermaster

Postby deermaster on Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:24 pm

Well just spent a bit more, it now has dual batteries set up and running . That will have to do me for a while I reckon. :D
deermaster

Postby mattz on Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:11 am

deermaster wrote:Well just spent a bit more, it now has dual batteries set up and running . That will have to do me for a while I reckon. :D

You have been busy lately. ;)
Now the dreaded wait til I get the ok from the missus and save some more money for more mods. :lol:
I know how you feel. :(
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby deermaster on Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:24 pm

mattz wrote:
deermaster wrote:Well just spent a bit more, it now has dual batteries set up and running . That will have to do me for a while I reckon. :D

You have been busy lately. ;)
Now the dreaded wait til I get the ok from the missus and save some more money for more mods. :lol:
I know how you feel. :(

Ha ha yes, I am thinking about a 2inch body lift now. Might as well go the whole hog eh? :roll:
deermaster

Return to Member Build Ups