Tony81's Build Up

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Tony81's Build Up - Pillar Pod Install

Postby wake jake on Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:09 pm

I just super glued mine to the standard pillar hasn't fallen off yet haha :D
08 MY09 GLXR
Monster Rides
wake jake

Re: Tony81's Build Up - Pillar Pod Install

Postby bigcol on Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:47 pm

If you are going to glue the pillar pod onto the existing you need to get the proper glue.

The after market pillar pod is ABS and the genuine pillar cover is polypropylene.
They aren't compatible.

Loctite do a glue that you have to prime all the surfaces to be glued and then you use a glue that looks like Super glue.
Bummings also do one that is a similar product.
bigcol

Re: Tony81's Build Up - Bash Plates..... Finally

Postby Tony81 on Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:33 pm

Well the pillar pod install was put on hold due to the face that the trim just doesn't fit :evil: :evil: But all in good time a new version in being produced and should be available around February according to the seller :D :D

So now to the thing that everyone says should be the first upgrade that goes on..... BASH PLATES

I got the go ahead to get myself a Xmas pressie so I sent a pm to Mitch from Prestige and a few days later picked up some shiny new 3ml Stainless Plates.

The before pictures
Click to view larger picture
They really aren't that pretty are they :? :cry:
Although they didn't get much of a workout with the limited amount of Wheeling I have done there are a couple of scratches and dents in them.

And on with the new

When bolting up the new plates I was trying to push them into place but something was preventing it from going into place, I had a look behind and noticed the radiator wind deflector was in the way. Front plate comes back off, unbolt the deflector break out the reciprocating saw and cut the bottom off, bolt back into position and viola yo have what we see above.

A big thanks to Mitch from prestige couldn't wipe the smile off my face on Boxing Day when they went on... :D :D
Tony81
Platinum Subscriber

Re: Tony81's Build Up

Postby Tony81 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:54 pm

Wow 2 and a half years since an update... :lol: :lol:

Well nothings has changed to Rudolph apart from the Red Paint turning PINK...... :evil: :evil: :evil:

But on the Garage floor I have lots of goodies.

1. Karrman 3" Diff Drop Kit

2. Brake Pads and Rotors
3. Double Gauge Pillar Pod
4. Flush Mount Reverse Lights / Work Lights

I think they will all be sitting on the floor for a bit longer yet. Going back to UNI and I just lost my job..... Go figure for the Highs & Lows... :roll: :roll: :? :?
Tony81
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Tony81 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:02 pm

My Brother Inlaw is back in town for a few days over the Australia Day Long Weekend, so I asked him to give me a hand with fitting the brakes and rotors.

Went From This

To This

Only just bed the brakes in so time will tell if any major difference but I am sure there will be. Next step with brakes would be braided lines but that will definitely have to wait till the wallet can be opened again :D :D
Tony81
Platinum Subscriber

Postby 4wd26 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:09 pm

You were halfway to fitting the new suspension
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby Tony81 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:19 pm

Hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Tell me about it. :roll: :roll:

I wish I could fit new suspension but unfortunately nope, problem being if I don't convince the MWOF to let me do it soon I'll be up for 2 new front tires as the original sussy has sagged so much the inside edge of them is wearing faster and even a wheel alignment won't fix it, as I only had it done recently including rotation.
Tony81
Platinum Subscriber

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups