Matts build.

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Matts build.

Postby mamiller on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:46 pm

Well iv had the tri about 6 months now got a steal of a deal on it so although i wanted white i went with the silver.
anyway stayed stock for about a week. Click to view larger picture

Stuck the bar on the front and put the spotties on from the previous bus 100 watt hid's because im afraid of the dark
Click to view larger picture

Had some light bars from the previous bus to and also needed to be able to cart long stuff around so i knocked up a couple of bars.
and with the lights fitted (possibly have a little fetish for lights)
So all the stuff above is really not that exciting but the reason i posted up the build is because iv decided to fab up a tray as im sick of the well body tub and i had a tray back previously and i found it so much more practical for me so here is the start of the job.
That's all so far. Have the sides fitted to it but had to tip it over to weld up under it. im going to fit an ally bed to keep the weight and rust down and make it bling. There is going to be a box in where the cutout in the read fancier is and im going to cut fancy led lights into it. Light bars will be mounted on a servo driven bar in front of cab rail to rotate them either down to face backwards or up to look forwards and then can be rotated out of the way for day driving to minimize wind resistance on day trips it's amazing the difference they make. Have some work lights for reverse lights and to see in the tray and some 12 volt power outlets to go in as well for fridge and shooting spotty.

Hopefully more pics to come of the more finished job shortly
mamiller
Platinum Subscriber

Re: Matts build.

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:50 pm

Impressive start so far mate, will be watching with interest.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Matts build.

Postby mattz on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:14 am

Looks great so far.....make sure you keep us updated. ;)
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby Harro on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:04 pm

G'Day Matts, noice work and good too see another Clubcab, keep the pics coming.
Harro

Postby 4wd26 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:03 pm

you sure have some lights

keen to see how the club cab ends up looking with a tray ;)
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby srb on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:07 pm

Love your work mate, I too have a light fetish. :lol:
TO SEE HOW TO HAVE A TRIP OF A LIFE TIME v
http://www.exploroz.com/Members/281229. ... x#mptabs=2
http://www.flickr.com/photos/exploroz/

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go.
srb
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mamiller on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:37 pm

For the lightophiles out there. The lights to go onto the back fancier. (i think the photoes are too big so ya have to click on them to get the whole photo.

And some more work lights :)
mamiller
Platinum Subscriber

Matts build.

Postby viking shippy on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:15 am

Those little square work lights are fantastic their better than 2x 150watt 240vt flood lights,
viking shippy

Postby mamiller on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:36 pm

Bit more progress and some more pics. was going to drill holes for the rear lights but didnt get to it. And the rear panel of the tray is rusting through in places so im thinking of getting hold of some new tray sides all round and fitting them up.
and had to go to boc today to exchange the gas bottle so i picked this up nice helmet better than the flip down iv used for the last 7 years,
mamiller
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mamiller on Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:54 am

The next bit of progress
Fitted up to make sure it fits and mark mount holes

Painted and ready to go.

Note the yellow peaking out from under the tray. That is 125 litres of awesome. Iv done over 1000 clicks and im still not down to the main tank, thats including a bunch of open road at a buck 10 to a buck 20 and sand driving down south :)
mamiller
Platinum Subscriber

Postby boatpc on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:46 pm

Looks good mate. 8-)
Your going to have to tell us more about your 125L of Awesome :D and how you've set it up.
boatpc

Postby mamiller on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:57 pm

got a free day so i rolled out the welder and got to a couple of tasks that i have needed to get to for a while. with the summer rolling up and a few races on the car i need to be able to get the K2 on the roof so had to get the rear roll bar fabbed up. couple of pics below.

and a rotatable light bar to flip them down when i need to put stuff on the roof or just for reduced drag when the lights arnt needed and just incase i really want to to see behind me like in the second pic
mamiller
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mad992 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:33 am

sh#t hot mate top job
mad992

Postby mamiller on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:11 am

Its been a while but few more pics of the rig as its coming along. Still rocking the standard rubber trying to wear it out before i change over and havent been on any big trips where iv needed better treads. Anyway I got a chance to play with the stereo before i drove her up to work so kinda wanted better tunes. so iv taken to and put a heap of dynamat in the doors and around the place set of type r splits in the front doors and some 6x9s in the back of the cab just floating free in some boxes. changed the head unit and stuck an amp under the passengers seat.

I also got to and blanked the egr and did the Longranger mk1 mod so thought id get the scan gauge and while i was at it stick a boost gauge and egt gauge in there.

the new head unit and scan gauge sitting up there.

6x9 sitting in the back

the gauges on the a pillar

stuck the uhf that i had from the previous rig in and next to it are a couple of light switches and the disengage the front diff to have 2wd low range switch.

in the back of the clubby where the silly back seats were iv built a storage unit to house all the stuff ya have to have but dont really wanna use all that often and it makes a nice flat platform for the other things that need to stay dry rather than in the tray. also i stuck a stripp of flexible led lights along the back to light the area up, it works quite well.

and how the storage boxes work

fitted a small air tank and plumbed the compressor into it (all be it temporarilly as im going to put the compressor in a quieter box or outside under the tray.

a bit of power to the back of the cab for the fridge and other things also makes getting power for devices inside the cab easier than running from the battery every time. it still needs a permanent cover to complete it and make it look tidy and less vulnerable to damage

and the work lights in all their glory so good for seeing in the tray at night and helps when trying to reverse in tricky spots.

still a heap of stuff to do. im going to fab up some sliders and fit a snorkel as well as finish of the bash guards im halfway done with. Then its diff ration changes and some decent treds and maybe a chip.
mamiller
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mamiller on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:58 pm

Couple of updates to the toy. Fitted up a tjm airtec snorkel today and you can also see the sliders based on the design from one of our fellow triton lovers, also picked up a set of glx-r rims for a good price that I shod with 265/65 coopers Click to view larger picture
Bash plates based on quinys drawings I lack a heavy duty bender and a laser cutter so they are a little less fancy but they fit just perfectly
mamiller
Platinum Subscriber

Postby VALERIO on Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:11 pm

Really nice job mate. Very usefull tray
VALERIO

Postby mamiller on Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:07 pm

VALERIO wrote:Really nice job mate. Very usefull tray

Thanks mate. Ill try anything twice. I find i can achieve most things just a little impatient so things tend to start out neat and end up a little agricultural (practical but rough).

Ive since fitted a chip, 3" exhaust and unifilter. My god it pulls hard now. Any sniff of fuel economy is long gone now with my new found acceleration, Id still love to get a set of 4.1 diffs in it and maybe go a size taller on the tyres but its getting there.
mamiller
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Duck on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:50 am

Obviously a very handy guy :) Good on you for sharing your build 8-)
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby coughy on Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:18 pm

mamiller wrote:
VALERIO wrote:Really nice job mate. Very usefull tray

Thanks mate. Ill try anything twice. I find i can achieve most things just a little impatient so things tend to start out neat and end up a little agricultural (practical but rough).

Ive since fitted a chip, 3" exhaust and unifilter. My god it pulls hard now. Any sniff of fuel economy is long gone now with my new found acceleration, Id still love to get a set of 4.1 diffs in it and maybe go a size taller on the tyres but its getting there.

what chip did you get m8??
Read this First ;) ;)Then still cant find what you are after
Use this Second ;) ;)Then still no Joy Go Here
Look in this thread 8-) 8-)
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mamiller on Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:08 pm

coughy wrote:
what chip did you get m8??

Got the DOM MK1 off Tony

I decided after quite a bit of playing that it was no good on anything above 5 without the exhaust upgrade. With the upgrade I've upped it to 8 and then back to 7 because 7 is enough, I don't really want to break anything.

Iv got a dawes and needle valve in it too controlling ramp and max boost levels (its intresting to note that with no change made to the dawes setting the max boost went from not getting above 26psi with standard zorst to spiking up to nearly 30psi with the 3" zorst, so i had to wind the dawes back a bit), which i think has made a big diff in egt's and low down pull, also got the EGR trickery in it that probably makes it more drivable.

Pretty happy with it all at the moment
mamiller
Platinum Subscriber

Postby coughy on Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:44 pm

ok nice to know as im getting one soon too so with just a dom chip from tony is it different??
or need the zorst as well to see and feel it??
as i think i can only get the chip first then zorst later..
hows the fuel economy??
or are you still planting the right boot??
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mamiller on Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:29 pm

The chip makes a big difference by itself with everything else standard, put it this way. the club cab i have has 3.6 diff ratios and the glx-r that the old man has, has the 3.9 diffs, with the same size tyres on the two mine is quicker off the mark and pulls up hills better in the higher gear at same speed.

With regards to fuel econ I dont really know, I carry too much fuel and never count but i don't think it is dramatically changed. Ive got the tray and it was never that fantastic anyway.

Note: seat of pant testing
mamiller
Platinum Subscriber

Postby coughy on Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:33 pm

wow ty for the reply
looks like im getting one for my eofys LOL
coughy
Platinum Subscriber