Godzilla Rising's Build Up

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Godzilla Rising's Build Up

Postby godzilla_rising on Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:41 pm

A Shining Light from Kates Dirty Sister

Whilst I had seen this mod around, it wasn't until a move really necessitated it being moved onto the need to do list.

The driveway to my current place is quite steep, and also quite dark. With how she is parked in the garage and the driveway being slightly offset means that at night the drive up can be a "stab on the dark" (pun slightly intended).

Initially I had thought that these would do the job...

Click to view larger picture

But in the end maybe I was thinking of something smaller, as these where quite a bit larger and heavier than I anticipated. I was always going to get more of these anyway to mount to the corners of a roof rack anyway.

On to eBay it was to purchase some flush mounted 18W Cree LED in a 3x2 layout. And for $39 for the pair you can't complain.

The holes were cute and prepped...

The lights were surrounded by foam tape to help seal and align things a bit better, and then they were all mounted up.

Of course, working with lights means wiring, and so I also needed to address the wiring again up in the engine bay. I had tidied things up previously, but now with the fuse block it was needing to be addressed again. This time though I basically disconnected everything, rerouted and then reconnected everything after tidying it all up. Now all the looms are either taped or in split tube for that professional look!!

Now, the only thing coming off the battery is the winch and the fuse block. I also moved the switch for my under-bonnet LED light strip up behind the catch can.

I will throw up some photos of the switches when I get them in.

Next up, a permanent but switched power supply for my car fridge (when I use it). I was considering wiring the accessory plug on the centre console to have power off the battery instead of being powered through the accessories. I don't know if I should do it that way or just have a separate plug (such as an Anderson) which is then accessible when I need it. Then it would purely be a case of being creative about how to do it. My fridge goes in the cab when I use it, just in case someone asks.
Godzilla Rising

"Kate's Dirty Sister" click here
2007 3.2 DiD GLX-R

There are two kinds of people in this world, those that can extrapolate from incomplete data.
godzilla_rising

Postby Kuff on Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:31 pm

Very neat buddy. Loving it, going to have to knick some of your ideas
Petrol '08 GLX-R
Kuff

Postby godzilla_rising on Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:16 pm

Just following on from my reverse light and wiring install, my switches came through the other day and so I managed to spend a bit of time at work getting them in, and a little bit of the next day!!!

One thing that would have come in handy when I was doing all this is this handy diagram!!!

Now to get my fridge wiring installed (as discussed in another thread with trying to sort it out).

Ciao for now!!
Godzilla Rising

"Kate's Dirty Sister" click here
2007 3.2 DiD GLX-R

There are two kinds of people in this world, those that can extrapolate from incomplete data.
godzilla_rising

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups