Motoz MN GLX R: Evolution of a Warrior

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Motoz MN GLX R: Evolution of a Warrior

Postby bill65 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:55 pm

looking mean motoz makes you look at it on the HWY ;)
bill65
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mattz on Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:36 am

Awesome work as always Dave. 8-)
Enjoy your trip around tassie.......I see by what you've packed you're roughing it. :lol: Tassie is a beautiful spot.....we hope to do it agaIn one day.
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby ag9111 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:34 pm

Dave
Do you have any photos of how the water tank sits up against the headboard, and how did you fix it in place?
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby motoz on Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:39 pm

ag9111 wrote:Dave
Do you have any photos of how the water tank sits up against the headboard, and how did you fix it in place?

Here you go mate

Click to view larger picture

I like to keep things super simple. Glued two strips of 10mm foam (the wife's yoga mat) :lol: to the floor and headboard of the tray.

This was just to insure against the tray rubbing holes in the tank.

It's held tight with a simple ratchet strap. It's 50kg when full so the strap is more than enough. Hasn't moved at all and is only a 5min job to pull it out if needed.

:D
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Will it be a good show ???
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ag9111 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:20 pm

Cheers for that :)

Love simple myself :D

:shock: :oops: :roll:
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Fresma82 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:21 pm

Hi there, can you please tell me what brand and size your mag wheels are? Your truck looks awesome!!
Fresma82

Postby motoz on Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:32 pm

Fresma82 wrote:Hi there, can you please tell me what brand and size your mag wheels are? Your truck looks awesome!!

Hey mate there Pro Comp alloys 6000 series measuring 16 x 8 with a zero offset (4" backspacing)

Chucked a set of H3 rims on today for daily running. Going to use the Pro Comps with a set of Silverstone MT 117's.

motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby TUFF TROOP on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:17 pm

Looks cool with hummer wheels!
TUFF TROOP

Postby jazaboy1 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:34 am

that is probably the best triton build i have ever seen. Would you happen to still have your old home made rack?
BUILDING UP FROM STOCK, ONE MOD AT A TIME.
jazaboy1

Postby motoz on Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:05 am

jazaboy1 wrote:that is probably the best triton build i have ever seen. Would you happen to still have your old home made rack?

Thanks for the kind words.

No mate that was bought by another member from this forum who uses it on his MN.
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mIwoo on Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:28 pm

Hey mate.... agree.. the H rims look sweet... I'd like a set in black.

How are you going with your motor tuning that you were going? what the latest in the evolution?
1130 BARRA - 850 Murray Cod - 640 Dusky - 445 Aus BASS - 585 Yellow-belly - 440 Redfin
mIwoo

Postby BMD on Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:31 pm

Hey Motoz, nice rig you have there. Just wondering if your new 32" tyres stick out past the flare on the zero offset rims? Just looking at set of rims for my MN and was worried they'll stick out too much for Mr Plods liking..
Cheers, Ben.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'11 GLX-R
BMD

Postby motoz on Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:40 pm

BMD wrote:Hey Motoz, nice rig you have there. Just wondering if your new 32" tyres stick out past the flare on the zero offset rims? Just looking at set of rims for my MN and was worried they'll stick out too much for Mr Plods liking..

Thanks mate.

Yes the sidewalls of the tyres protrude past the flares at least 20mm with 0 offset rims. Although I never had an issue with it attracting attention from the boys in blue it was one of the reasons for going the H3 rims as the daily runners.
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby motoz on Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:03 pm

mIwoo wrote:Hey mate.... agree.. the H rims look sweet... I'd like a set in black.

How are you going with your motor tuning that you were going? what the latest in the evolution?

I've had the car at the dealers for a while. The front crank seal was leaking and oil got onto the balance shaft belt. Long story short all the teeth got chewed off this belt. So they replaced both seals and both the balance and timing belts under warranty. I must admit I didn't expect that and would have been more than willing to pay for the timing belt as this is due for replacement at 100K kms anyway. Kudos to Adelaide Motors Mitsubishi for pushing this through.

I sold the Chip IT to another forum member who's more than happy with it. I've decided to go down another development path so I went the ECUTEK route. The special pricing won me and the figures as a starting point for the future development we're impressive.

With the Unifilter and 3" system it turned out 91KW & 351NM of torque. After mapping we had 114KW & 472NM of torque at 22psi of boost controlled via a Dawes valve.

This will be the base line for future development. The tuner believes there's more to be gained down in the lower rev range though we had to cut the session short due to the balance belt issue.

Next install is Tonys ET unit, Evo 9 intercooler with custom stainless piping and another substantial upgrade that I'll keep quiet till it happens.

motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Crash486 on Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:07 pm

If I were you I'd video the whole thing. It would make an awesome special on ntn tv ( yeah does not exist yet but... )

Love the read, keep it coming!!
Crash486

Postby mIwoo on Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:22 pm

yeah, cool.

what was this special price? I'm assuming a local gig?

what are you looking at... petrol injection? lol!
1130 BARRA - 850 Murray Cod - 640 Dusky - 445 Aus BASS - 585 Yellow-belly - 440 Redfin
mIwoo

Postby mIwoo on Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:24 pm

now I'm interested... very interested as I think you would be of limited company in that you have tried both the chip and ecutek.... which is better in your opinion? why?

cheers mate
mIwoo

Postby motoz on Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:37 pm

It's too early to tell to be honest. The price was $1495 including the daws valve setup. There is still some fine tuning to go now the belt issue has been resolved.

You'll have to wait and see... lol
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mIwoo on Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:48 pm

hmmm.... intrigued!
mIwoo

Postby emjayar on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:52 am

22KW is a pretty big jump! I'm looking at getting my ML MRT tuned... This has me hopeful of at least 10-15KW increase.
http://www.lifesbumpyroads.com | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Driving the conversation on depression and suicide awareness and intervention for Lifeline and beyondblue
'07 ML GLXR 3.2L as seen in Australian 4WD Action issue 238
emjayar

Postby BMD on Thu May 01, 2014 1:23 pm

Thanks for that info Motoz. Hmm, that tuning looks good too, may have to offload my Chip it chip and do that if I can find a place in WA..
Cheers, Ben.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'11 GLX-R
BMD

Postby motoz on Thu May 01, 2014 6:33 pm

BMD wrote:Thanks for that info Motoz. Hmm, that tuning looks good too, may have to offload my Chip it chip and do that if I can find a place in WA..

No worries.
Gave 'Emmen' his first full run today since the tuning. The power feels a lot more linear than when I was running the chip on tune 5. Went for a good run up the freeway to the farm. Sitting on $1 powering up to $1.15 in 5th overtaking was very smooth. I kept checking the mirrors and couldn't see any significant smoke. This was always bit of an issue in the past.

Fitted Tonys ET mod tonight. Was a 5min job. Very interested to see how this goes as I removed the blank when I sold the chip. I've still got an annoying injector rattle though. Might put another can of Molly Diesel purge through. This quietened it down last time.

To be continued...
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby flatcountrymick on Thu May 01, 2014 7:04 pm

Pretty thorough documentation there. Thanks for the info, ideas and inspiration.
Looking at the FORUM DIRECTORY...
flatcountrymick

Postby motoz on Fri May 02, 2014 1:08 pm

Update.
Made the run back home today. It was quite wet with rain and hail at about 13deg. The throttle position remained open, post ET mod fluctuating between 99.6% and 100%. At shutdown it drops to 4.4% and is as smooth as it was before.

The engine pitch remains constant and seems to run smoother again than yesterday's run pre Tonys ET install. The EGT monitor was sold with the chip package so I have no information about the current temps. With the old setup it was constantly seeing temps of 650 and above in the hills and even in the low 500's with light load at $1.10 on a run.

The dealer in Tasmania did the latest ECU re flash and we noticed the jump in EGT's soon as we left the workshop . Wasn't too impressed though what can you do.

;)
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby motoz on Sun May 04, 2014 6:35 pm

Took the Triton to a local 4WD park just out of Adelaide. Jakem Farm is a property just out of Callington in the hills.

Went with my brother in his 2013 Hilux SR5 Space Cab. It's bit of a beast with a 4" MR kit and 285/60 R18's. Long story short the first climb and the mighty Lux had snapped the LH CV bent both sway bar links and generally shit itself... :lol:

The tracks are quite technical. I was suffering with entry and departure angle and got hung up on more than one occasion. On the s/w side of the property there was a climb up and across the face of a hill. I found myself in a pretty bad situation with the vehicle sliding across the fall line of the incline. The photos don't do anywhere near justice to the angle though we narrowly avoided a roll over situation.

Click to view larger picture Click to view larger picture

The front passenger side wheel was in a depression, the rear right was on a mound and we were about 60 degrees across the fall line. It took about 30 min of fancy shovel work, rock packing and planning got us through.

It was bit of a reality check and a situation where I changed my line mid accent and almost came unstuck.

:shock:
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups